“Recently returned from this resort”

Suntide Island Beach Club
Llanfair Caereinion, United Kingdom
“Recently returned from this resort”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived back home on 31st August 2013 having spent a week at this resort. We had two apartments, a one bed and a two bed. Prior to our arrival we were a bit concerned about some of the poor reviews, particularly concerning overbearing management and the huge list of "do's and dont's". I have to say we wished we had stayed for two whole weeks, true the units are dated but they were perfectly fine, very clean and the location couldn't have been better. Within fifty yards of our apartment was the beach and it was superb. In fact the whole area was so clean and beautiful we will return next year if we can. One trip you should so is drive down to Venice and go to "Sharkeys" on the fishing pier, the food was great and the wildlife amazing. We say manatees and about ten dolphins swimming under and around the pier whilst we were there. WE would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Waspheart

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

On the Gulf Beach. Excellent sand beach. Near St. armaund Circle upscale shopping area. The rooms were clean but a bit dated. We wear next to the pool about 15 steps away and that was terrific. The whole area is hey beautiful resort area with lots of things to do. Grocery shopping at cetera nearby.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Scott W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have been coming to Suntide since I was 8 years old. My Mother an owner since 1988, and now for the past 3 years I have been renting my own unit during week 33. There are many families here who we have watched each summer as kids grew up, had kids of their own, and we have also lost some of our Suntide 'family'. But every year we look forward to being able to catch up and make new memories on vacation together. When we first came here every day had an event planned! Live music poolside! Bingo! Volleyball games! Ping Pong championships with folks from neighboring resorts! but over the past 20 years all of this has disappeared. Our time to spend laughing and talking into the late nights after our kids all went to bed has even been taken away. But the views and even the price, and what you get for the price is amazing!! I do howeve have a serious issue with some, not all of the staff at Suntide. It seems as though some of the staff have forgotten what customer service is all about. Being a small run buisness you would think someone who has been coming for over 16 years, and who now rents her own unit, and is looking to buy 2 weeks would be a 'priority' customer to Suntide! While Walt and Cheryl have always been a pleasure, some of the other staff need to freshen up on thier customer service skills! I would also love to see some more activities available here. I would love nothing more then for my neices and nephews, and hopefully one day my own children to be able to come here and have some of the amazing memories that I got to grow up with. I plan all year and look forward to my week here at Suntide! I just wish I felt as though the staff felt the same. Hoping for some imporvments, especially in the customer service dept, but will still return to such an amazing jewel on Lido Key!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank traderr007
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is not a resort, the rules are excessive and the management is very rude and controlling. I was harassed by the manager of the resort upon arrival in a very unprofessional manner. It is a shame that a start of a vacation has to be a negative experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank ourtravelclub
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here because of the location. The location of the resort is unbeatable. Our room was 50 yards from the beach. However that is really the only good thing. You can tell that this place is run by older people because there are so many ridiculous rules and signs. The rooms are outdated. I was sleeping on the pull-out couch and it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on, not to mention on of my bed spreads had a stain on it. Also the dishes were not very clean. They have old fashioned keys and if you lose any of them, it is a $100 fine.
For a one-bedroom, room the maximum amount of people aloud are 4 and that included new-borns. You are also not allowed to turn the temperature of the room below 72. The staff is not very accominating and over-all I would never come back.

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank Field_fairy
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family traded our timeshare to see the Gulf Coast for the first time. After searching the internet for reviews of Suntide, I became very worried about the trade because I could find very few reviews and very few pictures. We decided to go on our trip anyway, and upon arrival we were very surprised. We had a 1 bedroom unit with 1 bathroom and full kitchen right on the gulf and it was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. There are no private balconies, but each unit has 2 chairs and a small table outside their room. The resort makes up for this with many seating areas around the resort from covered gazebos, tiki huts, and pergolas with adirondack chairs, outdoor couches, and rocking chairs. I enjoyed my morning coffee and evening sunsets in all these different places each day. The resort also provides beach chairs and pool towels. We usually trade to Marriott Resorts, which have more upgrades and amenities, so we were surprised to enjoy our stay at the very small family run timeshare. Most of the others staying at the resort all knew each other and have been spending the 4th at Suntide for years, but they were nice and welcoming to us visiting for the first time. We did have to pay to use the laundromat on site, since the units don't have their own washer/dryers. There is no daily maid service or towel service. You can trade in your own towels mid-week, I would prefer daily, but we made it work. The pool and hot tub are a great size and no matter what unit you are in, you are steps from the pool and the beach. There are plenty of gas grills at the resort, so you can cook and stay in, or there are many dining options at St. Armands Circle or a short drive to Sarasota. We enjoyed our relaxing stay so much, we thought about staying another week. We will try to trade to this resort again in the future. It is small, no elevators, and no big resort activities, but it is a great, little, quiet place to stay if you want a clean condo right on the Gulf of Mexico.

Room Tip: Some units step right out to the pool, I don't think I would have liked that, but the ones stayi...