“Great vacation destination”

Suntide Island Beach Club
Shelton, Washington
“Great vacation destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We are owners who come from the Pacific NW each year for a month. We always look forward to the stay seeing friends and the FRIENDLY staff. The rules all have a purpose and are not difficult to keep and they keep our maintenance fees down. It's usually the people exchanging in that don't like the rules, although that is how we started visiting and then loved it so much bought four weeks.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have the best view. Steps a little steep for older/infirm people.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mike h

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Our Vacation didn't start very well. Upon check-in, I asked if we could get an oceanview condo. I was quite surprised when the check-in clerk laughed and said, "You're on a timeshare," as if a timeshare trade was something bad. We let that remark go and went to park our car. Assigned parking, for us, was a long distance from our condo, which was not convenient but we worked with it.

The room could have used a good vacuuming, but was otherwise clean. Rules were posted everywhere throughout the resort and the condo and there were so many it was laughable. The resort is on a beautiful beach, which was very nice.

What really ruined our experience was the manager. My husband was outside our condo door but had left the door open to air out the room. It was morning and very cool outside. I was inside, getting ready for the day, drying my hair and did not hear the manager request in a very stern manner that my husband close the door and keep it closed to help combat a mold problem. My husband complied.

I, having not heard their conversation, stepped out the door, only about a foot, to ask my husband a question, intending to go right back in, I left the door ajar. The manager bounded up the stairs and yelled "I told you to keep the door closed and if I have to tell you again, I will charge you for my time." Stunned, I just looked at him with my mouth opened, but said okay. He turned and started back down the stairs and said, "Damned RCI people."

What???? You are a rude man! Really, the first time I have ever been so upset by customer service at a resort. Then when we returned from our day trip, there was a message from management on the voice-mail system, tell us again to keep the door to the condo closed. We will never stay there again! If they do not want RCI people at their resort, stop being a RCI resort, but don't take it out on your guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
18 Thank ToriShadow
Jersey Shore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I are frequent travelers to the Caribbean, often making use of our timeshare exchanges further south. Our exchange this week at Suntide was a new experience at least for me since she owned a week at a very similar facility 3 resorts to the north and had had a lot of experience with the area for ten years running in the 90's. I have to say that I was very impressed with this small (41 unit) property. Some critics have written that it's harshly managed and I will note that management here is ... strict about rules, but it works since the place is unfailingly clean, quiet and well run. The clientele here is mixed in ages, but geezers predominate. (I'm 65, so I qualify!). The design is a bit dated and single bedroom suites can be compact with mostly queen-size beds and a combo living/dining room and kitchen area. But the layout is efficient and with a lovely beach 50 yards away, and a beautiful pool and huge hot tub, why would you spend a lot of time in your room?! Incidentally, while the layout is dated, the pool, hot tub and all of the fixed assets here are either new or recently refurbished.
The locale is perfect. About 2 miles from St. Armand's circle - certainly walkable. The beach is beautiful (a bit shelly since it's not raked often, but that's no biggy!). We took long walks both north and south on the beach that were wonderful.
The people here were all friendly and the facilities served our purposes completely. And I for one welcomed a little "management discipline" if it makes my vacation better!
(Incidentally, if you want "new" and a bit more rowdy, the Ritz Carlton 4 resorts south might suit you, but you'll certainly come away a lot poorer!)

Room Tip: 224 is a good bet. Second floor above the lobby with excellent ocean/pool views from the living roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CelticMutt
Marshfield MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and I had a great time at this resort. We were there last week of Sept. into first of Oct. Very clean unit. Small resort, very quiet which is what we were looking for. Beach is beautiful, we use the gas grills a lot and enjoy the Armands circle area. This was our 3rd visit to this resort in the past 3 years and we will go back.

Room Tip: We like the second story rooms and away from the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caz6428
Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great place for a relaxing stay!!! If you're into the beach, quiet, comfortable (not necessarily new) accommodations, with a very friendly and supportive staff ..... this is the place. Restaurants in the area (St Armands Circle) are pricey but worth it. Monday donuts and Wednesday Hot Dogs great mixing opportunity.
Beds are a little hard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BlueInColorado
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have to comment on the bad reviews that Suntide is getting. My family has stayed at Suntide since the place opened. They do have several rules but the rules that they have are for the protection and courtesy of the guests. You that complain about the rules are usually the ones that violate the rules. As far as the staff, Cheryl and Walt are top notch. They treat you like family and are always willing to help you if needed. The place is a little dated at times but how can you complain when you are sitting on the beach. All I have to say is if you don't like this place then drive a little farther south to a place called Coquina on the Beach. I'm sure you will have better to say about this great place.

Room Tip: Pool side or down by the beach...all rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LMD281
Kenton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Unfortunely on our thrid day, our unit was robbed. Someone took our cash. We did not know the unit had a safe, found it in the kitchen in a bottom cabinet No compassion, empathy or sorrow from the management. When the police arrived, they brought them in our back door, not sure why other than not to be noticed. Otherwise the condo is very user friendly, clean and well located, just steps to the pool and beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jaymad2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Lido Beach Resort
Lido Beach Resort
#11 of 49 in Sarasota
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,464 reviews

Been to Suntide Island Beach Club? Share your experiences!