Suntide Island Beach Club
US$88
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$112
US$167
US$161
HotelIndigo.com
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$413
  • Restaurant
US$260
US$216
All reviewsself cateringmaintenance feeslido keytime sharepool and hot tubgrounds are well maintainedthe beach is greatst armands circlelounge chairsoffice stafflaundry roomrooms are cleanpublic beachtimeshareunitscondobedroom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just recently got back from an amazing trip to florida-despite the disappointing part of the trip which was at the Suntide. Yep I, like many of you, did not want to believe the negative reviews on this site. I thought people are too critical and maybe over sensitive. I then figured with a four star rating and a quick analyzation of the system that at least it would be on the beach and clean. So I went with it, exchanged my timeshare and planned my trip. I knew that for the most part that staying in this place was going to be simple and low maintenance. The problem was upon arrival that low maintenance was an overstatement. Figure somewhat clean grounds, no housekeeping what so ever, and two days a week towel trade in. No help anywhere, not on the beach with chairs, not in your room for some fresh linens, and definetly not found in any single area at this timeshare/hotel or whatever you may call it. (By the way you have to clean your room, towels and linens must be removed and brought down otherwise a hefty fine along with a giant key! Yep you will get a $65 fine for loosing that.)
What you do get - a nasty woman that obviously hates customer service and hates you! Then on some days when she's not in you get her evil step brother- dare not to ask a question he will snap at you and give you the same miserable attitude. And if by any chance you ask for a late check out be ready to get the worst attitude, sarcastic overtone and an abrupt answer immediately. Yep no maintenance and no customer service. You will get a few messages though about the rules around the ever so disgustingly cloudy pool. People partying until midnight? perhaps. But who cares. It wasn't a problem because with the doors shut and air on you can't hear anything. You also get some beat up lounge chairs, a bunch of warnings and what not to do, and a bunch of broken barbecues. Yep, good luck going around the complex and trying each one you may be in luck with a functioning bbq in front of someones door? Yes door- thats the genius construction and development you get at this hole..I mean resort. No matter where you are situated don't think you will have any view except of a huge staircase and cars.
I was optimistic and we enjoyed our stay in Sarasota. Sarasota has wonderful restaurants, many things to do and see.
My kids had a good time even though the pullout bed wasn't a bed at all but a bunch of springs- don't depend on a good nights sleep. Try not to get a one bedroom and overall don't stand in front of your room anytime near checkout even if you are waiting for your hubbie to park in front of the complex, walk up and down the 18 steps with everyones luggage and bags and strollers, while you watch the kids in front of the vacated room. Because what will happen is you will be charged $50 dollars and you will have no warning at all.
I don't know how to make this clear enough- don't make the mistake i did- i have been to so many beautiful places in and out of the USA. But this is not one of them---I repeat NOT! Its one of the worst hotels on Lido- I think theres a bigger dump next to it-but overall all the other hotels are so much nicer. Stay next door at the lido beach resort- Its a million times better in every aspect. When you go there you will see friendly people, caring staff and some real customer service.
Unfortunately the rumors were true and I had to see it to believe it- I hope I spared your time and convinced you not to waste your money here.

Room Tip: none…they're horrible and tiny. Beds are small. No views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The sun tide is a great place to stay if you want something laid back, relaxed, whether you are using it as a place to retreat to or to launch from. It's close enough to the beach to walk, it's actually on the beach, but far enough away to get away from it for a little. The pool was good and the jacuzzi was equally nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed in a 2BR/2BA - Unit # 215 and everything was great! This is not a fancy place, but it is very well maintained and managed. The beach is great and it's the perfect location for walking up to St. Armands for dinner and then burning off a few calories on the walk back (about 12 minutes)! They have everything you need: pool chairs, pool, hot tub, grills, tiki huts to sit in the shade, ping-pong, shuffle-board. If you have little ones that nap during the day, you may want to get a room as far away from the pool as possible - since it gets pretty loud during the day. This was our 4th stay & we can definitely recommend this place! Unit 215 in particular is great - as it has excellent gulf views (most units do not) during the day and refreshing cool breezes in the evening! I would give them 5-stars instead of 4 (close call) but like I said -it's not fancy & as a 2-level property; it does not offer the fantastic views you can get in a high-rise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank MJones84
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sun-Tide Beah Club on Lido beach in Sarasota Florida in April. We were walkins without reservations.We were very impressed by the unit , it's cleanliness, beach front location with direct acces and discretion of the guests.
We definately intend to return on our next trip to Sarasota if units are available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 0udi
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and i just returned from a week at Sun Tide Beach. We were very concerned, having never been there before, about some of the negative reviews. Our experience was 5 star. We didn't find any of the negatives mentioned and found many positives. Our room was over the office and we had a perfect view of the pool and beach. Only negative would be "no elevator", if you are on the second floor. Since my wife and I bring "everything we own" it did take some effort moving in and moving out, but it was worth it. We plan on returning to this resort. P.S. Each room has a designated parking place. We found this to be very helpful as parking at some of the larger resorts can be very frustrating.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to pool, no real bad locations.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple