All reviews night's sleep negative reviews patrick air force base nice pool patrick afb hot tub volleyball a1a surfing
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A ten minute drive south of Cocoa Beach, but much cheaper than Cocoa hotels. Formerly a Days Inn, aging no-frills motel is clean and well maintained. Across the street from uncrowded excellent ocean beach. Motel is pet friendly, dogs on leash are tolerated on the beach. Several snowbirds were there for a month or more. Continental breakfast is sparse but the coffee is good. Heated outdoor pool, good wi-fi in rooms, fridge and microwave, good neighbourhood for long walks.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The desk staff and cleaners were very mice. I had no trouble with them whatsoever. The room was clean, but didn't smell clean. The beds were comfy, however there was a great deal of noise from other folk staying at the hotel. We could hear pretty much every word being said outside. At 2am. On multiple nights. With people actually banging on our door looking for "Eddy". Again, at 2am. Using language I'd rather my kids not hear. But I digress... The pool was warm and clean. The breakfast was vey weak - even for a discount motel. The wifi was also intermittent, and very slow when it did work.
The bottom line - if you'd like to stay in Florida but feel like you're in a third world country, I'd recommend this motel. If not, you can get a lot better for not much more.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Memberd
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We have stayed here for many a year. This year do to economy , the name is changed, however, the people are the same. Polite courtious and very friendly. The manager, Mannie was so helpful in getting us our favorite room. Even through we came a few days early. This year we also brought our 19 month old Goldendoodle. There were a few large breeds here and we had amble space to connect with one another. It was so enjoyable. The room was clean and equipped, the staff always on hand for things you would need. All the ice machines and laundry machines worked perfectly the whole month of our stay as they should. Breaksfast room equipped and friendly greetings. The pool area was mantained every single morning of our stay. In all we didnt pay a arm and a leg , and things werent 5 star, but we still enjoyed the leisure of our trip. Thanks All. <3

Room Tip: We like a room with a view. Overlook the parking lot and pool. <3
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I decided to book a room about a week before we went on vacation, concerned we would not be able to get a room being that the Daytona 500 would be going on. I was happy with the price, but REALLY concerned because of the reviews I had read after my husband had booked the room. The front office/lobby doesn't give the best impression, a little run down, the staff was kind of scruffy looking, but extremely nice and helpful. We checked the room out before we unloaded anything, I wanted to make sure we did not see any roaches and to check the mattresses for signs of bed bugs. The room was decent and I was comfortable with what I saw and experienced. The room was tidy and clean, we did not see any evidence of bugs, it was a bit worn looking, but for the price I was comfortable. The mattress appeared to be relatively new and the linens were clean. The maid was very pleasant and accomodating, however did not look very professional. End result....I would stay again, we enjoyed the pool and felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed here last year and it was ok. This year got a room that was swarming with cockroaches. Did not discover it until 11:00 pm. Put out belongings in our car and was given another room. Only saw dead roaches smashed on the wall in this room. After not getting much sleep we tried to check out and were told we had to pay for our whole reservation of one week. We were offered another room but..... I do not like roaches. Manager called police when we were upset with them. The deputy sheriff was very nice and thought it was reasonable that I pay for the night we stayed and another night , which I would of done gladly but the manager stated I had to pay the whole thing. I will take that up with my credit card company. We found another place to stay that bent over backward to help us after we told them our horror story. Of note, the deputy said they get called to this place several times a week for the same issue.

• Stayed: February 2013