“Best Management and housekeeping everLocation excellent!!! Stayed 2 months. And best rates anywhere on Beach/ spacecoast..”

Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I must say; I moved off patrick afb and was referred to this hotel. ( its right next to airbase and across from beach A1A. I walked in and reception excellent and best rate ever.What I really loved was for first time in my life I did not have to cook clean vacume and was able to really relax. Manny and Michelle and Jimmy the best. ( front desk mgrs) . Just call the desk and anything you need is there, Breakfast great + coffee pot always fresh 24-7.even fresh fruit at breakfast! The entire staff is like family. Location..plenty great eateries...the property pool always a breeze off the Atlantic. I can't thank all of you enough for pet friendly policy and great security. I stayed March April and going back in May! Guests international and us so friendly. You will "not"be dissappointed. Excellent extended stay for groups or contractors. Come visit!

outstanding and accomodating. Rooms clean. Fresh pillows...great!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We needed a cheap overnight at the end of our week-long condo rental so that we could fly home in the early morning - this place did the trick! Old and worn but clean, lots of pillow but none very comfortable, thin towels, loud bathroom fan, etc. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. They did have a nice, though unheated, pool, but the hot tub was sealed off. No beach access within easy walking distance, the condos across the street all have signs posted saying "no access". We requested a crib and it was set up in the room when we arrived, although it looked quite used and not necessarily clean... a few wet wipes did the trick. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast is pretty basic: cereals, toast, muffins, milk, tea and coffee.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel, away from the main street and pool - apparently a high scho...
Reviewed 31 March 2013

great deal for the money.close to beaches.all we could want in a hotel for the money.hope to see mannie next year!we were looking for days inn but saw their is a new sign americas best value inn over the old sign.they have a nice clean swimming pool and hot tub.the continental breakfast was all we needed

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We have seen Americas Best Value Inn's in other cities and they seem like a clean place to stay. HOWEV ER, this Americas Best Value Inn was anything but! We found roaches in the room, the carpet was wet, black liquid was leaking from the air conditioner, that looked like it should have been removed years ago. The bathtub was orange; and I don’t mean it was an orange tub. I just had not been cleaned well in a long time. The smell of deodorizer in the office was very strong, however, the deodorizer smell in the room was worse. I started coughing from the smell, which I am guessing was there to cover up the spray for the roaches. The pool was dirty and it appeared that it had not been cleaned in a long time. We stayed a few hours and then moved to another hotel. NONE OF US felt good about staying at this place. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. It needs to be torn down and rebuilt. It appears that it used to be a Days Inn, which usually is a good place to stay; don't be fooled by photos of the Inn. Not sure what room the reviewer "Norman586" stayed in, but he had a MUCH better stay than we did. They did not even refund the first night; we only stayed a few hours when we realized the roach situation and then very quickly made a reservation for another hotel in Cocoa Beach. This place offered Continental Breakfast for the morning and I am glad we were not there for this.

Room Tip: Not at this Inn. Go to the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach for a much better stay.
2  Thank SUZANNE W
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The sign outside is still saying it's Days Inn but it is not. Very confusing.
We stayed here for 2 nights, as many hotels near NASA Kennedy Space Centre are quite
expensive and this hotel looked ok on the internet.

The TV channels were somehow limited. Our duvet had a few moth bites...
The bathroom was ok, clean enough to use it. The wifi is really not good. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There are a few wifi channels (DaysInn 1, DaysInn 2, 3, 4 ...) and had
no idea which was to choose. The breakfast was ok... not good coffee. The muffins not so good but it's ok. Bagles, bread, ... probably below standard. You have to get milk and butter etc from the fridge in the lobby by yourself. Very awkward. The juice machine had apple and orange juice, which was good for my children's liking.

The cleaner was quite pushy, we were trying to get ourselves ready for outing around 9.30am and she knocked the door to ask us when we were leaving. If it's after 11am, I can understand but 9.30am??? No wonder there were so many <Do Not Disturb>sign up at the doors.
When we came back for the 2nd night there, our TV was left on and the light in the bathroom was left on as well. I had to ask my husband to go into the room first and check if there was noone hiding there. I wondered what the cleaner had been doing in our room, where we left our suitcases and stuff. Not pleasant experience.
And the coffee machine wasn't cleaned after our first night. Still old coffee was left in it.
And the second night, some couple knocked our next door (probably a few doors away from us) and started a huge argument at 3 o'clock in the morning... horrible f-word, s-word, whatever you name it, men punching each other, women screaming at each other... horrible. Eventually, it seemed the hotel manager(?) came to the room and asked them to stop fighting etc...

I would not recommend to stay there, unless the manager does something about it: housekeepers, room decoration, breakfast etc.
I'd rather pay extra to stay a better hotel next time I come to the area, as Satellite beach, Cocoa Beach etc are so utterly beautiful to visit. The hotel shouldn't spoil this fond memory.

1  Thank Tenten7
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Had a reservation and called next day to switch from King setup to 2 doubles set up. Manny (manager) assured us he changed it in the computer and we were all set.
We show up around 10pm after traveling all day and are told they dont have any double setups and will only honor our original reservation of a king setup and will not refund so we could go elsewhere. Asked them to make it right and give us another room...nope. Spoke to the Manager that night, "I remember that conversation, but there is nothing we can do for you". We decided to stay somewhere else. Place was dirty and poorly managed. I guess you get what you pay for. Hope this saves somebody money.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank aechazab
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A ten minute drive south of Cocoa Beach, but much cheaper than Cocoa hotels. Formerly a Days Inn, aging no-frills motel is clean and well maintained. Across the street from uncrowded excellent ocean beach. Motel is pet friendly, dogs on leash are tolerated on the beach. Several snowbirds were there for a month or more. Continental breakfast is sparse but the coffee is good. Heated outdoor pool, good wi-fi in rooms, fridge and microwave, good neighbourhood for long walks.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
#16 of 22 in Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!