Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Reviewed 16 May 2014

For the value the hotel isn't awful. The location is a little drive from Cocoa Beach. You pay for what you get as far as the room; there is a slight odor to the hotel though all around. The employees however aren't very pleasant. We arrived late at night and had to check in at the outside window with a gentleman; he was absolutely rude! He was so rude to the point we almost didn't stay here. However for a room just to sleep and shower it's ok.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Back again and very impressed Flowers are in bloom and the water warm. We can walk to any of the beaches nearby. Room was recarpeted and repainted. Very nice to have an iron and ironing board in the Room. The laundromat on the property is inexpensive and convenient. Manager and staff very accmodating and professional. Brought the dog and she loves to walk around every day. Supermarket down the road. We cooked out on the grill yesterday. Nice touch for travelers. We will come again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here as it's close by my brothers house and it does just what it says on the tin - it is good value for money - but people it is 3 star!! Don't roll up and expect 5 star for a $50 room - the reviews on here for this place drive me crazy... This place is clean and tidy and as good as you can expect for the money you pay - it's a place to lay your head for the night but it's not the Ritz!!!
The only small thing I had to say is that the bedspread had been used on a smoker's room previously so it was brown and really smelled of nicotine - that's the only small complaint I had - it was clean and functional for a cheap price.

Room Tip: If you're looking for luxury, you're looking at the wrong hotel ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank diet_coach
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This is the typical American motel in the imagination of a European. Pretty cheap, a dark and smoke smelling, not so quiet room in an old structure. Close to the beaches and to Melbourne, with breakfast included and air conditioning. Probably one could find something better for 75$ per night.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We thought we were getting a bargain,but to honest " you get what you pay for" the rooms are smelly and dirty. You stick to the carpets in the bedroom. The coffee is up drinkable. An added extra is that you get bitten during the night. Please pay the extra. - it's worth it!

Room Tip: Go to a decent hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is disgusting!!! We were checked in by a unfriendly front desk person. Whatever everyone has a bad day. We opened the room and were hit in the face with the smell of a wet dog who has been smoking in a bar all night. It was gross I went back to the front desk and explained the problem and to see if there was another room. I was handed bottle of Febreze and told there were no other rooms. I used the whole bottle but there was NO relief from the smell. We played the game of don't touch the floors because they were so disgusting and stained. The shower had no hot water and forget about WiFi there was none. After telling the owner of our stay the only thing he said was he would give me 10% off our next stay there hahahahaha like I would ever stay there again. He also added not to bother writing a bad review as no one reads them and stays away. Please don't give this hotel your hard earned money...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I checked in to 3 rooms in this motel on April 5th, but did not stay the night after finding bed bugs. The toilet backed up in the first room we were given after flushing only toilet paper. We went to the office and we're given room 244. I was sitting on the bed nursing my baby when I noticed a bed bug on the pillow next to me and there were more on the head board. We were initially given a refund for our room and started bagging all of our belongings up to take to a laundromat to kill the bed bugs. My parents and sister checked their rooms for bed bugs and found a dead one in my sister's room. They did not find any in my parents room. My sister was told she would get a refund, but the manager, Mannie, refused to give one to my parents. My husband told the manager that he should give us all a refund. This caused the Manager to start screaming and saying he was going to call the cops. He then refused to give my sister a refund after saying that she would receive one 5 minutes earlier. The cops did come before we were finished bagging everything up and told us the manager was throwing us off of the property. The manager claimed that we were knocking on every door waking people up. We did not knock on any doors but did tell any one that was standing outside smoking that we found bed bugs. We were able to bag everything up except for the pack n play, which we left behind because we didn't want to risk taking any bed bugs with us. As we were leaving, we heard the mangager telling other customers that we brought the bed bugs with us because we didn't want to pay for our rooms. We didn't even stay the night! Who would believe that!?! A few days later, I checked my bank account and saw that we were refunded the money for the room and then recharged. We were also charged another $106 for who knows what. My mom contacted the motel chain to file a complaint and the manager is claiming that we flushed a diaper down the toilet. This is not true!!! We weren't there very long and the few diapers I did change would have been found in the trash can. We shouldn't have to pay for this motel's terrible plumbing. This motel needs new management!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#17 of 22 in Melbourne
Las Olas Beach Club
Las Olas Beach Club
#1 of 2 in Satellite Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!