“Reopened as Italian Restaurant by new owners”
Review of River Grille - CLOSED

River Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: River Grille has been retired as of May 25 2013. Thank You all for your support and remarks. We have enjoyed serving you these last seven years!
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The River Grill, much mourned by many, has morphed into yet another Italian Restaurant. The owner just got tired of running it and turned the building over to new owners. We have not yet tried this new incarnation.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

For no stated reason, the Indian River Grill has closed. According to reports, the building is to re-open as another restaurant in due course.

5  Thank Helen R
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My brother and I visited river grille restaurant last Friday and had the most wonderful experience ever. I have been to the river grille many times in the past and always had consistently excellent food, however, last week it was 10 stars delicious. I enjoyed a special of the evening, filet mignon, crab cake and skewered grilled shrimp with glazed carrots and twice baked potato. Cleaned my plate and wanted to order one to go. My brother enjoyed a double crab cake with the same sides and as usual Chef Michele's crab cakes are the best ever. After enjoying a dessert we left with sadness in our hearts as we will never be able to enjoy that meal again as Chef Michele retired her six year river grille on Saturday to be a mother to first grader Felix. Guess I will have her cater a few dinners with her special as I understand she will continue to do catering while her husband Gus opens an Italian Restaurant in the same location as the river grille in a few months. (Maybe I can call in advance and have Gus prepare the filet, crab cake & shrimp dish)

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife and I tried the River Grille for her birthday and what a disapointment. The best part of the meal was the rolls. The overpriced small caesar salad was week at best. We ordered the special for that night Wahoo that was overdone, dried out, and tasteless. The only time we saw our waiter was when he took our order and when he left the huge bill on the table. This place will never see us again.

2  Thank baseball1130
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We loved the food and wait staff. Always a wonderful treat! This is one of the best restaurants in the Vero/ Sebastian area.

1  Thank tracygradolph