“Corporate Retreat, but I'm bringing my fiance back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capt Hiram's Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Capt Hiram's Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sebastian
Coconut Creek, Florida, United States
“Corporate Retreat, but I'm bringing my fiance back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a coporate retreat. From the minute I arrived, my team of around 40 people coulndn't have received better customer service. The gentleman checking us in was very friendly and efficient, the breakfast attendants were available to help with anything we needed, and it seemed like everyone really appreciated and loved their jobs. They went overboard to accomodate our large group for our meeting space and lunches. The SandBar is a wonderful place to relax after meetings all day and the food from the hotel restaurant was very good. The general look of the hotel was almost a "rustic beachy" look- very laid back and comfortable. The rooms are very cozzy and clean. It was also very easy to relax here. I cannot wait to bring my fiance here for a quite, weekend get away!!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconys...to enjoy this, I'd pick a water view on the upper two floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
It was indeed our pleasure to have had all of you here with us! Your entire party was extraordinarily friendly. We look forward to when next we may have the opportunity to serve you again as our guest. Thank you so very much your valued feedback! The Hiram's Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My wife and I arrived at the hotel clutching out newspaper voucher offering a $40 credit for use at the bars and restaurant. I've been travelling to the US for the better part of 30 years and I have to say this is probably the best vacation hotel/resort I have stayed in. Some hotels have bigger TV's or bigger pools or more sophisticated accommodations - this hotel has everything you need and is just ooozzzes class. It was impossible to single out a staff member they are all 1st class from Adam, who checked us in (with a very pretty assistant who had just started with the hotel) through to the gorgeous lady who helped us with our breakfast choices - all excellent. Now the downside - whereas the entertainment in the bars associated with the hotels is good - their staff could learn a thing or two from the hotel staff, talk about needing lessons in customer service!! I'm not tarring them all with the same brush but it seemed as if they were doing you this huge favour by serving you - I thought the customer was supposed to be King, especially in the good ole US of A - and then we had food - well in saying that, I struggled through a third of it before giving up - but then to add insult to injury the server pointed out that my wife and I hadn't eaten much and would we like a box to take the remaining food home! - we declined - It might be that we caught them on a bad night (Weds 14 Sept) but the voucher offering bar/restaurant dollars was a waste of time.
However don't be put off the hotel is EXCELLENT and there are plenty of other local bars with good food and good entertainment.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool but they are all of a very high standard. The place is very, very livel...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bernyp
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Thank you for having taken the time to afford your valuable feedback. We appreciate all of the points you have made. We are actually in the process of "Returning to our roots". Keep an eye out, for there are some very positive redirections happening in the restaurant and Sandbar. Also, should you stay with us after February of 2012 you will be of the first to see our brand new hotel furniture! Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to when next we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Living in Brevard most of my life I've gone very often to Hirams for a dinner, night out, and even an occasional wedding. Each time has been a very pleasant experience. While researching for my husbands 30th birthday surprise, I found myself looking at the resort and considering just a weekend away for the two of us. While money is definitely an option and a weekend "away" from home itself would cost me a penny, I still am concerned about having expenses for activities.... Boating, skis, drinks, etc. While I am still researching my options I had to comment how impressed I was to see the manager comment on every post.
Just proves my earlier statement, customer service here is awesome. I hope I can find it in my budget to give my husband a great 30th getaway :)

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you so very much for your complimentary feedback! It is our pleasure to afford the utmost hospitality to guests and patrons of the resort, such as yourself. Gratitude expressed in any fashion is our greatest reward. It is most refreshing when our guests take the time to put positive feedback in writing. We look forward to celebrating with both you and your husband. On behalf of the entire team here at Capt Hiram's, Thank you again.
Jonathan Starratt, Hotel Manager
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Cute hotel, with clean rooms, and comfortable beds. The hotel restaraunt was reasonably priced, and the food was fair. The hotel also has a tiki bar which was really a lot of fun, and had a great band playing. That really made our stay! The only complaint we really had was that the rooms have a sugar ant infestation. Tiny white ants were all over the bathroom counter, the nightstands, and the dresser. When we told Tanya (or Tammy?) at the front desk about the ant problem in our room we got the old, "this is south Florida you can't help bugs" line. Not a good answer. And no apology. In fact she seemed a bit irritated by the whole thing, but did take us to look at two other rooms (that also had ants). We've stayed at many hotels in South Florida that do not have bugs, we won't go back to Hiram's.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sun-in-the-city
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for taking your valuable time to afford us your feedback. I must apologize that you felt as though your concerns were not attended to in a most hospitable fashion. It is unfortunate that we were not able to accommodate you in a more efficient manner. I have spoken with the team member that attempted to assist you during your stay and taken every precaution to ensure that this room be “Ant-Free”. Although sugar ants (ghost ants) are harmless they are most certainly a nuisance. In an effort to combat these pests we are maintained weekly by a pest control company and regularly inspected. Our housekeeping staff also works diligently to ensure that there are no traces of sugars within the rooms as this is their main attractant. I most certainly appreciate your having taken the time to submit your honest feedback. In the event that you should ever reconsider staying with us; please, contact me directly Jonathan Starratt Hotel Manager 772-388-8588
North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We will definitely come back to Captain Hiram's. The hotel was clean and modern, although we didn't spend much time in our room! We were at the Sandbar for the majority of the weekend and it did not disappoint! The bartenders and servers are friendly, the food is pretty good and the live bands are impressive. You can tell they run a tight ship and you never had to wait long for your next round of drinks. The experience was exactly what we came for. We went for a girl's weekend and left the husbands at home with the babies with the intention of de-stressing and having a rowdy good time....Captain Hiram's definitely delivered!!

2 Thank hperella
On behalf of the Hiram's staff, thank you for taking the time to afford us your most valued feedback! It is our greatest pleasure to have served you as our guest. We look forward to when next we have the opportunity to earn your business and express to you our gratitude for having chosen us as your getaway destination. Sincerely, the Hiram's Team
Leics, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Avoid going here at all costs!

Requested and payed for a water veiw room on higher floor, got a room on ground floor, overlooking car park, right next to back exit door! Noisy all night!

Room was non smoking yet absoulty stunk of stale smoke!!!

Worst thing was the bar! Well the bar is nice but a certain girl
That works there is terrible! Worst attitude in the world!!! Really abused me to my face, because i didnt tip her after she got us our first drink! ( i was going to tip after the meal and drinks, as any normal person would )

I complained about her but managment dodnt even offer a sorry or explain!!

Lots of nicer places to stay in sebastian!!!

Rooms also look like your granny furnished / designed them in the 60"s

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank WanderlustJoff
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Thank you so very much for your valued feedback. I apologize for what can only be interpreted as a negative experience here at Capt Hiram's Resort.
As the Hotel manager it is my responsibility to ensure that guests are guaranteed the specific room type they request and pay for. We are a 70 room resort. We have 18 different room types within the resort. There are merely 16 rooms that specifically afford waterfront accommodations. If given the opportunity to discuss this I am certain I can shed light on the room type you specifically reserved as well as the charges incurred. If a mistake has indeed been made I would be happy to provide your restitution.
We are in fact a Non- Smoking hotel in our entirety. I personally strictly enforce our policy and fine those that smoke in the rooms. Our housekeeping staff works very diligently to neutralize odors; cigarette smoke is always a challenge.
I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate management at the restaurant. Once again I welcome your contact so that I may attain more specifics of this instance. In this way responsible parties may be held accountable in order to prevent the circumstances you describe from ever being repeated.
In all fairness, grandma didn’t really assist in the design of our rooms. She does, however, have excellent taste. Nonetheless we are currently in the process of updating the entire resort. I will be posting photos of our renovation process as they develop to our facebook page. Please rest assured my Grandma is not involved in the renovation process either.
I once again would like to thank you for your honest feedback and cordially invite you to contact me directly in an effort to appease this circumstance. Thank you for your consideration. Respectfully,
Jonathan Starratt 772-388-8588 Hotel Manager, Capt Hiram’s Resort
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

My business partner who is walking to Washington D.C. from Hillsboro Beach, Florida was warmly welcomed to stay at Cap't Hiram's Resort while passing through Sebastian. Our accommodations are clean, fresh and the staff are very friendly and courteous and everyone went out of their way to welcome us here! The Sandbar has great music (we stayed on Monday and Tuesday nights) and we found some locals mixed with people from all over the US visiting this resort. Everyone was having a great time and in our opinion , how could they not with such great services and staff! Thank you Tim, and all of Cap't Hiram's for an incredible stay and for your support on our Journey of 1054 miles for happiness. You certainly put a smile on our faces! We would recommend your services and your resort to all our friends and family looking for a nice relaxing time with a great atmosphere! I'm adding you to our Facebook pages and following your blog as well! Thanks again for all you have done for us!
Eddy Rodriguez and Maria Dzoba
Smile and Wave America

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Thank you! It is our greatest pleasure to have served you as our guest. We appreciate your having taken the time to write such complimentary feedback. We greatly look forward to when next you return. Hiram's Hotel Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sebastian Hotel & Suites
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach - Ocean Front
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
#16 of 26 in Vero Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Been to Capt Hiram's Resort? Share your experiences!