Let me start by saying i had a lot of fun here on my 3 night stay and i would probably return even though i gave only 2 stars. The 2 stars is for the room. We were in a 1st floor riverfront 2 queen room. View, beautiful. Other than that, the room was about as inviting as a jail cell. Zero decor, dreary, dimly lit and musty. We had the patio door open every time we were in the room just for some relief of the jail cell feel. The bathroom was really odd as you can see from some of the travel photos, with a really long countertop with only one sink and no cabinetry. The lighting was absolutely horrid in there. Now i realise lots of hotels have poor water pressure in their showers, but this was the worst i have ever experienced. I actually wound up switching the shower off and using the tub faucet to fill a cup of water (repeatedly) to get the shampoo out of my hair. And i have short hair! As far as housekeeping/cleanliness goes, the same hair that was on the bathroom floor when we checked in was still there when we checked out. A bit unnerving.
The good part is the waterfront bar/restaurant next door to the hotel. We had several meals there including breakfast, dinner and late night pickins. Good coffee in the morn and even better bloody marys. We enjoyed just about everything we ordered, especially the steamed clams. Fresh and tender in a great light garlicy sauce with toast for dipping. The live band at the Sandbar kicked serious butt and played a great slection of music. And yes, the Sandbar is actually sandy floored for an even better beachy vacation feel. They have some funky seating out there as well, with a boat to sit in and surf board table tops. Had a great time every time we walked in there. A real party atmosphere.
The location of this place is perfect. Fishing, boating, jet skiing etc. If i ever do return i would try a room in the main hotel, hoping they are nicer and have better housekeeping than the awful river front rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Capt Hiram's Resort offers an island resort atmosphere right on Sebastian’s River Front. Our Sebastian Florida Hotel is designed to appeal to weekend travelers, fishermen, business travelers and long term guests. The Inn has King or Double Queens room types. All of our smoke-free rooms have private balconies, many overlooking the beautiful Indian River, Internet access with complimentary WI FI. Other amenities offered by The Inn at Capt Hiram's, include coffee makers, small refrigerators, hair dryer, iron and board, in-room safes, 43" TVs, and rich, colorful tropical décor. The free-form, heated pool is beautifully landscaped with tropical foliage. Coin laundry and vending machines are also available to our guests.Guests of our Sebastian Florida hotel enjoy full access to our other wonderful features, including the riverfront restaurant (serving breakfast, lunch & dinner) and 4 bars: the Bahamian-style SandBar complete with Bimini Beach, the Coral Bar and Scoops. We also have the Grand Stand Bandstand with great live entertainment 7 days a week, the Boatique Gift Shop, and our marina nestled on the Intracoastal Waterway has 60 boat slips available and you can enjoy deep-sea and river fishing; scenic river cruises on the Indian River Lagoon, jet ski and boat rentals, and kayak tours.All this and so much more, in one location - so what are you waiting for? Come to Capt Hiram's, where you can be lazy or get crazy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Capt Hiram's Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capt Hiram`s Hotel Sebastian
- Captain Hirams Hotel
- Captain Hirams Motel
- Capt Hiram's Resort Sebastian, Florida