“Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sebastian
Dania Beach, Florida
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a nice relaxing place . Friendly front desk staff. Clean large room. Controlling the temperature in my room was a problem. Other than that, I was happy with my stay. I would come back. O, the resort is a short drive to beautiful Sebastian inlet Natl.park! I laid back on the beach for a few hours. Very cool.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank warrendcc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This review is to thank the staff at Capt Hiram's for our recent stay. My wife and I were celebrating our 3rd anniversary in town and were visiting several restaurants and lounges. We brought our little shitz-szu doggie and left her in the room while we were gone. She misbehaved (yipping at footsteps) while we were gone. The staff called me, not to ask us to leave, but to tell us that the dog was enjoying their company at the front desk and we should take our time and pick her up on our way back to our room. They really could not have been nicer and we thank them all for their understanding and kind hearts on one of our special days. Thanks again and we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: We had Room 115 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Really miss going to Captain Hiram's. It was my wife & I's favorite. My wife hasn't been doing well as of late. She can barely even walk anymore. I hope I can enjoy the ambiance of Captain Hiram's again. A lot of good memories.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here recently for a high school reunion. Since Sebastian is a small town, I didn't have big expectations, but my room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. I was located on the 3rd floor of the mainland side. Some of my friends were located across the street just above the restaurant/bar, and their rooms looked comfortable as well Beautiful location and the entire facility worked out really well for a reunion. We will return!

Room Tip: Check during reservations if certain rooms are noisy, since they have the bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Kansas City
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Captain Hiram's is a friendly place, my first impression was the pleasant surroundings on the intercoastal waterway, and exceptionally pleasant staff. It started out very well.

Room pricings were nominal for the area, higher than average, but within 20% of the big chains. Considering you get opening windows and a balcony with an actual bathtub in the bathroom, well worth the extra. Room size, ours, was pleasantly spacious, clean, well appointed and well maintained. It showed no signs of mold, mildew, wear or age and was surprisingly scent and fragrance free, although the same couldn't always be said for the halls.

The biggest downside was the lack of immediate water views, however the restaurant has excellent ambience, is right on the water, not cheap but not overpriced, and the food's rather palatable too!

The better rooms are probably on the east side, away from highway 1 which is only forty yards from the west of the building. Rooms on the north and south would be our next choice.

Parking is good, disabled access and facilities are excellent, internet is free and strong and in room entertainment is more than adequate for holidaymakers.

Would we stay here again - without question.

Room Tip: Select an east facing room for the best sea breezes.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelpie_Noir
Orlando
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My boyfriend and I had a little getaway last week. We had heard about this place so thought we would try it. We booked into a river view room (605) and can't say enough about it. It's spacious and very clean with comfortable beds. The view was wonderful. We even saw dolphins when sitting out on the balcony. We ate dinner than breakfast at the restaurant and really enjoyed it. The service was fantastic. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Margate, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

OK, first let me say that I had reservations about giving my rating a 3, so let me explain. The grounds are fabulous, the service amazing, especially Jill at the front desk. Both the Island Bar and the regular bar were beautiful with great views, service, food, and atmosphere. Really a nice place, except...the room. Though the room was beautifully furnished with a lovely balcony overlooking the river (room 604) it smelled really musty and damp. I could hardly sleep because of it, probably having to do with my allergies, but even my wife felt a bit sick the next day. Other than that, a really nice experience!

Room Tip: Please be sure you go into the room before accepting it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobbyDesab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sebastian Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Vero Beach
Comfort Suites Vero Beach
#12 of 27 in Vero Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Been to Capt Hiram's Resort? Share your experiences!