“Loved this place - will come again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sebastian
Oyster Pointe & Oyster Bay Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sebastian
“Loved this place - will come again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived 12th July for a week from the UK had a ground floor 2 bed (9a) plenty of room for two of us with handy parking at the rear door. We arrived early and our room was not ready so this gave us chance to have a wander round and have a few drinks at Capt Hiram's. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming. Room had everything we needed and had a nice patio. We used the rental boats a couple of times but also wanted to do stuff at Kennedy and Daytona Speedway. We would love to come back again and spend more time in the boats. The inlet is stunning and this resort is a chilled place to stay. Thanks go to the guys on the jetty who helped with the boats and our thought go to Sonny who has worked the jetty for many years and is now being treated for cancer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripsmakemehappy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was skeptical when my friends suggested a Florida girls trip on a river. In my head, Florida means beaches and Disney. I readily admit my vision was shortsighted and I'm already planning a family vacation at this fun river resort!

The condo was very adequate and very clean: two bedrooms (one with a double bed and one with two twin beds), one bathroom, well supplied full kitchen with eat-in dining, and a coin laundry on the property. The pool was well kept and had plenty of chairs for sunning. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance and several outdoor bars overlooking the river with live entertainment in the evenings. The surrounding area felt very safe. We walked everywhere we went all week and never worried.

The best part is that for a reasonable fee you can rent a motorboat for the week. The men at the resort's dock are very kind and extremely helpful and encouraging (even gave a short introductory lesson for us female motorboat novices). You can take the boat out as many times as you like in search of wildlife (we saw dolphins but, sadly, no manatee) or to explore the many tiny islands nearby. We packed our beach chairs and a picnic lunch daily and enjoyed finding new island hangouts. Often island are connected by shallowly submerged sand bars so you can walk between two or thee and possibly encounter stingrays and tortoises! We totally enjoyed our little island adventures! Can't wait to bring the kids...I know they will really enjoy the mini-expeditions!

I cannot say enough about our wonderful experience! Definitely add the Indian River experience to your Disney vacation as a relaxing reprieve!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 221...no complaints here! Most of the units surround the pool area with a second...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TLB33
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

When we arrived I was a little concerned that this place was not all that I expected. But, I was pleasantly surprised that the Oyster point resort was slightly more than first meets the eye.

I too was here the week after the 4th of July. The place was not full to capacity. They provided a clean, well equipped 2 bedroom condo style apartment. The furnishings and such were not anything special, but they were adequate, clean and not in disrepair. The bathroom accommodated 4 adult and 1 child without difficulty. It too was clean and functional. The pool area was a bit worn and needed a little fixing up, but the lounge chairs and such were in good functional order. Lastly, from an economic standpoint, this resort has a benefit I have never seen before anywhere.... We rented a 15 foot boat for $75 FOR THE WEEK including the gas !!!!! We had such a good time on the river and in the inlet fishing, boating and swimming all for $75. I WILL be returning to the area for sure. It's not the Ritz, but worth the trip....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank L S
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My complaining won't be too bad, but I will say that I went here on the 4th of July and the week after, so it was crowded. I didn't swim, sit in the Jacuzzi, don't even know if there was a fitness center on the premises (don't think so) The officed was closed when we arrived, since it was a holiday and that is fine, but we had no clue what to do when we arrived. We were frustrated because it was raining and our room number was on a sign outside. We didn't know how we would get in the room, but we did find it and it was left unlocked. I'm glad that we were able to get out of the rain and there were no criminals hiding in there, but there could have been- so it was shocking that they did it that way and we were surprised that we had to figure it all out on our own. The room didn't have a washer and dryer, so I wanted to call the front desk the next day when they were there, to ask if I needed quarters for the washers that were on the premises but no one would ever answer despite how many times I called. I was only calling them because I tried housekeeping for 2 days straight with no answer. I never got an answer at all and never even bothered going to look for myself. Most questions and rules were included in a book that sat in the room with an envelope full of info. It didn't address every question I had and i'm happy to have found it to begin with.. Now, my husband loves to fish and he loved how they will rent a boat to you for the entire visit (first come, first serve) without extra fees. That was nice. He didn't catch anything except for salt water catfish- but, we used to live in the area so I know that isn't always the case around there. They had nice tennis courts across from the resort. (I don't play, but for those that do- they're there) A small beachy spot with rentals which I thought was nice, restaurants on that road in case you don't want to drive far. As far as the room. I liked it just fine. They didn't have a dishwasher and didn't have HBO- but the beds were comfortable and there was a big balcony area or patio for the downstairs rooms with chairs and a lounge chair. I would return here and would like to visit again probably around fall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duane52
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

love the location; across the street from capt hiram's and crabby bills seafood market walking distance to earls the tiki bar they let you rent little boats for the week to go explorer the river lagoon and the little islands; the property has a grill ever couple of steps people are really friendly its like a home away from home love it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Murphy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you are coming to Florida for the beaches, then this resort is not for you. It is about ten miles to the nearest beach. It is, right on the Indian River where there is much fishing. The resort rooms are clean and we got one with a remodeled kitchen. There is a nice pool and the grounds are well kept. There is one tennis court, one shuffleboard, rental boats and a small kid playground. Other than this, you are on your own for entertainment. The parking is limited and much to tight. We got our first dings on our 6 months old new car here. The walls/ ceilings are very thin and you can hear every movement from your neighbors upstairs. We stayed in a room under a family with small children and their constant running sounded like drums upstairs whenever they were in. The resort is near train tracks and US 1 highway. If you are a light sleeper, then the several trains and the occasional large truck will also wake you up during the night. The internet is worthless. My wife has an online business and I teach online classes, dial up would have been a godsend. We had to make my wife's smart phone a hot spot to get anything done. We had other family members here who wanted to play (corn hole). There is no place for this here and no boards. We had to go 3/4 of a mile down the street to a bar to enjoy this. The rooms have a queen bed and another with twins. There is also a pullout. The air seems to shut off during the night and you wake up hot.
Unless you come to fish and are out all day, find another resort.

Room Tip: Get on a top floor and as far from the road as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

First, you will notice that there is no "resort entrance." Just a regular sign. We had 216, upstairs, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Clean, comfortable. Flat screen TV's, which my husband cares about. Check in was wonderful, they had an envelope ready for us with everything we needed. THERE IS NO TIMESHARE SALES HASSLE HERE. I was concerned about ice due to prior review but our unit had an ice-maker that functioned well. Kitchen had decent cookware and utensils: blender, toaster, mixer, crock pot.
Unit has salt and pepper, 1 roll of flimsy paper towels, and they don't replace those, enough coffee filters for one for each day of your stay, dish-washing liquid, and plenty of toilet paper. No coffee, shampoo, etc. So bring those. Here are my main points:

Kudos to them for not charging for Wi-Fi. It burns me that some resorts are charging as you can get it free at Motel 6. They have clearly worked on this, I could see antennas. It needs more work. Let's face it, kids are going to stream videos, etc, and use a lot. It cut off and on. Very frustrating.

Pool is very nice and clean. Nice hot tub. Pool bathroom at Oyster Point has the ambiance of a 1950's gas station. Needs to be gutted. If you need shade by the pool, good luck. There is shade for 1-2 persons all day. Please, some umbrellas!

Unit looked nice. Laminate floor in living room, kitchen counters "looked" like granite. Furniture in good repair. Berber carpet in bedroom. Then "art work" that I probably got from a yard sale when I was in college, originally from the dollar store. Please, better bare walls....or hang a travel poster.

Good service, polite employees. We would love to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie-in-Florida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sebastian Hotel & Suites
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
#7 of 27 in Vero Beach
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Been to Oyster Pointe & Oyster Bay Resort? Share your experiences!