All reviewsfront deskyogurtthe breakfast areabest westernswaffle makerconvenient locationvery nice hotelchecking inhotel offerstwo bedroom suiteroom was cleanfree breakfastnice staythe general managerdrink vouchersdefinitely stay here againsitting area
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The room was nice and clean but the rest went downhill. We could not check in because the rooms were not clean. Check in time was 3:00 PM and it was almost 4 when we got a room. Notice in the room said towels were available at the pool. After we were good and wet we noted the towel bin was empty. All 4 of us were dripping wet and cold while walking down the slippery hall. We should have been forewarned when we called the front desk several times that morning to check on our reservation and no one answered until the 3rd call.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Horrible "service". They do not understand the meaning of Customer "Service". Even at check-out no one at front desk. When yelled for some service, no one appeared. Left key on desk. The lawn was uncut, weedy and full of fire ants. Not able to walk my show dog even though "dog friendly". My "Best" Western days are over.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our recent stay was a pleasant one. We encountered No Problems with our stay.
This hotel offers all the amenities one would want and is conveniently located to local attractions, restaurants and the water.

Our room on the second floor was very comfortable and clean. We had a spacious king bedroom.
Tub/ Shower combo. A full breakfast in the morning with waffles, 2 meats , eggs, fruit , yogurt, bagels, muffins and more . Very attentive staff.

Hotel Provides : WiFi Internet, Cable, Outside Pool, Vending, Workout room and Business center.

We paid : Saturday stay without reservationsiscount - $159.00

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a very nice hotel, it was near the railway line but it was no problem. The room was very nice, bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good, scrambled egg, bacon and sausage, cereal and fruit. The young lady on the front desk was very helpful and let us check in early. The pool was ok but rather noisy from the road noise. It was only a ten minute walk to the water front eateries.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am in total agreement with the January and February reviewers about this property.

Supposedly when we phoned them, they only had one room left. It was quoted as 169. a night.
We swung by and I showed them that the 2014 triple A rate showed rooms from 100-130 a night, so why the big difference? Assured that that quote included taxes, we took the room despite our skepticism. Upon checking out 12 hours later, it had risen to 180.75. I asked to speak to the manager about this. I spoke to Corey, who told me I should have not accepted that rate over the phone and I should have argued against it, which, of course I'd already done. I again pointed out the room rates quoted by Triple A. I also showed him our check-out receipt showing a 3.00+ bed tax entered three times for only two people. Bed tax? Checking the Internet later when we had settled in showed us what we suspected: it wasn't the only room available. He removed the $1.50 charge for an unused room safe but that was it.Big deal.

I stopped by the chamber of commerce before leaving town. None of the other FL hotel managers we dealt with in ensuing hotel stays had heard of this 'bed tax.' There were other negative reviews of this place but there were no other rooms in town that night. Beware.
The room was very nice but the deception and chicanery they practiced was despicable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple