My family recently stayed at Sportsman's lodge and based on other websites I would have NEVER have considered it. When I first called on our way to the area I had to leave a message but the owner shortly returned my call. They had 3 rooms available and I asked of she would hold one so that I could look at it, without hesitation she said it was no problem. When we arrived we were told that a riverview room had become available. I asked to see it and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice, clean 1 bedroom with a king bed and had a great view. We told him we would take it on the spot. We weren't sure if we were staying 1 or 2 nights and when we told Bruno (owner) he said no problem and I asked if there was any paperwork or if he needed our ID and he said no and I felt like I was back in a small town where everyone knows everyone and your word is your honor. I was needless to say shocked. Now your not getting the Waldorf-Astoria but for a small town with EXTREMELY limited options this is the place to go. I am a woman who is very picky about where she stays and I would AND WILL return to the Sportsman's Lodge (a name change would do a world of good) but don't judge by name or their website trust me you won't find better or nicer people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sportsmans Lodge is family owned and operated located on the shore of the Indian River Lagoon. Whether a short trip or a family vacation, the Sportsmans Lodge has a room to fit your every need. With on site laundry, BBQ pavilion, fishing pier and the only waterfront pool in the area why would you stay anywhere else? Come enjoy a clean and comfortable stay at the Sportsmans Lodge. Easy to find, hard to leave... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sportsman`s Hotel Sebastian
- Sportsmans Hotel Sebastian
- Sportsman's Lodge Sebastian, Florida