“Beautiful getaway!”
Review of Sportsman's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sebastian
Sportsman's Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Sebastian
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Beautiful getaway!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our first visit to Sebastian and we stayed at the Sportsman’s Lodge. We were there for a long weekend and didn’t want to leave. The lodge is located on the intercoastal, has a dock for your boat, a nice swimming pool, and a pavilion with a large screen TV. The room was spacious with a full kitchen, eating area, pullout couch, bathroom, and a separate bedroom. The accommodations are perfect for two couples or a small family.

Room Tip: Great location for fishing or just relaxing. Short boat ride to the sandbars and inlet. Some rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Teresa315

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for a week and still it was not long enough. The owners, Janet and Bruno are extremely pleasant, accommodating, and hardworking: constantly making sure that the place was immaculate and that all were enjoying their Sebastian stay. The surroundings are so quiet and peaceful that it made me sad to leave. We had brought our boat and the newly renovated dock made it easy to take our boat out more than once at day. The pool, the river, the ocean, the fishing and weather was perfect, the view and the quaint peacefulness makes this place …Absolutely Heaven on Earth!!! – We come to Sebastian often (from just 40 south of Sebastian) - and it is always last minute… I will now plan ahead to be able to stay here…this is the best, cleanest, friendliest place...walk or bike ride to everything you would want to do! The prettiest spot on the Indian River.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jill S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2014

From the booking till we left everything was smooth . We arrived before 4th of July,we saw the parade and how a small town celebrate.
The location is perfect,on the Indian River and not far from the ocean.And there is a plus because the place is pet friendly.( from small to big all were happy)
"Janet thank you for make our vacation wonderful and make us feel at home"
If you want a quiet ,no worry vacation this is the place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle R
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After reading the last review i felt compelled to write a positive truthful one. We have been coming to this lodge for many many years also and have NEVER had an issue of any kind. In fact we stay no less than 3 times a year. We are always welcomed and any additional needs are met immediately. Rooms are always very clean as is the entire lodge. You will not find a better place to stay in Sebastin. We always get a 1 bedroom apt but have had friends that stayed in efficency & studio all of which were equally satisfiying. they have the most relaxing pool and cook house. you will be amazed. If you do not have a good time here it is all on you!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Tamura J
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently spent a week at the Sportsman’s Lodge as we have done every year for the last 15 or 20 years. Bruno, the male owner is possibly one of the nicest people I know. He is always very pleasant to talk to and will go out of his way to make your stay an enjoyable one. The female owner (Bruno's wife), on the other hand has got to be the nastiest, rudest person. She definitely has no business in the hospitality business. I am speaking of Janice, Bruno's wife. During my one week stay, I heard her on countless occasions "scream" at guest because their dog was barking and others were complaining. This place is advertised as a "pet friendly" lodge. However, if your dog so happens to bark you will find out very quickly that they are not so pet friendly. Notice that I mentioned earlier that my family has been supporting this place for over 15 years. The owners know us on a personal level. As it worked out, with all of the goings on during my stay I never did get to hook up with "Janice" to settle my bill. I did see her several times throughout the week and she kept telling me not to worry about it, we could settle up later. Being that I live over 1000 miles away from the lodge we decided to get up early on Sunday morning (4:30am) and leave. I wrote my credit card number down and stuck it to the office door so that the bill for the stay could be settled. Janice obviously did not find the paper and she went crazy. Now, I am 48 years old and I will not be talked to like a child. She threatened to "Tell my father" that I skipped out on the bill. She then threatened to turn this over to the law and have me "prosecuted". I would like to say, that I also left my number on the voice mail telling her to call me if there was a problem, to which she did not do but rather got my entire family involved insinuating that I would not pay the bill. I called and she was VERY VERY rude and hung up on me and then when I called back she would not answer the phone. Finally, her poor husband called me and I simply gave him my card number again and paid the bill in full. (At this time I advised that I would not be placing a positive rating on their website, and he told me he understood).

I am well aware that there is two sides to every story and I can guarantee that she has a different version. However, if you could have heard all the people that were saying that they will never come here again; I think you will see that there is truly a problem. If you want to stay somewhere that you can enjoy your stay, I would highly advise against Sportsman’s Lodge. After all of these years, I think my family and I have had about enough of this quack. We will never stay here again and I will never recommend this place to anyone.

All I can say is "STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK"!

MT Gordon, Waynesboro, VA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
18 Thank toddg123
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Another relaxing weekend. Even when the weather doesn't cooperate this place is still great. Clean, safe, accommodating. If you can't get out on the water there's always biking or walking. Beautiful area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teri-Lee W
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Very neat , clean , and comfortable. Very quiet and a beautiful view of the water. Janet and Bruno and their staff are wonderful. I felt right at home. I will definitely go back. One of my Sebastian friends may even staycation there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
Best Western Plus Sebastian Hotel & Suites
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
#13 of 27 in Vero Beach
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Vero Beach
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Been to Sportsman's Lodge? Share your experiences!