“Roadside Attraction and Store you have to stop at”

Lost Mines of Atlantis
Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Sebring
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We actually turned around to see what this place was. The guy who runs the store is super nice and very helpful. We ended up making a nice size purchase because his items were so unique. If you are into new age religion then this is the place to stop. Everything from incense, candles, spells, herbs, gems, etc; Very pleased and we will be back. The shopping is free but I think the lost mine part has a fee to it

3  Thank Cemeterror
There are newer reviews for Lost Mines of Atlantis

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I spent a few hour mining for gems. I found all kinds of beautiful gems stones. My favorite is a ruby which I plan to make into a necklace. After I finished my mining adventure, I went into the shop. I found exceptionally, unique items in there. It was definitely worth the trip.

9  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My boyfriend an I had a really great time. Absolutely recommend this place for everyone at any age level.

1  Thank Brittlg06
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Everything in the store is overpriced, as is the norm with this type of establishment. "Mining" for overpriced gems is about 15 mins of fun in the extreme Florida sun. If your looking for something entirely random on this stretch of empty back woods road it's worth a stop to move your legs and look at.

5  Thank Sirenia13
r0ckhound, Owner at Lost Mines of Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Largest selection of the Highest Qulity Gemstone to be found anywere in the World ! Over 120 verities of Precious and Simi Precious Gemstones can be found and "yes" you'll find a handful of real Rubies and Emerials in the precious stone buckets.
This is not for the unentused, if you love Gemstones and have the time to take this seriously then you've come to the right spot!
Have a Gem of a Day !

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Actually, although this looks like a little roadside shack, it is actually quite an AMAZING place! The Mines is a little "add-on" to the main shop; which is a mix of Wiccan, spiritual, artsy, craftsy, one of a kind stuff! The mine is good to occupy the kids while you shop :-) You get to buy a bucket of sand which is filled with precious and semi-precious raw gems! You pretend to "Pan for Jewles" in the miners stream. We have even found rubies and emeralds!

5  Thank PSimmons1