La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$87
US$152
US$129
Residence Inn
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswafflestwo room suitehot tubbreakfast areaexcellent choicebusiness centerdefinitely stay here againwi firefrigerator and microwavelate checkstaff was friendlynice pool areafresh fruitcomfortable bedconvenient locationgreat place to stayrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

First time staying here, loved all the race themed artwork. Great old race posters in the lobby and cool, vintage racecar pictures in our room. Only 10 minutes from the track. Big pool, jacuzzi and large space for breakfast. We will be back, unless they jack thier prices for bigger race weekends!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I were participating in the Tour of Sebring cycling event. This event is hosted from the Kenilworth Lodge, but it was completely booked for the weekend. So we chose the La Quinta, because of: 1) Its close proximity, 2) recommended by the event sponsors, and 3) good rating on TripAdvisor. This turned out to be a good pick!

Our first impression was very good. The hotel was clean and appears to be newly remodeled. The staff were quite friendly upon check-in, the room smelled clean and fresh, and everything seemed in order. Good start!

(Later, when we saw the Kenilworth Lodge, we were VERY happy we chose La Quinta. The other location is very, very, old, and well, it looks it. But anyway…)

We also ate from the complimentary breakfast both mornings, and each time it was well-stocked and attended to by friendly staff. And they have make-your-own waffles, which is always a winner for me.

Here’s the only thing that kept me from giving them a 5-star rating. When we checked out the room, we noticed there was only one washcloth, and no hand towels. Probably an oversight… so was asked at the front desk. They gave us three more washcloths, but said we would have to get hand towels from the housekeeper. Not a big deal... However, the next day, the housekeeper took all the washcloths and left us with only one again, and still no hand towels! Very strange!

This is a pet-friendly hotel. I enjoyed seeing the dogs there. But note that if there are inconsiderate owners, you could be in for a long night.

Bottom line: If I spend time in Sebring again, I will choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side face the main highway; rooms facing the back look at woods and are quiet and private.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dvd77
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked and paid for a two-room-suite. When I arrived, I was told that my room had been given to someone else and I was going to be downgraded but charged the same price. Ridiculously poor management. I had requested and paid for a two-room-suite because I was traveling with someone who has medical issues and is up during the night. With 2 rooms, he can deal with his medical issues privately in one room and I can sleep in the other. I did not hear from the manager until AFTER I filed a complaint to LaQunita Corporate about the manager giving my reserved suite to someone else. His poor response was to leave me a voicemail that sounded like this, "I have decided to refund HALF of your reward points." He didn't refund my payment. He refunded HALF of my reward points? Ridiculous! He actually emphasized the word "half" as if I was lucky to get anything. I filed another complaint. It is THIS simple, I reserved and paid for a suite, the manager made the choice to give it to someone else and then refused to apologize or offer a valid remedy. Would I ever stay here again? Absolutely not! would I ever recommend anyone else stay here? Absolutely not!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank StevenSkelley
LQ6312, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Mr. Skelley,

I am very sorry about this situation. I would like to clarify, though, that I arranged to have points refunded to you before I knew you complained to LQ. In addition, our 2 Room Suite is only one bedroom - the other room is the living room - so unless somebody slept on the couch then you would still have had the issue of your companion waking you up at night.

Yes, I was the one that made the decision to downgrade you, but that was not because I "gave the suite to another customer." A guest who was already in the hotel needed to extend their stay for emergency (thus, unexpected) medical reasons. Unfortunately, all of our other suites were already occupied, so my only option was to downgrade you. I knew you were expecting a suite, which is why I instructed my front desk team to offer you points in exchange for the downgrade.

As to returning only half of the points, it was LQReturns that made the decision to return that amount, not me. They did this because the Suite you had booked and the Executive King I had downgraded you to were the same point value so they initially didn't want to return anything. As I said in my voicemail, "if there is anything else I can do for you then please call or email me." My hands were tied unless you specifically asked for all of your points to be returned. Now that you have said as much I will make sure the remaining 50% points are returned, plus I will be adding an additional 50% of that total amount on top of that as an apology for the misunderstanding. I cannot refund the amount that was charged to your credit card because you didn't pay for the room. You "bought points" to make up the difference between how many points you had and how many points it takes to get a free night at this property.

As always, please feel free to email or call me directly at any time for any reason.

Jonathan Lambright