“AWESOME WEDDING WEEKEND”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Sebring, Florida
“AWESOME WEDDING WEEKEND”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We had a formal intimate rehearsal dinner, a relaxed, pre-wedding party by the pool, and had our guests staying at the facilities and we couldn't have been more pleased with each and every detail. The staff was so helpful, polite and accommodating!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I travel a great deal for work and have stayed at this property many times as it is centrally located between Tampa & Ft. Pierce. The rooms are nice and roomy. You get what you pay for (in a good way!!) The restaurant on site is fabulous and the pool area is sooooo beautiful. Helpful staff made sure I got my wake-up call and the free breakfast is great for people on the go.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank CaseyKeys
Frostproof
Reviewed 7 June 2011

8 months of planning with this hotel and they acted like they never knew us! Took our money, had many meetings and a lot of phone calls to make sure everything was going smoothly. The day of the rehersal dinner the bridal party went to check into our rooms which were reserved 8 months in advance, They informed us they did not have our rooms nor the honeymoon suite! All they could say was we will do our best to find rooms for your wedding!I thought someone was playing a joke on us!! !BUT THIS WAS FOR REAL!!! The owners who live in the penthouse chose to look the other way and do NOTHING! They put the groom in a smelly old room with no WATER and believe it or not they charged us! The reason we planned the wedding here is because the outside is beautiful! This was one of the worst experiences I have ever been through! I do not want to see any couple go through what we did! Just dont pay up front, THAT"S ALL THAT MATTER"S TO THESE PEOPLE! Can you say small claims court........................

Room Tip: ask if they have water
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mygoatbosco
IOTLGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at Inn On The Lakes, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I am disappointed your event was not all that it should have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for the problems you incurred. Corrective steps have been taken to assure that this will not happen to another guest. We strive to make each event a success and regret that we let you down.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My friends and I travel quit a bit and like to meet in middle of the state for "Girls Weekend", what a delight to find this gem of a hotel in Sebring. The rooms are very clean and quiet. They found some really cool things for us to do in the area, kayaking on the big lake across the street and the artist's village downtown was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
We had a great time in the lounge with a group of golfers from out of state (Thanks Bill!) and the food in the restaurant Chicane's was delicious.
Finished it off with a relaxing day by the pool - kuddos to their greens keeper. What a beautiful area.
We will be back for sure!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Junebug5683
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Were do I start? How about the good things, but this won't take long. They cooked my eggs medium over and the lady (who could barely speak English) that cleaned up the huge mess by the pool was very caring. That's about it.

Probably the biggest complaint is the "whatever" attitude from the owner on down to the people who are supposed to care. I made the reservation online about 2 months ago and then called to ask about paddle boats and other fun things around Sebring. The answer was basically, there's nothing to do here. I thought that's ok, I'll find the fun things. That should've been a warning about their attitude. A week before our arrival, they called to confirm that we were coming. A nice touch I thought and had a very nice conversation. Then came check in. A huge teenage girls Allstar baseball tournament was in town. Oh well, it'll be a nuisance, but they should be half way well behaved because they were all traveling teams. Wrong, some of the most entitled sulf indulgent little brats I've ever seen in my life. From continual loud shouting and yelling everywhere in the hotel to pizza parties in the hallway to total disrespect for anyone including their enabling parents. No apologies to from the staff, no corrections from the staff, nothing except I hope they don't burn the hotel down. I raised two daughters and went thru the soccer, etc. I would never in a million years let my children act they way these spoiled brats did. I fear what kind of adults they are going to make.

There was also a wedding and the pool was going to be closed from 5:30 to 7:30. Ok, after a hot day of touristing we hustled to get to the pool by 5:00. No, the owner felt they had to close the pool area early. There was about a dozen people there. The baseball hoard was at an awards dinner or something and it was normal operations. Nonetheless, screw the guests, if we close the pool area we won't have to put up with it. No apologies, no concerns, etc. OK, fine, maybe they're going to decorate. Nope. They only thing they did was take about 5 mintues to straighten up the area and then set up a little bar in the corner that didn't affect anybody. I watched the area until about 6:00. Nope no activity no nothing. It was just a total lack of caring for guests. I don't know why, but it just seems like this place while doing the mandatory items just really doesn't have that welcoming feeling. While the facilities are true rustic with alot of money pored in, it just feels like they are cutting the easy corners due to lack of caring. A few alternatives this style of hotel is Clewiston Inn or Seminole Inn in Indiantown. True rustic and true caring from the owner down to the staff. I brings a tear to my eye to see this probablhy once grand ole lady brought down to the level of a Shakee's Pizza Parlor or Chucky Cheeses. Stay if you want, just don't look for that caring feeling beyond the minimum. I could go on and on with the little things, but what's the use. Caveat Empteor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OneTankTripFolks
IOTLGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at Inn On The Lakes, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
We apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you experienced at our hotel and we take all comments made by our guests seriously. While it is unfortunate that the behavior of a few other guests disrupted your evening, we have inspected the issues in the areas you mentioned and are taking steps to remedy them.
We invite you back to enjoy our hotel and the many activities Sebring and Highlands County have to offer - Paddle Boarding & Kayaks on Lake Jackson, The Artist’s Village Downtown, Highlands Hammock, Children’s Activity Museum, Henscratch Farms & Winery, Expos at the Convention Center, Sebring International Raceway or Golfing at one of 13 local Championship Courses
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I was charmed when I first saw the hotel. It is lovely, has an old world charm and amazing landscaping. So all started quite well.
We arrived on Friday night, went to our room and started unpacking. Then, I noticed that there was quite a bit of water on the floor in the bathroom. We called the front desk. The maid and the manager came to inspect. They asked us if we wanted to change room or see what would happen after they mopped the floor. We chose to stay in. No water overnight. The next morning, when the people upstairs started to use their shower, water came pouring down from the vent/light fixture combo. That's where the water was from! OK...no one can predict that. We changed room on Saturday afternoon.

The second room we were given smelled like an cold ashtray. We went back to the front desk and told them no way we could stay in there. We were given a gift card to their restaurant for the trouble and a third room. That one was very nice so...in we went. We had a good night, left early Sunday morning and when we came back Sunday afternoon, there was a note on our door. We opened the said door and SURPRISE!!!! Everything in the room was gone. Including all of our stuff! The note said to come to the front desk to get our new room assignment. Apparently the room had been promised to someone else and they had forgotten about it.
Everything we had left in the room; purse, laptop, clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. had been taken and moved to another room. The 4th one in 3 days! eerie detail: all the stuff had been placed in the exact same position. They probably took a picture of the vanity and replaced all my toiletries like I had placed them myself....Creepy!!

I have a really big problem with that! Don't touch my stuff without my permission! Call me, wait for me to come back, I don't care but Don't touch my stuff!
When we went to the front desk I was expecting a manager to present some form of apology but...NOTHING! Not a word. Needless to say I was fuming.

I was so enchanted with the hotel but because of that particular incident, I would not recommended it to anyone.
In my opinion, moving people's belonging without their consent or even knowledge is quite unacceptable.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank YzzyD
Lake Placid, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I am a travel therapist and was travelling to sebring for an assignment from Louisiana. I had been travelling for two days when I arrived at Inn on the Lakes. I had two nights reservation and when I got there, I was told my room had been upgraded to a suite for booking online at no extra charge. That was the first plus. Second I was given a card for a free breakfast in their awesome restaurant for both mornings. Second plus! I was exhausted and so I went downstairs to sit near the pool and gaze out over the lake. OH MY!! How wonderful and stressrelieving that was! Beautiful view. Soft music was playing and what can I say? I thought I was on an island far far away. :) Third plus! Free Wifi. 4th plus. .There were other things I regretfully did not get to experience as I was starting a new job and not there on leisure! But I plan to return soon just for me! :) The only complaint I have is that I wish I had been able to stay longer! Definitely a place you must experience!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank April71291
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Sebring
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Inn On The Lakes? Share your experiences!