“Absolute gem of a hotel in Sebring FL!”

Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Georgia
“Absolute gem of a hotel in Sebring FL!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Chateau Elan is an old-fashioned, European style hotel next to the racetrack in Sebring, FL. It's a truly lovely property -- you can tell it's old, but it's been kept up to date. It has a restaurant with a bar and room service. The pool has a great patio around it. The staff was absolutely wonderful and accommodating. My only complaints: There was no free breakfast -- they did have a really excellent breakfast buffet in the morning that wasn't too expensive, though. There also wasn't a microwave in the room. Neither of those are big deals to me and I probably would have realized it in advance if I had booked the room for myself. (A family member booked it for me.)
If you are into racing, some of the hotel rooms have balconies that overlook the track, and the pool and patio also overlook the track.
Very reasonably priced.
This hotel was so wonderful I would consider going back to stay there for a vacation, like a resort!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was very nice. They do have balcony rooms available, but we stayed in a regula...
Green Features: They offer the option to hang your towels / have your beds made but the sheets not changed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A friend and I spent one night at the Chateau Elan. We had a triathlon in Sebring the next morning. We were on the third floor and faced the parking lot and racetrack. Our beds were wonderful! Very comfortable with a choice of six pillows. My favorite pillows (2) of down were part of the lovely group and so I put my own down pillow back in my car. The sheets were very comfy, the bed comforter was lovely, and all was wonderful for a great night's sleep. We turned out the light at 9:00PM and awoke at 4:00AM to get to our race well rested and ready to go! The room had a fridge and coffee machine for our use with tea and coffee available. They allowed us to have a late checkout so we were able to return and have a lovely shower before driving home. It was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor so that you are away from the open ceiling to the 2nd floor from the restaurant...
Green Features: Did not notice anything except that the HVAC was thermostat controlled and very quiet. We did not hear a thing. the fridge was also quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and the rest of the crew had an awesome experience in the hotel. We stayed here for a couple of days and turned our expectations in Sebring wrong. At first we thought that there is nothing to do in Sebring but plainly work on cars. Chateau Elan proved that wrong. Our stay turned out to be so nice and comfortable. Indra, the front desk manager remembers everyone!. and Kristina at the bar is awesome!!! She's lovely, funny and very smart. She deserves a raise on her marketing strategy. The staffs treat us as family. I can recommend this hotel and I am looking forward to come back here on our next event.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
reinhardhaubner, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for giving your opinion on Tripadvisor. Your comment is very valuable to us. Customer service is my number one priority, as you know.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Indra Hurst
Front Office Manager
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I go to Sebring multiple times a year and the Chateau is my favorite place to stay. It's right on the grounds of the track, so it's roll out of bed & you're there. Rooms are always clean, staff very helpful as well as friendly, and Indra (front desk manager) remembers everyone's name. Restaurant isn't gourmet, but it is better than average. Last,but not least, no dodging local cops on the drive in from town & an extra 20 minutes of sleep.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
reinhardhaubner, Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center Sebring Fl and your kind words regarding our staff, restaurant and location.

We all are looking forward to your next visit

James McCoy
Food & Beverage Director
Reviewed 30 May 2014

James McCoy is the new Food & Beverage Manager at Chateau Elan's Esperante Restaurant & Hairpin Lounge. Unbeknownst to us his first day on the job was the day we arrived for our sons Aviation Aerobatics Competition. He along with a young lady named Tracy were very accommodating, to the point they had the chef come talk to me about a special dish I wanted them to custom make! I Would highly recommend going to the restaurant even if your a local to the area!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank SusieRae G
Dear SusieRae1,

Thank you for your stay at Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center Sebring FL and your recognition of our staff service. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to welcoming you back.

James McCoy
Food & Beverage Director
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Booked this hotel as I was going to see a friend in Sebring, Pleasently surprised there was a race track right outside my window. Instead of meeting my friend in Sebring he came to visit me there and we didn´t leave the Hotel at all, saw cars outside racing all day and had drinks all night thanks to Chris at the bar. Room service was great as well. I did have a package arrive at the hotel while I was there, that was not a problem and they rang me up when it arrived.

Excellent experience

Room Tip: Get one towards the track.
Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mr. James R,

We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and are looking forward to your return in the future.

Dorothy Demuth
F&B Supervisor
Chiang Mai
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were not there when any races were taking place so it was pretty quiet. We had a room that overlooked the raceway. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The lounge was a nice place to get a drink and we thought Christina was very enthusiastic so we ate dinner there. The pork shank was very good as was the risotto. The wireless Internet access was a bit slow and at times not useable, but we didn't have anything urgent that we had to access so it was okay with us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest ,

Thank you so very much for your feedback, Im so glad you enjoyed Our Signature DIsh!! Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely ,
Jozi Korotkov
Chef De Cuisine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
#4 of 11 in Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!