“Nice but missed being good.”

Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a nice resort outside of Sebring. The rooms were comfortable and clean. They have a bar and restaurant in house but did not seem to be open during the day and the breakfast was quite expensive for what it looked like you got. The only real issue we had was a large hornets nest on our balcony and when we told the front desk all the did was look for some spray to give us but could not find it. Because of that we did not use the balcony which we would have liked to watch the races. Over all it was a good value and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I spent two nights at Chateau Elan while racing with 24 Hours of LeMons. I've stayed in a lot of track-side hotels and this is by far the best. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable and many have a great view of the racetrack. The restaurant is high quality and the bar, managed expertly by Kristina and Key Key, is top notch. If you're going to SIR you would be crazy to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a clear view of the track. It is absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Chateau Elan is an old-fashioned, European style hotel next to the racetrack in Sebring, FL. It's a truly lovely property -- you can tell it's old, but it's been kept up to date. It has a restaurant with a bar and room service. The pool has a great patio around it. The staff was absolutely wonderful and accommodating. My only complaints: There was no free breakfast -- they did have a really excellent breakfast buffet in the morning that wasn't too expensive, though. There also wasn't a microwave in the room. Neither of those are big deals to me and I probably would have realized it in advance if I had booked the room for myself. (A family member booked it for me.)
If you are into racing, some of the hotel rooms have balconies that overlook the track, and the pool and patio also overlook the track.
Very reasonably priced.
This hotel was so wonderful I would consider going back to stay there for a vacation, like a resort!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was very nice. They do have balcony rooms available, but we stayed in a regula...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A friend and I spent one night at the Chateau Elan. We had a triathlon in Sebring the next morning. We were on the third floor and faced the parking lot and racetrack. Our beds were wonderful! Very comfortable with a choice of six pillows. My favorite pillows (2) of down were part of the lovely group and so I put my own down pillow back in my car. The sheets were very comfy, the bed comforter was lovely, and all was wonderful for a great night's sleep. We turned out the light at 9:00PM and awoke at 4:00AM to get to our race well rested and ready to go! The room had a fridge and coffee machine for our use with tea and coffee available. They allowed us to have a late checkout so we were able to return and have a lovely shower before driving home. It was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor so that you are away from the open ceiling to the 2nd floor from the restaurant...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and the rest of the crew had an awesome experience in the hotel. We stayed here for a couple of days and turned our expectations in Sebring wrong. At first we thought that there is nothing to do in Sebring but plainly work on cars. Chateau Elan proved that wrong. Our stay turned out to be so nice and comfortable. Indra, the front desk manager remembers everyone!. and Kristina at the bar is awesome!!! She's lovely, funny and very smart. She deserves a raise on her marketing strategy. The staffs treat us as family. I can recommend this hotel and I am looking forward to come back here on our next event.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
reinhardhaubner, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for giving your opinion on Tripadvisor. Your comment is very valuable to us. Customer service is my number one priority, as you know.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Indra Hurst
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I go to Sebring multiple times a year and the Chateau is my favorite place to stay. It's right on the grounds of the track, so it's roll out of bed & you're there. Rooms are always clean, staff very helpful as well as friendly, and Indra (front desk manager) remembers everyone's name. Restaurant isn't gourmet, but it is better than average. Last,but not least, no dodging local cops on the drive in from town & an extra 20 minutes of sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
reinhardhaubner, Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center Sebring Fl and your kind words regarding our staff, restaurant and location.

We all are looking forward to your next visit

James McCoy
Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 30 May 2014

James McCoy is the new Food & Beverage Manager at Chateau Elan's Esperante Restaurant & Hairpin Lounge. Unbeknownst to us his first day on the job was the day we arrived for our sons Aviation Aerobatics Competition. He along with a young lady named Tracy were very accommodating, to the point they had the chef come talk to me about a special dish I wanted them to custom make! I Would highly recommend going to the restaurant even if your a local to the area!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SusieRae G

Dear SusieRae1,

Thank you for your stay at Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center Sebring FL and your recognition of our staff service. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to welcoming you back.

James McCoy
Food & Beverage Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!