“Get a room if you can!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
scubadiver3000
“Get a room if you can!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are coming to drive or watch a race at the Sebring Raceway then you should stay here! It is a hefty drive back and forth to the town of Sebring from the track and while friends stayed at another hotel it was so easy to go from the room to the track and drive! The buffet in the morning is okay but the cheese burger may have been the best I have ever had- anywhere in the world!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank scubadiver3000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort. We booked two days and had such a nice time we extended our stay for another night. It was quiet and clean and all of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had several meals in the restaurant and they were each delicious. The location was convenient for our sightseeing and day trips and the staff was knowledgeable about the area. We plan to stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank robin w
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I didn't actually get to stay at the hotel. I booked a two night stay and then, fifteen days prior to the scheduled stay, I cancelled the hotel, retaining the cancellation email that was sent to me. Nonetheless, I noticed a charge on my account for $75 from the Chateau Elan. I called to inquire and the employee informed me that the cancellation was on the books, however, for "some reason" it wasn't noticed on the computer or, perhaps, the system didn't communicate the information properly. (What?!). She further stated that the evening staff person automatically checks everyone in at the end of the night and that no one checks to see if there was a cancellation. She agreed to reverse the charge and told me that I would need to wait 7 business days for the charge to lift, or alternatively, I could call my bank and dispute. Incredibly, the staff member did not seem to think it was a big deal that I was charged for a stay that I had cancelled thirteen days before the 48 hour penalty day. I asked to try to explain how such a thing could happen and she had no explanation. I asked her, what if anything, could be done to prevent such occurrence in the future and again, she had no information

Neither user nor computer error is acceptable. If a hotel does not have a reliable record-keeping system, I cannot imagine how it can adequately function in this day and age. It raises all kinds of concerns to me, none of which I will ever experience, because this property will not have my business.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelGal10
Lake Worth, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a nice resort outside of Sebring. The rooms were comfortable and clean. They have a bar and restaurant in house but did not seem to be open during the day and the breakfast was quite expensive for what it looked like you got. The only real issue we had was a large hornets nest on our balcony and when we told the front desk all the did was look for some spray to give us but could not find it. Because of that we did not use the balcony which we would have liked to watch the races. Over all it was a good value and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I spent two nights at Chateau Elan while racing with 24 Hours of LeMons. I've stayed in a lot of track-side hotels and this is by far the best. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable and many have a great view of the racetrack. The restaurant is high quality and the bar, managed expertly by Kristina and Key Key, is top notch. If you're going to SIR you would be crazy to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a clear view of the track. It is absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christopher A
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Chateau Elan is an old-fashioned, European style hotel next to the racetrack in Sebring, FL. It's a truly lovely property -- you can tell it's old, but it's been kept up to date. It has a restaurant with a bar and room service. The pool has a great patio around it. The staff was absolutely wonderful and accommodating. My only complaints: There was no free breakfast -- they did have a really excellent breakfast buffet in the morning that wasn't too expensive, though. There also wasn't a microwave in the room. Neither of those are big deals to me and I probably would have realized it in advance if I had booked the room for myself. (A family member booked it for me.)
If you are into racing, some of the hotel rooms have balconies that overlook the track, and the pool and patio also overlook the track.
Very reasonably priced.
This hotel was so wonderful I would consider going back to stay there for a vacation, like a resort!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was very nice. They do have balcony rooms available, but we stayed in a regula...
Green Features: They offer the option to hang your towels / have your beds made but the sheets not changed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

A friend and I spent one night at the Chateau Elan. We had a triathlon in Sebring the next morning. We were on the third floor and faced the parking lot and racetrack. Our beds were wonderful! Very comfortable with a choice of six pillows. My favorite pillows (2) of down were part of the lovely group and so I put my own down pillow back in my car. The sheets were very comfy, the bed comforter was lovely, and all was wonderful for a great night's sleep. We turned out the light at 9:00PM and awoke at 4:00AM to get to our race well rested and ready to go! The room had a fridge and coffee machine for our use with tea and coffee available. They allowed us to have a late checkout so we were able to return and have a lovely shower before driving home. It was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor so that you are away from the open ceiling to the 2nd floor from the restaurant...
Green Features: Did not notice anything except that the HVAC was thermostat controlled and very quiet. We did not hear a thing. the fridge was also quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!