“Enjoyable & Easy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Enjoyable & Easy”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

If Indra is there when I ck in. She is always very helpful and knows my name. She has a smile on her face. Indra is one of the reasons I like staying at the Cheateau Elan Sebring.

I come here 5-7 times per year, she is one of the reasons I will keep coming back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MonteZ06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Just completed the Florida Crime Prevention Association Southern States Conference at this hotel and conference center. Excellent service. General manager Reinhart Haubner and Group Sales Coordinator Molly Stewart were just wonderful to work with. I've been planning this event for about the past 10 months and everything went off just as anticipated. This is a great spot for your next convention, or even for just a weekend get away!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nfhhetty
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I took a group of 43 people to have lunch at their fine restaurant. I had made reservations previously with Shawn Telesky, a manager. When we arrived with the group everything was ready including extra staff. Shawn came to me to make sure everything was okay. The food was excellent and the service outstanding.
Besides the food and service, the ambiance and cleanliness of the hotel is excellent. This is our 2nd event there and we will definitely do it again.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Mel34118
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 June 2010

It's in a very quiet area, although overlooking the Sebring Int'l Racetrack. This is one of the prettiest hotels I've seen in a long time. The place was spotless, the bed was very comfortable, and everyone I encountered there was very friendly and helpful. A real gem. The hotel has a spa that I didn't have time to use, and a pool. The bar is gorgeous, and the race car in the lobby was unforgetable! Great place!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FriendlyLou
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Went there for the race in March, the food was great, first class in Sebring and you can't get any closer to the track without a trailer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Ireman21
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2010

This review is not about the hotel itself but the spa that the hotel so proudly advertises. But after speaking to the GM and how he represented the establishment, I'm not sure if I will spend a dime here.

Just finished speaking to the Reinhart (not sure if this is an accurate spelling of his name) GM of Sebring Chateau Elan and with every point I made I will list below, he made an excuse. No apology. I told him that I called not to argue with him, but simply make him aware of my spa experience. He kept arguing anyway.

1. At entrance of the SPA, there was a strong and distinct musty/wet-sock-like smell. They didn't even light any candles to cover the scent.

2. The masseuse talked the entire 70 minutes. Mind you it was supposed to be a 90-minute massage that we agree upon reservations. The GM insisted that they only have a 55-minute and an 80-minute massage. He also then asked me why I didn't ask the masseuse to talk not to me.

3. The worst part of this was when I used the restroom after my massage, there was a ring around the toilet and urine spray all over the seat. The seat lining dispenser was empty. I had to open my own toilet paper and clean the toilet seat myself. The GM explained to me that they clean the spa daily and that it was unfortunate for me to follow someone that didn't clean after themselves in the bathroom. I understand his latter point, but rings around the toilet, at least in my bathroom happen slowly overtime. Maybe, they have overstimulated mold growing in theirs.

BTW, I had an 8:45 am appointment. Maybe the cleaners clean at 9 am?

It took me a almost a full year to use my Christmas 2008 gift certificate from my hubby, and what a let down!!! At the end, I left feeling disgusted and ripped off.

For those of you who are visiting Sebring area and need spa services, I recommend "Back In Touch." What a difference in services and ambience.

P.S. I rate the massage (I had a deep tissue combined with hot stone) a 3 out of 5. Not bad in my book.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
reinhardSEF, Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2010
My name is Reinhard I am the manager responsible for the Four Points Sebring
and as you can see I have never replied to any of the message great or not
so favorable, because they all are honest reviews. However some of
“AlohaHana’s” comments
are much embellished even untrue. I am not saying we are perfect and
we certainly have items that need correcting and we are working on them.

“AlohaHana” called me over 35 day’s after she visited the spa to complain
which
is rather unusual it’s like going to a restaurant and calling back a month
later to complain that the steak was not cooked the way you wanted it and
now I want a free steak! I have never received a call before to tell me:

“I am about to post a review on trip advisor” …..……!

If she is planning to bash the spa online why call me to tell me she's about
to do that?????

If you plan on staying with us or getting a spa treatment and have concerns, just
call me personally I will make sure that you are taken care off!
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The room was ok, just a little dirty but not bad at all. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I actually ran into the cleaning lady as well and she was very nice. I am used to some that don't even speak to you. The The food was good and the bar staff was great. I would stay there agin.

• Liked — The entire staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
#4 of 11 in Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!