“Real cool place but hold the garlic butter”

Cowpoke's Watering Hole
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We're new, semi snowbirds to the area. My wife and I were there three times in September. Twice to just chill at the outdoor lounge area with the locals. Everyone was very friendly, the ice cold bucket of Yuengling for $11 was a steel by Connecticut standards, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One evening we had dinner. We both had the Ribeye steaks. I've been in the meat business for thirty years in Ct. So I know a good steak when I get one. As disappointed as I had been, getting a good steak in this area up to this point, this was not the case at
Cowpokes. The quality of the steak was outstanding and they were both cooked perfectly. However to be fair, they were both coated heavily with their "famous" garlic butter. Now believe me, I loved garlic, and I love butter, but this at best, overwhelmed the steak to the point that neither of us finished our steak. The waitress was a delight and the salad bar was fresh. With all this said, we'll return for sure due to the quality of the steak, but we'll definitely get the "butter on the side!

2  Thank jbeacon

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Have never had a bad steak at this restaurant. It is one of the best I've ever had in fact. I can't recommend this place enough. If you love steak and salad and a baked potatoe this is a can't miss!

2  Thank ajconde
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Husband and I went there on a Sunday afternoon to meet friends and listen to the band. The burger was great. My apple martini was way off - (a glass of gin and cherries ). Had to ask for the sour apple mix so I could drink it.
Still had good time and will return.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Expected steaks and burgers going by the name of the place, but they had a great variety of food on the menu and it was fabulous. Their tuna was prepared very well and tasted awesome. The atmosphere was also great.

1  Thank LMKTJK
Reviewed 2 June 2013

April's love may be comic books but she can sure serve a mean steak!Yep back again ,friends in town to enjoy our fine tasting steak house.THE service was great with April n the girl enjoyed some tasty lobster.We will return to enjoy another fine steak dinner at cowpokes..hope you love garlic!