“Fun and So Beautiful”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun and So Beautiful”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This airboat ride in Central Florida is very good. John the owner does an excellent job showing the beauty of the "real Florida" as well as making it fun. We saw gators, turtles, an eagle and many other beautiful birds. Our grandchildren (age 7 and up) enjoyed it as much as we did. I highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank gertrude22

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing wildlife up close!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Many, many thanks to Captain Jon for giving my family an experience we won't forget. As we explored the winding Arbuckle Creek into Lake Istokpoga, we saw many surprises around each turn: alligators, lots of baby alligators (many up close, a couple of feet away!), osprey, blue heron, green heron, even a wild turkey! It was so wonderful to scan the cypress tree lined shorelines to see what might be hiding behind the draping Spanish moss. At one point he asked us if we'd like to take the boat up on land, and with a rev of the engine, we climbed on top of an island and he snapped a cute picture with our cameras of us in our "beached" boat. It's amazing how Jon can navigate the boat in what seems the unlikeliest of places. Over dirt trails, up rocky rapids...so you can explore places normal boats can't. We were all thrilled with the trip. A beautiful way to enjoy the "real" Florida!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank SevillaNoDo
Buffalo, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A trip on the Wild-side!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was a fabulous find on trip advisor! My daughter, my father, and I decided that we would go on the airboat adventure. I am really the one who wanted to go. Anyway, we traveled through a winding creek, through "rapids", and saw some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. We spotted some heron, the ducks that dive, and a few of the biggest and smallest gators in Florida! I recommend this to everyone who would like to spend the day with family and I didn't even want to throw mine to the gators!

2 Thank Gyspy R
Pflugerville, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favorite part of our trip”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is an absolute must-do if you're in Central Florida. We saw some of the most beautiful scenery that took my breath away, as well as an abundance of Florida wildlife. Captain Jon was kind, informative, and a wonderful guide. It's obvious how much he loves his job, and the natural habitat that he shared with us. I've been on another airboat ride that was nothing compared with this one. It's well worth the drive and the time to experience Florida with Captain Jon.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Kathy G
Ravenna, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice ride”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went on a very cold day in March. We didn't see many animals. Captain Jon saw an alligator, an eagle, and a pack of wild hogs. We believed him, he was a nice guy. We saw a lizard, goats, ducks, chickens, horses, an old plane crash, and what I am calling a "sea cow" so people think we saw a manatee. It was just a cow in the creek. The scenery was beautiful. We can't wait to go back on a warmer day.

Visited March 2014