Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Beautiful

Reviewed yesterday
Judy W
Sebring, Florida
One Night Stay In Our RV, Site 120: Beautiful Park!

Tom M
Tampa, Florida

All reviews tram ride ccc museum walking trails civilian conservation corps old florida real florida cypress swamp great trails the loop bike riding picnic area flora and fauna great place to visit ranger deer nature sites
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Park looks amazing but you gotta pay to proceed driving in. Did not wish to pay for a walking/driving through state park. Too hot to walk this in Florida and paying to maybe be there 20 mins was a no no for me. Photos of this park look truly lovely. We just did not do it due to having to pay

Reviewed yesterday

Great place to view Florida outdoors. Only one trail that we could not complete because the walkway was narrow over the water and there was only one railing and it was low. Made us kind of dizzy so we turned around.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This used to be one of our favorite parks until our last 2 visits. It's been a few years, but the first one, we got there in the middle of a huge construction project. Why weren't we made aware when we reserved? Equipment beeping, roaring and banging everywhere and clouds of dust. We are suppose to drive slow but they didn't. I complained and they didn't care.

The second time, we got to the park and they had a "controlled burn" that was still going on. There was fire on the opposite edge of the road from us. No one watching it. We couldn't breath in our camp site, to smoky. Why weren't we told this was going on when we reserved? I have asthma. We complained, they said that's what we do.

We're not going to give them an opportunity for 3 strikes and your out. We won't be back. It's to bad, it used to be such a nice park with caring people.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed one night at Highlands Hammock State Park in mid October ... beautiful park with lots of trails. We had camp site 120 which is a pull through with 30 Amp Power and Water Hook-up ...

We took the 30 minute Allen Altvater Trail through the Flatwoods / Pines which is open ... but were unable to hoof it to the boardwalk and plank trails through the swamps an live oaks ... it was just too hot for the dog that day ... so we'll be going back when it gets cooler ... the Altvater Trail is next to the camping area ...

I'd give this park 5 Stars for the grounds, trails and sheer beauty ... but only 3 Stars for the camp sites ... it's very crowded with little space between sites ...and the sing vehicle road loops through the campsite aren't one-way which could be an issue ... having said that, we'll be back to do the trails ...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Extraordinarily wildly beautiful! A glimpse of wild Florida...one area on a walkway opens up into a space that is breath taking, like a Monet painting of the lily pads.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a must see state park to see an inland Florida swamp. There is a loop drive with several trails off of it. It is very easy to bike around, park your bike at the bike stand and walk a trail. My favorites are the boardwalk trails (Cypress Swamp & Fern). We prefer to spend the night in the campground and take our time walking the trails. Weekdays are quite, while the campground fills up during the weekends. There were no mosquitos in October. It was very sad to see several of the larger trees had gone over during the last hurricane.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This park is absolutely beautiful! I took my daughters age 7 and 4 and they loved it! Very easy to explore. The raised walkways are very cool! It's only $6 per car. I highly reccomend making a stop here for the day.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

With the combination of beautiful trees, cypress swamp, a wonderful loop drive, numerous shaded walkways, covered picnic tables, and the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) Museum, no wonder Highlands Hammock State Park is a National Gold Medal Winner. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and were astounded to find out how many legendary screen stars once served in the CCC.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

My husband and I love camping and nature trails, which many times we ride our bikes through, but signs posted everywhere...no bikes on the trails ( I have very bad ankles, so bike riding is one way for me to be able to see the trails). And the campground itself was very open, no separation between sights. We are going to pass on a camping trip to that State Park.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This is a lovely state park, I just went for a day visit and found the trails easy walking with plants that I didn't know growing there in profusion. Great park with a very interesting history.