“Good Hotel with some exceptions”

Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Leesburg
“Good Hotel with some exceptions”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this property several times. The location of the hotel, in relation to the business I am conducting in the area is a definite plus. The staff has been great. My checkin was flawless and the rooms are clean. So why does it only get 3 stars? The Internet service is terrible. I have mentioned it to the staff during a past stay, but this entire week the internet was nearly non-existent. I need the Internet when I am working and the slow, slow speed of the internet here is not a plus. The other (minor) problem I noticed is that the channel selection and TV quality are not that good. The TV signal gets lost whenever there is a storm in the area and that happens quite frequently. There are a limited number of channels as well. Fix these two problems and it will be a much better place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian J
Deven S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay. We have addressed your concerns as they are extremely important to us. If you should ever visit the Sebring area in the future, please contact me as I will gladly assist you. Thank you for your loyalty.

Deven Spaulding

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This property is fairly isolated at what feels like the outskirts of town. A Denny's is close but nothing else within walking distance.

The outside of the property was well-maintained and up-to-date but the inside felt a bit dated and tired. (Other reviews noted it is a brand new property - - not true.) My room was clean and comfortable enough but I had a problem with the plumbing. The tub leaked a very steady stream and I could not get it turned off, or even slowed down. Being from drought-stricken Colorado, I am extremely conscious of water waste. I called to report the problem and was assured maintenance would check it but it was obvious nothing was done.

And sadly, no freshly-baked cookies (not that I need them). These were straight off the grocery shelf.

Newer properties in more convenient neighborhoods can be found further south on US 27. I will most likely book one of them next time I find myself in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear mrssimptom,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition and breakfast selection. We will look into this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've stayed here twice, both for funerals of friends. The location is good. The hotel is average. While it looks very new, the air conditioning units in each room seem older variety. Air is pumped out continuously, you cannot set a temperature.Our room this weekend was a double bed (apparently this is what they give for the "bereavement" rate of $99/night). We appreciated getting the special rate (not that we compared it, as we were told this was what we got). The room smelled a bit like old tennis shoes, so we went to the local bed, bath and beyond for a candle and room spray (which helped). You can hear other people in their rooms, which was a little annoying first thing in morning when you want to sleep in past 7a. All staff was very nice. Beds were comfortable. It did seem clean overall. We will probably compare various other locations to stay before choosing this hotel again, but overall it wasnt a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Free mini-breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
So sorry to hear that you did not get the room type that you had wanted we do not have a certain type of room for bereavement rates when the rooms are booked we give you the choice of a King or a room with two beds if the choice is available. We would have gladly given you a different room please give us the opportunity to do so on your next trip to town. Also sorry for the discomfort of your stay we never want to fall short of a great stay and we strive to give all of our guests that if for any reason you are back in the area please give us a call and we will do our best to make it right.
Sorry again for the Inconvenience please try us again in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, we were cheerfully greeted by Teresa. This set the mood for our visit. This HIE has a lobby unlike any other we visited, warm and open. Room was spotless and the breakfast continued to meet HIE high standards. If ever back in the Sebring area there is no doubt where we will stay. Thanks to Teresa and her entire staff

Stayed March 2014
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the review we are very please to hear that you had a wonderful stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future we always love seeing return guests

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a great brand new hotel with caring courteous staff. The room was immaculate. Breakfast was abundant and varied for many different tastes.
Parking spaces were numerous and we received excellent directions to a seafood restaurant!

Room Tip: If all the rooms were like ours, then they are all great! Ours faced the back and we had a great vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review we do pride ourselves in our rooms and our customer service and always look forward to our guest returning again and again so we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My non-profit organization, the Highway Park Neighborhood Council of Lake Placid, FL rented a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Sebring in preparation for our annual fundraiser. We called several times to change names and room numbers. Throughout these exchanges, the staff were patient, courteous, and accommodating. We had never booked this hotel for our travelers before and were a little nervous. The hotel was clean, rooms were very nice, and the staff was courteous and pleasant. The manager, Heather, was especially nice, very friendly, and helpful. They were efficient and caring. Beds were large and comfy. Will definitely be using this hotel for our future event accommodations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host some of your guests for you fundraiser it was our pleasure to do so as we would like to think that we treat all of our guest the same and do enjoy each and everyone of them. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future . Thank you and have a wonderful day and again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Sebring Florida

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was blown away by my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and professional. It is obvious that they really care about their guests. As much as I travel, this is very rare to see. I was actually going to ask one of the employees why they are ALL so helpful and friendly, but I didn't have to once I met the GM, Theresa. It is obvious that everyone at the hotel follows her lead. She was always smiling and very gracious to all of her guests. She helped me find a great place to eat and even let me know that I could work out at the local Gold's Gym for free with my hotel key.

The hotel itself was very clean and nicely decorated. The accommodations were modern and very comfortable. I slept like a baby in my king bed with incredible pillows. The breakfast was great and I was surprised with a nice afternoon snack! I will definitely be back every time I stay in Sebring!

Thanks Theresa and staff for an amazing stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sebring, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for the very kind words I will convey it to the staff we take great pride in taking care of all of our guests needs and always hope to make them feel at home.

Teresa Hammond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Ramada Lake Placid
Ramada Lake Placid
#3 of 8 in Lake Placid

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sebring? Share your experiences!