“An excellent business travel location”

Residence Inn Sebring
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Lakeland, Florida
“An excellent business travel location”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at the Sebring Residence Inn for 2 weeks (weekends back home) for business last month. It was a perfect location for work, with an extremely comfortable and well-appointed room. The layout was perfect for getting work done at the desk (free wifi made using my laptop and iPod with the dock on the bedside clock/radio very easy), then getting some dinner in the little kitchen, then watching tv or sleeping. Easy in and out, small but pleasant and accessible exercise facility, and a better than average breakfast made this stay homelike and efficient. I didn't participate in any of the happy hour facilities, but otherwise I would call the facility and service top-notch.

Room Tip: I liked being on the ground floor for easy in and out -- I was on the south end by the half-basketba...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HGG2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experience with us. I'm glad you were comftable here, and that your time away from your real home was enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are assigned to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Miramar, FL
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed at this property last November (I kept forgetting to write this review), not the first time that we've stayed there, but the first time (at ANY property) that we've been treated so poorly. I will start by pointing out that I am a member of Marriott Rewards, with a LOT of points and three Marriott time-share weeks. One of the perks of their Rewards program is supposed to be late check-out (of course "when available", which really means "if the property isn't going to be full that next night so the room can be serviced later than normal").

I am a volunteer race worker for SCCA, and have stayed at this property and others in Sebring when I work at Sebring Raceway. We were there for Friday and Saturday nights of Thanksgiving weekend. While I was working at the track, my wife was spending most of her time in the room, studying for courses that she was taking. On Saturday evening, we asked at the front desk for late check-out on Sunday, and we were told to check back on Sunday morning. On Sunday morning, as I was leaving for the track, we again asked, and were told that "it will be up to the Housekeeping Supervisor. Check back later in the morning." WHAT? The Housekeeping Supervisor calls the shots?

Their check-out time is 11:00 a.m., and my wife was asking to stay in the room until 2:00 p.m. Believe me, at a property like this, when the racers clear out on a Sunday, there are plenty of empty rooms that night. So at close to the regular check-out time, my wife inquired again, and was told (after the front desk consulted with Housekeeping!) that she could stay in the room until Noon. GEE, HOW GENEROUS. Meanwhile, the housekeeper kept knocking on the door every 15 minutes, and each time my wife would advise that she had been ok'ed to stay until Noon. By the third knock, my wife gave up and vacated the room.

If that was all, it would be bad enough. But the treatment afterwards is what really prompts this review, because everyone needs to hear it. The next day, I wrote an e-mail to the property's Manager, and I cc'ed Marriott's Guest Relations office. In this e-mail, I set forth everything that I have written above. The Manager's reply to me was shocking - she stated, with respect to my comment that it was incredible that Housekeeping called the shots there, that "I don't tell guests how to run their business so you shouldn't tell me how to run mine"!!! Huh? I'm paying good money (or in this case, hard-earned Marriott points) to stay at your property, you're damn right I'm going to tell you when I think something is not being run properly!

She then went on to state that since both my wife, and myself, had "not been respectful" to her and her staff (we were at no time nasty, we are not like that), WE WERE NO LONGER WELCOME TO STAY THERE! When I then replied to her e-mail, I got an e-mail from the Guest Relations office stating only "Case closed". Are you kidding? Case closed? This Manager should have been severely sanctioned for her actions - not the actual late check-out (I don't know if she was even on duty then), but for HER nasty e-mail to a loyal Marriott guest.

I continue to use Marriott properties all over the world, but when we go to Sebring this November, we'll be staying at the LaQuinta Inn.

As to the hotel itself, it's fine, your typical Residence Inn. But with treatment like that, who wants to stay there?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stu_C
I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent visit. We have been in touch with you privately, and have done our best to make ammends. Thank you for volunteering at the race track, and your loyalty to the Marriott brand.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We chose the Residence Inn based on being pet friendly, we have stayed at other "pet friendly" hotels in the past, and they are not always what you would call clean and modern, this by far was the best pet friendly hotel we have ever stayed at, very clean, everything was new and well maintained, we were given a ground floor room on the backside with a gorgeous view of the lake, it was a beautiful apartment really, with a full kitchen, separate bedroom with a door for privacy, there was even a leash hook just inside the door, and they give you a small magnet to put outside your door advising there is a "4 legged" guest in the room, staff was very friendly, even giving my dog a nice greeting when we brought him in. Breakfast was great with a huge selection of items to make everyone happy.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel has a very pretty view of a lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeff h
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We do love it when our guests bring their four legged furry family members to visit, and want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves while they are here. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This is by far the best choice in the Haines City to Clewiston corridor of US 27. An immaculate property that consistently provides a safe environment for all guests, thanks to hands-on general manager Leila and staff. We will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Wordbabe
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thanks for your stay and nice comments. We take a lot of pride in our hotel, and do everything we can to keep it in tip-tip shape. Leila is a terrific manager, and leads us to serve by her example of excellent professionalism and and hospitiality. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are in Sebring.
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My room looked brand new. Everything was spotless, amenities were more than imagined. I needed to check in early as I had an event at the check in time and was able to check in early, no problem. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I didn't even need to bring papertowel! I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel is worth every penny. Very well managed.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor with pool view. No problems.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank elivingston68
Thank you for your stay, review and recommendation. We want all our guests to be able to have a worry free, relaxing visit, and I'm glad we met your needs and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to the next opportunity you give us to serve you here again.
Port Hatchineha
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I had a last minute decision to stay in Sebring for a softball tournament, and the staff was very polite and accomodating - even with my old 75 pound hound dog making the trip. When we checked in the elevator was out of order - difficult as one person in my party was on crutches and my dog is very old. We were placed on the 4th floor but immediately received a phone call when we walked into the room and an offer to move to the first floor. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and had everything needed for an extended stay. Breakfast was great, and each staff member was very courteous. Would definitely recommend, and will consider again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank B_Dawl
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Sebring. I'm sorry for the elevator and room location issues you experienced, and hope you will accept my apologies. I'm glad you were happy with the service we provided, and hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are here.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 August 2012

With this stay was not that bad stayed away from home, it's not surprising that the rooms are well appointed and decorated as I like to have at my house.

Everything was clean and comfortable, including the bed.
Breakfast was really good!!! I could not ask for more.
The view of the lake was terrific.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Orlando M
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you for making your very first review on TA about your stay with us. I'm glad you felt comfortable here, and that it reminded you of being home. I hope you will be our guest again the next time you are in Sebring.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Inn On The Lakes
#1 of 11 in Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Residence Inn Sebring? Share your experiences!