“Wonderful Experience at Residence Inn Sebring”

Residence Inn Sebring
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Reviewed 25 February 2013

WOW. You may already know this, but your General Manager, Leila Currence in Sebring is a gem. We booked initially through on of those on-line sites for four nights, Feb. 16 for four nights. But a snowstorm in the mid-west caused our flights to be cancelled, so I went to the front desk to ask about staying longer. Your general manger, Leila, accommodated us graciously and very professionally for three more nights, checking out on Feb. 23, 2013.
You should be proud to have a General Manager like Leila Currence. Being a retired Human Resources Director of a large corporation, I know how hard it is to find outstanding personnel but you have done it with this lady. Not only did she rearrange the room occupancy schedule to accommodate us for three extra nights, but when we left she chatted with us encouraging safe travels, smiling graciously, and even asked us to let her know when we got home safely. I know you cannot have all gems on your payroll, but you should definitely hang on to this employee - - she is an asset to your company. I'm not much of a joiner, but after this experience I joined your rewards club today, and will always stay at this location every time I go to Sebring. If you have a customer service awards program for employees, this lady deserves one of the highest awards.
This property in general is neat and clean, highly maintained, and is head and shoulders better than other hotels/motels we have used. All equipment and conveniences worked properly and made our visit enjoyable. Housekeeping is outstanding.
Front desk clerk, Michael G.(on his name tag) deserves a pat on the back also. He is very friendly, always acknowledges incoming guests, and is very efficient.
You have a wonderful operation in Sebring. Congratulations.
James Lewis

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

WOW, and thank you for taking the time to share and yes, we do know how wonderful Leila is and really appreciate your lengthy review about your recent experience here. We are a proud member of the Marriott family of hotels, and I am happy to learn that you will be getting more rewards when you stay with us and at other fine hotels in our brand. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel or via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com if there is anything you need or have any other questions or comments. We hope to see you here again soon.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Sebring

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Very nice hotel, great team, excellent management and always walking the extra mile for their customers. Whether you need advice for local restaurants and attractions or you simply want to hang out in the lobby on social evening, the associates will make sure you have the best time.
Last but not least, the hotel is more than clean and safe as well as well maintained. Ask for a Lake view when booking.

Room Tip: Ask for 415, the best room in the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words and comments. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and want to make sure all our guests are happy they decided to stay with us. I"m glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I really can't think of anything I don't like about this hotel except that on our last stay we weren't given the room we requested when reserving but the staff bent over backward to get us to our desired room the next morning.
Sebring is centrally located so we usually stay in this one spot and can drive a couple hours to any tourist destination. We enjoy having the apartment style layout for work and play are often combined on our trips. Lots of restaurants nearby, the hotel's decor is nice, all employes are friendly and effecient and the extra dinner meal on tue, wed & thur help cut the cost. Can't beat that!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your many visits and nice review and 5 star rating. I'm sorry we weren't able to give you your desired room upon check in and glad we were able to accommodate you the following day. We really appreciate your understanding in this matter, and look forward to serving you here again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed for over a week in January-February at this hotel. No other hotel in this area can compare! The rooms are spotless (kudos housekeeping) and are luxurious full suites with a kitchen and everything. Breakfast was delicious and dinner was good as well, and both were free! We visit sebring a couple of times a year, but usually stay at another hotel which is down the road also on the lake which is privately owned. We called this other hotel to make reservations but were treated impolitely, and after a less-than-satisfactory visit last year we decided to try out another hotel and thought we would have to "settle" on a chain. However, on our arrival it was quickly apparent that the staff treats this hotel as their own home and they treat each other, as well as the guests, as a family. We were greated by Kristin in the evening and she was wonderful. She gave us many suggestions for restaurants (which I will also review!), shopping centers, a winery, and a state park. Every time we saw her she smiled, asked how our room was, and even remembered to ask how our dinner was when we returned which is impressive since the hotel was 100% full. My girlfriend and I thought it was charming when she was training a new employee and she said "we hope you enjoy our hotel!" and would say welcome home when we came in. She went above and beyond any time we needed anything. The charm and great service did not stop with Kristin, all staff was wonderful however she really stuck out. The breakfast lady supplied a full hotel with hot breakfast and still come out to visit us, and even maintence greeted me in the halls! Housekeeping did a great job cleaning and was very sweet when I ran into her. We met some of the guests who stay for a month every year and we are seriously considering doing that next year. I could go on and on but my main point is you HAVE to go visit the Residents inn. We miss you already!

Room Tip: We had hoped for a back view room, but since they were full we were ok with hwy 27 view. We were not...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review about your stay with us. I'm glad you gave us a chance to serve you, even though we are a "chain", and that you were happy with the level of service and accommodations you found here. You know you can count on us to deliver the best hotel experience here in Sebring. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We were displaced, when our home was flooded, gutted, then rebuilt. Fortunately, our insurance agreed to pay our stay at Residence Inn Sebring, in full. From the moment of our arrival until our departure almost 2 months later, we really did feel like we were at "home." Lela, Kristen, Brenda, and the rest of the staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and complete. The furniture and appointments are first rate. Housekeeping kept our suite clean and complete, while being unobtrusive and adjusting their schedule to fit our needs. The food service included real china and silverware. Seasonal "extras" added to the festive feel, including Christmas goodies and even a pizza party for the Superbowl. If there is anywhere I could stay for an extended period, this would be it. The location, on Little Lake Jackson, is serene and beautiful, from sunrise to sunset.

Room Tip: First floor suites on the lakeside are first rate.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your lengthy stay with us. I'm sorry you were here under such dire circumstances, and want you to know it was a pleasure having you in house while your home was being repaired. You know you are always welcome here, and though I'm pretty sure you will want to stay in your own home, everyone here hopes you will stop in from time to time just to say Hi!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This place has been a life saver for me while dealing with declining parents.

Many years ago, against all odds, I was able to get a last minute (ie: at about 9:00 at night) room during the 24 hours of Sebring auto race which draws people from around the world and floods the city of Sebring. Since then I’ve probably stayed there 6 times over the past 6 years.

I have always been extremely happy with this hotel! The staff is warm, open and welcoming. Willing to do whatever they can to make your stay the best. The staff are the best part! From the manager (but you expect that from a Marietta girl :) ) to the 3am desk folk. The rooms are large and clean. Full kitchen. If you get the Little Lake Jackson side the view is beautiful. Some great sunsets. I’d recommend room 417 or one close to it. Top floor so you don’t hear footsteps above you, lake side view, and that end is farthest away from the big, noisy a/c related thing located toward the other end of the building.

The free breakfast is OK, the free dinner and a few beers at night are a heck of a perk. They have a small but nice pool and recently added nice new bikes that you can take out and pedal around the area. I believe there’s no charge for the bikes.

I’ve loved it. ‘Nuff said.

Room Tip: Get 417 or close to it on the Little Lake Jackson side
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank UsuallyNotGrumpy

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your many experiences here. We know that not all our guests are here on vacation, and we want to make sure that everyone not only feels welcome and at home here, we want our guests to be able to relax and not worry about any aspect of their stay while they are with us. We really appreciate your kind words about jobs well done by our team, and we look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed in the Residence Inn in Sebring again and I can't say enough good things. Hotel is spotless, staff is amazing. I was happy to meet the Manager this time when I first arrived to tell her in person how much I had enjoyed my stay a year ago. The front desk manager, Kristen, went out of her way to be helpful. Everyone from Theresa who worked the morning breakfast to the maids, to others who worked the front desk were always congenial, helpful and smiling, even when it was obvious they were under quite a bit of pressure helping many guests. I had a queen efficiancy this time, which felt very spacious to my surprise. Usually when I stay at RI I like to have a proper suite with two separate rooms, but that was not available so we took this option. The decor is modern, furniture very comfortable, and the kitchen is equipped with everything you need. The hotel puts their "calendar" on the fridge so you know what nights they have various evening snacks like fajitas or hot dogs. I wish every time I stayed in a hotel it was like this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you very much for your return visit and for taking the time to share your nice comments. I'm glad you know you can count on the Marriott family of hotels,and our RI in particular, to make your travel and hotel stays as enjoyable as possible. Kristen &Theresa are two of our best, and they inspire us all to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you here again the next time you are in Sebring.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Inn On The Lakes
#1 of 11 in Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Residence Inn Sebring? Share your experiences!