“I almost hate to tell folks about this place in case it gets busy!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Unbelievable. That's the only word I can use, except maybe Amazing, Wonderful and Incredible. Nope I don't work here and I don't have friends or family that do. I travel across multiple states and often travel to this area for work. After staying at a few places I wish I had skipped, I ran across this Residence Inn in Sebring.

OMG as my kids would say. I was in shock. The rooms are just plain incredible and the prices are outstanding. Every room is a suite with a separate bedroom, separate living room, a full kitchen complete with dishes, silverware, a full size refrigerator/freezer, a microwave and even popcorn. it's amazing. As if that's not enough, they make you dinner every night and throw in a free breakfast. Now by "dinner" I mean spaghetti and meatballs, or hotdogs and brats, or sloppy joes... but still... it's free and it's darn good and they even give you a free beer.

Did I tell you about the bikes they have outside? Yep. Free. While I was at work my wife hopped on one of their bikes and rode down to the State Park and around the historic district. She loved it.

Let's talk about the staff... yes they have a couple of young gals that haven't quite got the hang of going out of their way to be kind to customers, but they are doing their job and making sure they get everything right. The older staff on the other hand (older than 22 I mean) know what they're doing and make you feel like you are their favorite guest. Cesar should get an award or have his picture up as an example for all hotels to see, just for the outstanding job he does taking care of guests.

If I had to fuss about anything it would be their Fitness Room. It never ceases to amaze me how hotel's leave out this important feature and think they're giving you something worthwhile when they stick in a couple of bikes and a treadmill. On the bright side, the YMCA down the street gave us free admission as guests staying at the Residence Inn. We just had to show our room card. How nice was that!

I will be back! In fact, because of my job I will be back and be back and be back.... Please get my room ready!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Taylor-Twosum

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Sebring is in the very middle of Florida. One and a half hours south of Orlando and the same distance to Tampa if you head west. Route 27 guts right thru the middle of the Sunshine state landing you in this small town nestled between nearby lakes with names like Lake Placid, rural country and some polite people, who unlike my fellow Miamians, have traditional southern accents.

At the Residence Inn Sebring, the staff was amicable, efficient and polite -- especially the general manager, who would walk around during the free breakfast and congenially introduce herself to the guests ( I liked that). The rooms big, spotless, and new (and clean very clean). The kitchen were modern and spacious as was the stainless steel fridge.

During the evening my colleague and I shot a basketball on their lakeside court as the sun started to set over the lake.

After basketball, and a plate of free meatballs and spaghetti as a courtesy to their guests, I did not expect what happened next.

In my room on the 5th floor, their highest, I opened the rear glass doors in the back, and stepped out on the balcony that looked over the peaceful lake. Over the reflection of the water was an array of melting colors.

The Sunset. Amazing.

Simply one of the most beautiful, and totally unexpected, that I had seen in a while. In this moment, I remembered my affinity for Florida, where I live now, and its majestic, unique sunsets that can calm the soul and allow a man to stand in quiet contemplation.

Standing on the balcony seeing the sky, passing the horizon, mix with the water, and the yellows, oranges, reds, blacks, deep blues drip into each other like wet paint, was immensely soothing.

I smiled, took photos, and silently watched.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank FinnyGo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for three nights in August 2013. The hotel is in an excellent location being across the highway from a large lake and very convenient to shops,
movie theaters, restaurants and other areas of interest. The hotel is well managed, the rooms fresh and well maintained and the staff very helpful. The hotel offers a simple but decent breakfast and has a nice pool for guests. There is also a computer available in the lobby for use by the guests.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor on the back (west facing) side of the hotel and was convenient and ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I make it down to Sebring several times a year as my best friend moved there 8 years ago. However, my trips are usually solo and I stay at her house. This time my husband and 17 year old son were coming. We agreed to stay in a hotel so as not to overwhelm her with all of us. Based on Trip Advisor reviews and proximity to her home, we chose the Residence Inn Sebring. It did not disappoint.

We were greeted very warmly by Brenda, the Food and Beverage manager who also checked us in. We arrived two hours earlier than anticipated; however, Brenda was able to have a room ready for us. We were assigned Room 403, a one-bedroom king suite with sofabed overlooking Little Lake Jackson. The room had a kitchenette which included a dishwasher, full-size refrigerator, a two-burner cooktop and a microwave. We also had two flat screen TVs-one in the living area and one in the bedroom.

We arrived on a Thursday but were unable to partake in the Tuesday-Thursday happy hour as we were going out at the time, but I did note that the bottles of Corona beer and chicken wings looked appetizing!

The breakfast, which is included with the room rate, was very good and more than adequately suited our needs. It included coffee, tea, juice, water, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, grits, a delicious sausage and potato casserole skillet dish, home fries, cut-up melons, yogurt, assorted cereals, a make-your-own waffle station, muffins, and bagels. I loved that Activia was one of the yogurt choices-I eat that daily so my digestive system didn't miss a beat while I was on vacation!

I also noticed the bikes that were available for the guests to use. We didn't use them but saw other guests borrowing them-it was a unique and nice amenity.

The only thing I noticed was that the dresser in the bedroom with the TV on top of it needed cleaning. Yes, I was the jokester that wrote "Dust Me" with my finger in the dust. Other than that, everything else was very clean.

Between the free breakfast, ample accommodations, great location on US 27 and pleasant staff, we will definitely be using this property again for our next Sebring family visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Southcoaster,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for you and your family during your recent visit to your friend here in Sebring. I'm sorry about the poor job housekeeping had done in your room and have used your review in discussions and training so this does not continue or recur. I'm glad you were happy with our hotel and the amenities you enjoyed while staying here, and appreciate your kind words. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here for the finals in the Dixie Baseball tournament and were very pleased. The Residence Inns are my favorite because they have a separate bedroom and full kitchen. Our room had a patio that overlooked one of the many lakes in the area. if you went out back there was another wonderful lake view. The morning breakfast was really good and several weekday nights they have a social in the evenings.It was very nice to be with family at such a great hotel.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be great. I have stayed in a 2 bedroom before and they are great to shar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear kisa11,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Residence Inn family of hotels, and for posting your comments and 5 star rating about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a great stay with wonderful service. We look forward to having you as our guest on a future visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We just returned from here after staying for almost a week! We were attending the baseball tournament with 6 year olds. The General Manager went out of her way to help entertain the kiddos on long, slow days. She even watched them for us and let us go out while they watched a movie! She attended the games and presented the teams with a special plaque from the hotel at the end of the tournament. She went above and beyond in making our stay comfortable and enjoyable! The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and always helpful! The breakfast was great. The rooms were gorgeous and always cleaned well! The laundry was easy to use and worked well! The kids used the pool and basketball court while there! Incredible views of the lake - we even wandered down and did a little fishing....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear RhondaLochie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We love it when young athletes stay with us and share their enthusiasm and team spirit with us. I'm glad you are happy with what and how we do things here and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here for about a week in June on business in a queen studio suite. I have no complaints, the room was spotless and I had everything I needed in the kitchen. Very nice rooms with granite countertops and tile flooring in the kitchen and wash room. I was concerned because I am allergic to pets, but I was on the 2nd floor and had no issues. Free breakfast and dinner was a nice touch. Staff always smiling and offering to help. I was with several coworkers and heard no complains about this hotel, which is a rare occurance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Inn On The Lakes
#1 of 11 in Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Residence Inn Sebring? Share your experiences!