“Had a very nice stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area)
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Seffner
Cirali / Antalya
“Had a very nice stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Travelled here in Febuary 2012 with our family for a 2 nights stay while we visited Busch Gardens. Had a great room with 2 double beds and good for a family of 4. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Good free wifi, large plazma TV and enjoyed the in room coffee and tea facilities. Bountiful breakfast with plenty to choose from and my son loved the make your own waffles.

Helpful staff at reception.Location is good however disappointed with few or lack of decent restaurant choices in the local area. Would visit here again if I travel to Tampa again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank canmom
Jim T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area), responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Canmom-

Thanks for staying with us when you visited Busch Gardens. I am glad you liked the room and your son enjoyed the make your own waffles. Hope you stay with us again if you are back in the Tampa area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had to make an emergency trip to Tampa last weekend. I'm a planner and this really through me off. I made the hotel reservation through a 3rd party and wasn't sure who it was going to be. I was very surprised and please it was Hampton Inn. The hotel seem newer or maybe renovated recently. Guest services were polite and we never had any issues. The room was clean and nice size, we even had a refrigerator and microwave in a standard room, The bathroom was big with good water pressure. Breakfast was you usual with a couple hot items each morning. The hotel is right off of I-4 and very close to I-75. My only issue was our room was right by the elevator and you could hear the suction sound of the elevator going up and down, but it was minor.

Room Tip: Close to the hardock casino, don't get a room by the elevators
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Jim T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area), responded to this review, 15 October 2012
MzNikki130

Thanks for staying with us on your last minute trip to Tampa. I am glad you found our hotel clean and the rooms were a good size. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to the area.
Fort Myers
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I travel weekly for business and mostly stay at Hampton Inns because I know what to expect...good value and comfortable room. Well this one is way below the mark. The hotel and room were clean, and the room was spacious. However, the only chair in the room was at the desk and it was small wooden chair (not an office chair) where the seat sank so badly I had to use a pillow to be able to sit on comfortably. Since I had hours of work to do, it was very problematic/ I can not tell you the last time I have been in a room where there was not a separate comfortable chair. I hate to watch TV bed, but it was either that, or the uncomfortable desk chair. Oh and the bed was NOT the usual Hampton bed. It was hard and did not provide a good nights sleep. The desk was very small, so if you are planning on working, beware.. The TV only had about 12 channels, three of which were ESPN. There was no full length mirror in the room, and the closet was just a small opening in the wall.
The A/C did work great and the breakfast was the average Hampton Inn fare. Also the guest before me had evidentally set the alarm clock to 5:30AM. So it woke me at the time. I think the housekeeping staff should check to make sure the alarm clocks are set to off when new guest arrives.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sendmehome-

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we can improve the stay for all of our furture guests. We are switching soon to an upgraded channel package and hope you will give us another try in the future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel is clean, the bed is comfortable, the bag breakfast to go is convenient and the service was friendly. This hotel is NOT one of the closest to the amphitheater or the Hard Rock, but for us (we were not going to those venues this trip) it was the perfect business hotel.

Check in was smooth and easy, the bill was put under the door for a speedy check out, the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Jim T, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area), responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank You for staying with us while on business. I am glad you found our hotel a friendly clean place and hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Tampa.
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel only because we received a complimentary room courtesy of the Hardrock casino. I thought the hotel would have been closer to the casino but oh well it was free. The hotel still looks new. It was clean, beds were comfy, front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, so that was a plus. Now to breakfast, the coffee was never hot in the carafes. The breakfast is Deluxe continental. Which is ok, but if you are looking for something more, just go to cracker barrel down the street. If management reads this, please have hotel staff check the coffee carafe in the lobby for freshness, taste and temperature. That small improvement can go along way.

• Stayed September 2012
Jim T, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area), responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Lattegirl10

Thanks for staying with us during your visit to the Hard Rock casino. I am glad you found our beds comfortable and our staff friendly. Thanks for letting us know about the coffee.
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Stayed for a few days after arriving in florida before going down to sanibel island - found it very convenient for shoppong trips and site seeing in and around Tampa. Great value for money, hot breakfast was included in the price. Coffee available in reception all day, along with the cookies ( which looked great but we didn't try :-( )

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
George,

Thanks for staying with us. I am glad you found us a convenient place to stay while visiting Tampa. Hope you stay with us again and have a chance to try the cookies.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2012

great place to stay. Shuttle available to Hard Rock Casino. Mattress very comfy and nice hd tv. People very friendly at check in and the drivers of the shuttle. Will stay again!! Also continental breakfast served 6am-10am............................ken in florida

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjs1017
Jim T, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area), responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Ken,

Thanks for staying with us while you were in Tampa. I am glad you enjoyed our beds and our new TV's. Hope you will stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seffner
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area)? Share your experiences!