“Nice Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Casual and friendly and quite delicious. Prompt sit down service and reasonably fast food service nicely presented. Located in the heart of Somerville and easily accessed.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The Cuisine is out of this world! We've been here several times and love it!
I don't particularly enjoy hot & spicy meals.... The wait staff are excellent in guiding you through the menu, making suggestions of what offers the heady spicy flavours, without the hot taking your breath away spices!
Friendly efficient staff... Made my birthday night very special indeed!
Looking forward to our next dinner there....

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We ventured out in the cold last night to Tulsi. Walked in the door to a warm, welcoming room and sat at the great booth they have a the back of the restaurant. We ate Vegetable Samosa, Onion Bhuji, Vegetabel Kofta, Bombay Potato, Kerala Fish Curry, Naan, Raita & of course pappadums. I could not fault the flavours, the billowing soft kofta, the nice hint of spice on the potatoes. My only criticism would be the amount of fish pieces there were in the curry,probably 5 ring finger sized pieces, not enough for hubby but we were lucky we had ordered an extra vegetarian dish to fill him up. The service was fantastic & friendly and we had a great night. They have a great array of vegetarian dishes which we have decided is what we will stick to next time. Overall it was really enjoyable.

1  Thank knoxyk
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have been to alot of indian resturants this one surpasses the rest it is five star dining. its a beautiful resturant modern and you can see the cooks in the kitchen preparing your food there is a glass room and you can see everything it is the best indian i have eaten you can tell its made with high quality ingrediants . the service is fantastic you are served tea and coffee at your table after your meal.I think the food is delicious its just a higher quality place

1  Thank leah w
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I had dinner at Tulsi last night. The food was ok but not great. We hadn't had Indian food in over 3 years so we were really looking forward to it but sadly it was just ok. The best thing about the meal was the garlic naan and the Stumpy Gully red wine. The service is good and the atmosphere nice but the food just doesn't stack up to authentic Indian in my opinion.

1  Thank Mclenn2