“Really nice meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We went for an evening meal yesterday and it was really good..... Generous portion sizes, friendly, great value and excellent cooking....what more could you want?
Will be back for more!!

3  Thank 2710ps

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We realy enjoyed our Christmas Lunch at the Bell. The service was good, polite and unhurried giving us time to enjoy each course. The meal was served well and very tasty by cheerfull waitresses. This in spite of the fact that the resturant was fll to bursting.. Real meat carved from the bird, not that reconstructed stuff and vegetables cooked to perfection. Thank you for making our Art Class lunch such a happy relaxed occasion.

1  Thank Patcat1
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I,my partner and her son booked a Christmas lunch at The Bell yesterday. Sadly the day was completely ruined because of a poor lunch.This was supposed to be a treat for them but ended up being a complete let down.
Arrived on time but had a fair wait to be served starters. When arrived the soup was to oniony though I appreciate french soup is that kind of soup. Just too too much onion to enjoy. Then came the main meal. Turkey and the trimmings. The turkey was NOT fresh turkey in fact it didn't even taste like turkey. I suggest that meat was cut from pre pack rather than from fresh Turkey. It was inedible to say the least. The Broccoli was hard and not edible either. All three of us us left 90% of the dinner each. Third course was a let down too with the cheeseboard rather skimpy and ordinary. My trifle was lovely so the only good point to make is that one.
My partner is a regular visitor to the inn and compliments on it every time however on this day at this meal we left extremely disappointed . At £15 a head it was robbery to say the least though on leaving decided not to moan (though after the main course I did question if that was Turkey we were eating).We were well let down on the day sadly.

5  Thank 96tonyc
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stopped off for a spontaneous lunch today and was very impressed. The service was excellent, staff very friendly and food delicious and fresh. We had the two specials for £11.95. I had the Sea Bass and King prawns and my partner had the fillet beef stir fry. Portions were enough and all food was fresh and cooked to perfection. All washed down with a mulled wine sat by the cosy open fire. We will be returning again.

2  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We met with friends to enjoy a lunch from the Christmas menu All of the starters and main courses were very enjoyable and nicely presented
Then came the desserts Many of our group had opted for Christmas pudding.When this was served we were amazed at the minute portions .The smallest portion of Christmas pudding we had ever been served.
Such a shame to skimp on the last course which most of us cannot resist
I suggest they revise these portions to normal size to avoid putting a damper on what was otherwise a lovely meal

2  Thank cliff037