“New Owners - Huge Difference”
Review of The Sun Inn

The Sun Inn
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small country inn with the charm of locals laughter serving home cooked food from tue till Sunday and steak nights on a Thursday home cooked hams and bread and warming Sunday roasts by the log fires in the winter and the cosy outside furniture in the summer
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Atmosphere is really friendly and welcoming and the Landlord and Lady are really friendly and helpful.

Food was great - I had hunters chicken and my friend had scampi. Both really good - well cooked and generous portions. Really nice chips too.

The new owners have only been in a few weeks but they are making a great start and I'm sure this place is going to get better and better.

Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank cfgdfgsdfg

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Thank goodness my local is under new management! I have now eaten here three times in the past couple of weeks and have found the pub atmosphere great, the food excellent and the welcome warm. Thoroughly recommended for the Sunday roast in particular as there is a good selection of roasts and the veggies are very fresh and tasty. I will be going back!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

the sun inn is such a homely pub sue an dan make you feel so welcome the food is second to none at a reasonable price .dropped in for one stayed for four.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Sun is under new ownership as of 14th October 2013. The new landlords are Sue and Dan, The welcome was fantastic, really cheerful and their attitude was one to be admired. Even thou they were still in the process of moving in and giving the pub a good clean they couldnt do enough for us. The kitchen was supposed to be closed until Friday 25th October, they came to our rescue and opened the kitchen and cooked us all a wonderful traditional pub meal.
These actions are what you get from seasoned professionals of the trade and one that has us hooked and will definitelt be going back on a regular basis.
This coupled together with their opening drink offers and the great background music of classic soul tunes gave to a wonderful afternoon.
I would just like to add that they also informed us that there will be BT Sport available from next weekend which is also good news because i have wanted a local where I will be able to watch not only the football but the rugby premiership too,
Wow how lucky, well I know where Im going to be.....lol.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Have visited the Sun in April 2013 and 2012.Found Tom and Jo very friendly ,with a good atmosphere .The food and beer were all excellent,especially considering the price ! will certainly visit again when in the area.