We hosted a wedding at this venue a few weeks ago. The property owner was extremely nice agreeable when we first viewed the property and decided to host our event there, but once our payment was made and our guests reserved all the rooms - it went down hill. The owner refused to sign a formal contract with us insisting he only does business based on verbal agreements, which was convenient for him since he kept trying to change the original agreement. He tried to increase our site fee months after we booked and with less than a week until our big day decided we could no longer have a DJ at the venue even though months earlier we were told we could. We were left scrambling trying to find a new wedding venue 4 days before our wedding and 2 days before our guests were set to arrive. He was so rude and unprofessional insisting that he didn't even need our business - funny thing, he changed his tune as soon as we started to cancel our rooms. With no alternative and our site fee already paid we reluctantly hosted our wedding here anyway. There is no office location here and when you pay your room fee the owner takes your credit card into his private residence without allowing guests to see where/what he's doing with your card. There are no reservation confirmation or receipts provided. Most of the rooms lacked basic kitchen items like cups, plates, etc and all of the appliances need updating. There was an old unused treadmill in the middle of the courtyard (guess they enjoy running outside without actually running anywhere?) and a foul odor coming from room #2 - we're pretty sure a dead animal is under the porch. The guests in that room complained to no avail - and don't even think about asking for extra toilet paper or room necessities; you'll be met with a quick eye roll and a huff from the property owner - but no toilet paper (pack your own).
This is really a shame. The location is ideally located with a close proximity to the beach and village - but with unprofessional and unpredictable management we will never return or recommend anyone staying here again.
Many of our guests stayed at the Tropical Breeze Inn (right next door) or the Sieata Resorts just a block away and had nothing but great things to say about both of these locaitons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you vacation at Beachpoint on Siesta Key, you create memories. The eclectic cottages of Beachpoint are only 100 yards from the pure white, sugary sand of Siesta Key Beach. BeachPoint Resort Cottages is one of the very few vacation rental properties with direct access to a private area of the beach accessible primarily by foot or bike. Locals love this quiet and less crowded part of Siesta Beach. Our unique hotel offers eye candy everywhere: colorful cottages set in tropical gardens with vivid flowers, funky local art, large open sun decks and shaded courtyards. Gather with new friends in the courtyard, sunbathe on a deck with an ocean view, or hide away in a shady nook for a quiet read. You are just steps from the water and a short 2 minute stroll from Siesta Village, so you may never need to move your car! In the village you'll find a variety of restaurants and several bars featuring live music. You can shop with the locals for everything from groceries to clothes and shoes, books, souvenirs, and even hardware. And there's a US Post Office right in the local drugstore. All the conveniences are easily accessible, but Siesta Key maintains a feeling of old Florida. Locals treasure our pristine beaches which offer a protected habitat for native island birds, as well as the dolphins, manatees and other aquatic wildlife living just offshore. And each evening, locals and visitors walk or bike to our special part of the beach to see the best sunset views on the key. Once you visit the Beachpoint Cottages, you'll see why so many of our guests come back year after year to vacation with us on Siesta Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HRS and Hotels.com so you can book your Beachpoint Resort Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachpoint Hotel Siesta Key
- Beachpoint Resort Cottages Siesta Key, Florida