All reviews beach point siesta key village across the street tiki hut location is ideal within walking distance central air a great stay literally steps two blocks full kitchen beach toys beach access living room restaurants and shops home away from home bikes
Reviewed 27 May 2013

THE AREA:
I planned a trip to Siesta key for a month - SOLO. From mid April to mid May 2013.
I had never been to Sarasota / Siesta Key before, so knew very little about the general area.
I began my search for accommodations about a month before I was to get there. I happened upon Beachpoint Resort on Google.
I had called numerous resorts, and most were run by third party management companies, with limited answers to my queries..
Beachpoint is owner operated. I called the owner (Mike) and he spent a lot of time with me on the phone, accommodating all of my repeated questions about his resort, and the location.
He informed me that there were differences between staying farther south on Siesta Key (closer to the large public beach), and staying at the north end, by his resort - and a quieter beach.
And there are BIG differences.
The south public beach may have facilities, but it is huge, crowded, and a generally full parking lot.
*But be sure to catch the Drum Circle here every Sunday evening.

The beach at the north end is stunning, with an ever changing sand bar. This beach is used by locals and tourists staying at the north end - and within walking distance. There is no parking lot here to accommodate throngs of people driving in from elsewhere.
It is quiet, safe and family friendly - and across the street from Beachpoint Resort.
I was traveling alone, and felt no issues leaving my towel and bag of valuables sitting unattended while walking and swimming. Ladies, you will not feel that old "do I look ok in this bikini?" stress at this beach.
I have seen Dolphins, Manatee and countless small fish and Rays at this beach. And an array of water birds, including Pelicans, Egrets and Cormorants.
It really is quaint, friendly, uncrowded and relaxed. Make sure you go to the beach for sunset, many friendly people attend.
Beachpoint Resort is also about block from Siesta Key Village, and the Village is where the charm of Siesta key is.
People staying near the south public beach need to find transportation to the Village, there is not much parking available around the shops and restaurants, mostly valet - and limited.
I was able to walk to and from the Village easily, and felt very safe doing so alone.
THE RESORT:
Beachpoint is exactly what you see. It is not the Hilton, it IS however, beachy, inviting, relaxed, friendly, and CHARMIMG.
From Neptune to the Mermaid, to the painted signs, you know you are in a place of creativity. The grounds are a mix of gathering places, with old Florida charm. The shaded courtyard is one of the best parts about this place. "If" you want to make yourself available, you can make new friends, and intermingle with other guests. I made some new friends, and even did some activities with them.
In fact, I inherited unused items (laundry soap, etc) from outgoing guests, and in turn, I did the same when I was leaving. People are just so relaxed and friendly here.
There are plants and trees, bird feeders, squirrels, and Mikes dog "Boy" to make you feel relaxed. There are even dancing lights in the courtyard at night to give added charm while you relax with a glass of wine.
There is onsite laundry, wifi, beach buggies that include a noodle, umbrella, and a cooler. There are also paddle boards and beach chairs. Very friendly and accommodating cleaning staff.
The units are quaint, clean, equipped with what you need, and invite you to feel at home. I stayed in Suite 5, a large efficiency - perfect.
The owner (Mike) is always puttering around, and will advise you on things to do, and places to go. But be patient, he is there to run his business....but will stop to socialize when he can. He is a wealth of information!!....and as charming as his Resort.
He is there if you need something - as opposed to a condo that you are entirely left to fend for yourself in.
I would and will stay there again and again.
Most of the people I met there were either multiple year repeat guests, or first timers that were pre booking their next years vacation before they left.
I can't wait to go there again!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
13  Thank Peggy-Sue A
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have stayed here many times and offen occupy several units. We live in sarasota but enjoy long weekends at the beach. We always have a blast. The location and amenities are hard to beat
All units have a kitchen and we often use the grills.

Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank bfaulman
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We went for a girls trip April 10-15, 2013 and stayed at BeachPoint Resort in Unit 7. We loved everything about it!! The owner Mike was great and there for us whenever we needed questions answered. The location was PRIME and the unit had everything you could possibly need. The beds were extremely comfortable, the closets were HUGE (just what I need because I am an overpacker), and the staff was amazing. I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a place in Siesta Key. I look forward to staying there again!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My cousin and I spent 2 days here in late March. The place is charming! The owner, Mike, is a little rough around the edges but you have to understand his dry sense of humor. We had no problems with him at all! He was very accomodating and had a great sense of humor.
The location is second to none. We parked our car and were able to walk into town, as well as walk across the street to the beach. It has a very nice ambience, especially at night time with the lights and firepit.
The room was excellent! Grant it, there are some plumbing issues, but nothing that disrupted our stay. The sand in Siesta Key is like powder, people take a shower and clog up the drain. A plunger is available should you have a problem.
I recommend this to anybody who is looking for a peaceful, laid back, hassle free time on Siesta Key!

Room tip: The rooms in the front have a great view but you are subject to families that are using the gas grill and it can get noisy.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Seekingcomfort
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I alreay wrote a reviev..but it s gone..strange..so i write one more..
The place is amazing.i can t understand why all these people are complaining about the staff..especially about the owner mike.He s fair, nice and a really cool person.we def are coming back! Great location, great rooms and a perfect host..
the germans love mike and his cool little dog:-)

Date of stay: November 2012