“Old Florida Charm & Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachpoint Resort Cottages

Beachpoint Resort Cottages
Sarasota, Florida
“Old Florida Charm & Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beachpoint is our annual 'staycation' spot! It has all the charm of old florida/key west and is ideally located directly across from the beach. If you are looking for maid service, room service, and 800 thread count sheets -don't bother. If you want to wear flip flops 24 hrs a day, have restaurants and bars a stone's throw away and easy access to a beautiful beach -you have found your place! The patio / deck area has a definite Key West vibe. Plenty of tables, chairs, grills -great place to have morning coffee or grill out in the evening. Each room is a little different -some more kitschy than others- but all very welcoming. These are what beach cottages used to be like -and still should be! Great place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter (5,6,7)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I just love this charming resort. It is ideally located near sunset point, the old pier in Siesta Key. They are just adorable little cottages with fully equipped kitchens and just the right size property. There are bikes, toys, ice chests, beach carts, rafts, and even paddle boards available to use right on the property. I live in Sarasota near downtown and by far this is my favorite resort in Siesta to get away for a few days....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KimiSarasota
Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My boyfriend and I had a really great experience here. We got Cottage 4, which I was a little nervous about because of the murphy bed (I definitely did not want to sleep on a thin murphy bed mattress). We were really pleasantly surprised. The place has a lot of character and is very old Florida. Cottage 4 doesn’t seem to be the most luxurious cottage (some of the others seemed to be a little more updated), but it turned out to be very comfortable, very clean, and everything we needed to enjoy Siesta Key. In particular, the mattress was really comfortable and great to sleep on. The bathroom was a little small but seemed to be pretty recently renovated. A great part about Cottage 4 is the beach view – you can see the ocean from the porch, which was really nice.

The grounds and staff were excellent. The place has a lot of character, and the gardens were fun to explore and hang out in. Beachpoint Resort provides you with everything you might need to enjoy the beach – umbrellas, chairs, etc. When our first umbrella didn’t work, a staff member helped me pick out a sturdier umbrella and gave me the tool to dig a better hold. He was extremely friendly and helpful. The price of our room ($139 off season) seemed to be really good compared to other hotels in the area that are that close to the beach. The cleaning fee did seem a little silly to me (why wouldn’t that just be included in the price?), but that would probably be one of my only complaints.

Extremely close to the beach to the village, so we could walk everywhere, which was wonderful. I will definitely be staying here again, and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cottage 4 - again, beach view, but not the most updated cottage!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Beachpoint Resort is our kind of place. With all the amenities of a one bedroom apartment to the ability to park your car and never drive the rest of the trip - all the pleasures of our family's vacation. A walk across the street will get you to the beautiful beaches and after a short walk to town, all the stores and restaurants are available for you to enjoy. This was our second time to stay at the Resort and we will be back! Mike always feels us welcome.

Room Tip: There are many different floor plans available. Check the website for floor plans.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Beach point Resort was the PERFECT place for us. The resort and rooms were extremely clean, fresh, newly painted with a fun tropical theme in each of the rooms. We were able to cook our own meals, BBQ and if we felt the desire to go out we were only moments away from Siesta Key Village. The location of Beach Point in my opinion is one the best on Siesta Key as it is located at the quiet end of the beach (north end i believe) and only moments away from several restaurants and shopping and of course a breath away from the best beach in the US!
From the moment we woke up we had sun in several locations throughout the grounds however there is also ample shade, outdoor tables, tiki huts, twinkle lights, fountains, bird feeders, and fun art sculptures located on the grounds. It is a very private, interesting and quiet oasis. Available for rent are amazing roadster bikes and paddles boards and kayaks if you're up for an adventure. Beach Point provides free beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers and floatation devices if you require.
We stayed for a month and I have full intent of returning. Thank you Beach Point Point for making our time in Sarasota so relaxed and fun! See you again in August!

Room Tip: Trust what the owner recommends as he is extremely experienced! He picked the perfect room for us ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tannis121253
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

THE AREA:
I planned a trip to Siesta key for a month - SOLO. From mid April to mid May 2013.
I had never been to Sarasota / Siesta Key before, so knew very little about the general area.
I began my search for accommodations about a month before I was to get there. I happened upon Beachpoint Resort on Google.
I had called numerous resorts, and most were run by third party management companies, with limited answers to my queries..
Beachpoint is owner operated. I called the owner (Mike) and he spent a lot of time with me on the phone, accommodating all of my repeated questions about his resort, and the location.
He informed me that there were differences between staying farther south on Siesta Key (closer to the large public beach), and staying at the north end, by his resort - and a quieter beach.
And there are BIG differences.
The south public beach may have facilities, but it is huge, crowded, and a generally full parking lot.
*But be sure to catch the Drum Circle here every Sunday evening.

The beach at the north end is stunning, with an ever changing sand bar. This beach is used by locals and tourists staying at the north end - and within walking distance. There is no parking lot here to accommodate throngs of people driving in from elsewhere.
It is quiet, safe and family friendly - and across the street from Beachpoint Resort.
I was traveling alone, and felt no issues leaving my towel and bag of valuables sitting unattended while walking and swimming. Ladies, you will not feel that old "do I look ok in this bikini?" stress at this beach.
I have seen Dolphins, Manatee and countless small fish and Rays at this beach. And an array of water birds, including Pelicans, Egrets and Cormorants.
It really is quaint, friendly, uncrowded and relaxed. Make sure you go to the beach for sunset, many friendly people attend.
Beachpoint Resort is also about block from Siesta Key Village, and the Village is where the charm of Siesta key is.
People staying near the south public beach need to find transportation to the Village, there is not much parking available around the shops and restaurants, mostly valet - and limited.
I was able to walk to and from the Village easily, and felt very safe doing so alone.
THE RESORT:
Beachpoint is exactly what you see. It is not the Hilton, it IS however, beachy, inviting, relaxed, friendly, and CHARMIMG.
From Neptune to the Mermaid, to the painted signs, you know you are in a place of creativity. The grounds are a mix of gathering places, with old Florida charm. The shaded courtyard is one of the best parts about this place. "If" you want to make yourself available, you can make new friends, and intermingle with other guests. I made some new friends, and even did some activities with them.
In fact, I inherited unused items (laundry soap, etc) from outgoing guests, and in turn, I did the same when I was leaving. People are just so relaxed and friendly here.
There are plants and trees, bird feeders, squirrels, and Mikes dog "Boy" to make you feel relaxed. There are even dancing lights in the courtyard at night to give added charm while you relax with a glass of wine.
There is onsite laundry, wifi, beach buggies that include a noodle, umbrella, and a cooler. There are also paddle boards and beach chairs. Very friendly and accommodating cleaning staff.
The units are quaint, clean, equipped with what you need, and invite you to feel at home. I stayed in Suite 5, a large efficiency - perfect.
The owner (Mike) is always puttering around, and will advise you on things to do, and places to go. But be patient, he is there to run his business....but will stop to socialize when he can. He is a wealth of information!!....and as charming as his Resort.
He is there if you need something - as opposed to a condo that you are entirely left to fend for yourself in.
I would and will stay there again and again.
Most of the people I met there were either multiple year repeat guests, or first timers that were pre booking their next years vacation before they left.
I can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
13 Thank Peggy-Sue A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have stayed here many times and offen occupy several units. We live in sarasota but enjoy long weekends at the beach. We always have a blast. The location and amenities are hard to beat
All units have a kitchen and we often use the grills.

• Stayed May 2013