All reviews beach point laid back siesta key village across the street shady areas beach chairs old florida fire pit tropical plants key west style some tlc tiki hut within walking distance location is ideal a great stay the property manager central air
Reviewed 28 September 2013

1st trip to Siesta Key. This was my husband's and my first trip away without the little kids! After searching through almost all SK inns/B&Bs and small hotels, even condos, I picked this one because I insisted on being able to see the beach from my room. Plus, I thought it sounded nice to be near SK Village. I would probably have put a 5 if we had been able to get Room 3 as I preferred, but it was booked. Room 4 was rustic, small but clean, as advertised, and we wanted to have some budget for dining out. So I think this was a pretty good deal. We could lie in bed and look out the window at the beach. A public access trail/ green space to the beach is literally right across the street. This section of beach is very wide and although it was a little mucky from the recent storms, we could tell it was normally very beautiful. We enjoyed the beach as much as possible. Although this property has bikes, kayaks, paddleboards and other things for guests, we rented beach cruisers from BVO in the Village because this resort's bikes aren't supposed to go on the beach. We found Siesta Key, Sarasota, and Longboat Key overall to be beautiful, fun, friendly, and most important of all, gluten-free friendly which is crucial to us.

Room Tip: Room 4 was clean, comfortable, basic. It could use a repaired towel rack in the bathroom and repaired blinds for the front window. Hard to beat the view and convenience of this place though!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Without a doubt the best bang for your vacation $! Clean, perfect location to north end beach. It is almost like a private beach!! Gas grills, great deck for socializing and very reasonably priced. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beachpoint is our annual 'staycation' spot! It has all the charm of old florida/key west and is ideally located directly across from the beach. If you are looking for maid service, room service, and 800 thread count sheets -don't bother. If you want to wear flip flops 24 hrs a day, have restaurants and bars a stone's throw away and easy access to a beautiful beach -you have found your place! The patio / deck area has a definite Key West vibe. Plenty of tables, chairs, grills -great place to have morning coffee or grill out in the evening. Each room is a little different -some more kitschy than others- but all very welcoming. These are what beach cottages used to be like -and still should be! Great place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter (5,6,7)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I just love this charming resort. It is ideally located near sunset point, the old pier in Siesta Key. They are just adorable little cottages with fully equipped kitchens and just the right size property. There are bikes, toys, ice chests, beach carts, rafts, and even paddle boards available to use right on the property. I live in Sarasota near downtown and by far this is my favorite resort in Siesta to get away for a few days....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KimiSarasota
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My boyfriend and I had a really great experience here. We got Cottage 4, which I was a little nervous about because of the murphy bed (I definitely did not want to sleep on a thin murphy bed mattress). We were really pleasantly surprised. The place has a lot of character and is very old Florida. Cottage 4 doesn’t seem to be the most luxurious cottage (some of the others seemed to be a little more updated), but it turned out to be very comfortable, very clean, and everything we needed to enjoy Siesta Key. In particular, the mattress was really comfortable and great to sleep on. The bathroom was a little small but seemed to be pretty recently renovated. A great part about Cottage 4 is the beach view – you can see the ocean from the porch, which was really nice.

The grounds and staff were excellent. The place has a lot of character, and the gardens were fun to explore and hang out in. Beachpoint Resort provides you with everything you might need to enjoy the beach – umbrellas, chairs, etc. When our first umbrella didn’t work, a staff member helped me pick out a sturdier umbrella and gave me the tool to dig a better hold. He was extremely friendly and helpful. The price of our room ($139 off season) seemed to be really good compared to other hotels in the area that are that close to the beach. The cleaning fee did seem a little silly to me (why wouldn’t that just be included in the price?), but that would probably be one of my only complaints.

Extremely close to the beach to the village, so we could walk everywhere, which was wonderful. I will definitely be staying here again, and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cottage 4 - again, beach view, but not the most updated cottage!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple