“Great value, location and relaxing place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Beachpoint Cottages
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Came down for my nephews wedding and we stayed at this fun, and laid back resort. We stayed in cottage #6, very nice, could use update in bathroom with working light switch, and the vanity and shower area could use some TLC. We couldn't get internet in the cottage had to go outside and sit by King Neptune that was a little annoying, but Mike tried to help in getting the internet to work, but I adjusted. Overall the place is very clean, and close to the village, we rode bikes that are at the resort for guest to use, we went to the beach which is just the best, they provide chairs and umbrellas for you to use at the beach. Overall we would come back in a heartbeat, loved it. Next visit will be longer for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise806

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at Beachpoint Resort on two different occasions over the past year and half. Our last visit was in November 2013 and we brought our adult children with us for our marriage. We were seven in total and rented two, very-well appointed rooms from our host Mike and we couldn't have been happier. The total package at Beachpoint is what it's all about - you are in walking distance to Siesta Key Village and you are across the street from the gorgeous sands that make Siesta Key Beach such a desirable destination. Mike and his staff were very hospitable and we had everything we would possibly need - if we didn't, all we had to do was ask and there is was! We will be returning to Beachpoint Resort every chance we get. . . the next visit can't come soon enough! Keep up the great work, Mike.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very laid-back, casual living right across the street from the best beach and sunsets in the USA! The old world Florida feel to the resort and cottages pull me and my best friend from NY back here again and again. It's not the Ritz, but Mike the owner, supplies all the essentials and everything you need for a relaxing beach vacation...even lounge chairs and umbrellas! It's on a quiet street but a short walk to the village where the music, restaurants, and bars can be found. (I recommend the Lobster Pot and SunGarden for the best food!)
Everything is always kept very clean and every year we visit, some new improvement has been made to the grounds.
Keep it up, Mike. We LOVE our "mermaid palace"!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sgatbeach
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This place was recommended to me by a resident of Sarasota who had stayed at these cottages several times. I am absolutely thrilled that I followed her suggestion and spent my Fall Break here. There were so many things I loved. The cottages were clean and well maintained. The owner is very careful to maintain the area, water the plants, keep the deck clean. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The cottages are stocked with everything from a coffee pot to a blender to beach towels! I rented #s 2 and 3. My parents (76 and 80) stayed in one cottage; my son, daughter-in-law, and I stayed in the other. These two cottages have a wonderful view of the beach. I loved my morning coffee on the porch swing enjoying the beauty of the beach.

There are wonderful carts to load up with beach supplies;coolers are attached to pack full of sandwiches. My son and daughter-in-law packed a cart every time they headed to the beach. Umbrellas are available, bikes are available, lawn chairs are available; this is a real place to vacation.

My favorite part of this facility is the atmosphere around the outside of the cottages. There are tables, plants, playful signs and ornaments, a gorgeous deck, and a generally relaxed atmosphere. With the wonderful weather, we enjoyed being outside as much as possible. Within a couple of blocks is the Siesta Village.

Room Tip: Cottages 2 and 3 have wonderful views of the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I were invited to a wedding down here (Anna Maria Island) and wanted to stay close to the Siesta Key Village (bars, restaurants, shopping, groceries, etc) as well as being as close to the beach as possible. Beachpointe was literally the perfect place for this. Although you are not staying in a 4 Seasons, our cottage (#3) was more than enough for what we needed it for (sleeping, showering, the occasion hour of lounging before dinner). The large, open patio and multitude of tables and chairs allowed for all guests to have their own spot outside, as well as the ability to congregate together if desired, or with multiple families / couples to hang out together.

Although we needed a car to travel to Anna Maria Island for the wedding, you really do not need one if staying in the Siesta area. A cab from the airport couldn't be too expensive (20 - 25 min ride) and you can walk to the beach and the village, which has all you need. We did venture to Ophelia's On The Bay (Pricey but worth every penny) for a nice dinner one night and Walt's Fish Market (also very good & more casual) for some fresh fish, but the food in the Village was very good as well.

Overall, we would definitely stay at this place again and we would ideally like to get a few of our friends to come back with us, as this place would be perfect for a multiple family / couple vacation.

Thanks for a great week BeachPointe!

Room Tip: Cottage #3 was great. Beach Front may not be what you are used to, as it's on the opposite side...
1  Thank btbeam
Reviewed 28 September 2013

1st trip to Siesta Key. This was my husband's and my first trip away without the little kids! After searching through almost all SK inns/B&Bs and small hotels, even condos, I picked this one because I insisted on being able to see the beach from my room. Plus, I thought it sounded nice to be near SK Village. I would probably have put a 5 if we had been able to get Room 3 as I preferred, but it was booked. Room 4 was rustic, small but clean, as advertised, and we wanted to have some budget for dining out. So I think this was a pretty good deal. We could lie in bed and look out the window at the beach. A public access trail/ green space to the beach is literally right across the street. This section of beach is very wide and although it was a little mucky from the recent storms, we could tell it was normally very beautiful. We enjoyed the beach as much as possible. Although this property has bikes, kayaks, paddleboards and other things for guests, we rented beach cruisers from BVO in the Village because this resort's bikes aren't supposed to go on the beach. We found Siesta Key, Sarasota, and Longboat Key overall to be beautiful, fun, friendly, and most important of all, gluten-free friendly which is crucial to us.

Room Tip: Room 4 was clean, comfortable, basic. It could use a repaired towel rack in the bathroom and repaire...
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Without a doubt the best bang for your vacation $! Clean, perfect location to north end beach. It is almost like a private beach!! Gas grills, great deck for socializing and very reasonably priced. We highly recommend this property.

1  Thank Michael C
Hyatt Residence Club Sarasota, Siesta Key Beach
Captiva Beach Resort
Captiva Beach Resort
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Beachpoint Cottages? Share your experiences!