“Siesta Key Public Beach”
Review of Siesta Beach

Siesta Beach
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Public swimming beach known for its clean, hard-packed sand.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Siesta Key Public Beach”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We went to Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota FL. after seeing it was voted the best Beach in the USA on Yahoo. I must say we weren't disappointed, if you haven't gone to Sarasota, please put it on your list of travel places.
The Beach is very family friendly, the Sand is like no other I've seen or felt in the world. I can say that because I also grew up in the Caribbean. The water is very warn and lifeguards are on duty, nice and shallow close to shore, great for kids. I'm sure there's lots of written materials on the area. Thanks to the internet we found this Gem. I recommend it 110%. Check out the link below

Visited June 2011

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great beach!”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

A very nice beach. Although it can be busy, that would be the only downside. Great clear water, soft smooth sand, and if you can go during an off-peak time you don't have to worry about crowds too much.

Cincinnati, Ohio
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We took our 14 month old son to this beach - it was his first beach experience and I think we might have spoiled him!

The water was clear and warm, the sand is like powder - so soft and beautiful!

If you park in the main parking area, it is a bit of a hassle - they have it set up strange so you can only travel one way and if a car decides to wait in the middle of a row for someone to pull out, it blocks the whole line of cars. Aside from walking to the beach, I don't know how to avoid this so just be prepared to wait.

There are lifeguards on the beach and they are very watchful and attentive. There are also a few rental places on the beach to rent umbrellas and lounge chairs from. They will even drill a hole for your umbrella.

There is also a beach "wheelchair" next to the parking lot for handicapped people.

There is volleyball and also an area with bathrooms and a snack bar.

GREAT BEACH!

1 Thank Navilla
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It is more than the sand, but ohhhhh my goodness that sand!”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I just returned yesterday from a 10 day visit to Siesta Key (Municipal) Beach. I've been going there for many years and each year I return I feel like a kid again. The sand is a spectacular fine white powder and so white it's cool to the feet even on the hottest sunny days. And the 40 acre stretch at the municipal beach is the softest, cleanest (because this stretch of the beach is raked overnight each day) part of the key

But there's more to it. Siesta Beach is the only beach on the key with professional lifeguards watching over everyone, especially so that they stay safe. It has a pavilion with food and rest rooms, and lots of sand volleyball courts. Just off the beach in the park are lots of picnic tables and grills, a ball field, tennis courts and a playground.

There are accommodations (condos, town homes) for rent all around the beach. Weekdays parking is easy. Weekends, it's harder so get their by 10:30 am to have a shot at beach parking, otherwise you park a block or two away.

2 Thank rickasap
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The beach made up for the parking!”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This beach is the first beach that I've been to in the U.S. where I can put my hand under the water and still be able to see it. So I was very excited about that! The water was clear blue-green. It was almost like being in the caribbean. The sand...where do I begin! lol. The was white, powdery, and very cool to the touch, even after being under the hot sun all day. Although parking was a hastle (which only tells me that I need to make out there earlier in the day), Siesta Key beach and the gulf cost made up for it.

3 Thank fabi11210