“Best property on Crescent Beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Crescent Tower Beachfront
Illinois
“Best property on Crescent Beach”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Crescent Towers many times and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when visiting Siesta Key. I have also stayed there with friends a few times. It is the best place to stay on Crescent Beach!! Step out of the unit and your toes are in the sand!! No waiting for elevators!! You are absolutely on the beach!! The management has always been friendly and helpful! Love the new umbrella service on the beach! The guys putting up the umbrellas were also very accommodating on location of umbrellas and beach chairs. The property has convenient parking and also is a very safe area. There are great places to eat and shop within walking distance. Grocery stores are also close by. We have stayed in numerous different units and all have been clean, well equipped and comfortable. We don't do much cooking when there but but kitchens seem to always have everything we need. The pool is pretty large and very nice, usually not too crowded. Can't wait for my next trip!

Room Tip: I prefer the lower level beachfront units. You open your sliding glass door and you are on the bea...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank G H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

It's Crescent Towers, beach front units for me or nothing else! NOTHING is better than walking out the lanai and onto the whitest softest sand in the world. Having surveyed other accommodations by walking up and down the beach, you too will find this place to be one of the nicest stays. Since 2004 and years forward, I have stayed at units #33,35, and 9, and all were in top condition. Ok might be asking... Hmmm, any dislike? Well ...yes I have a couple. 1) The tables on the patio should "only" be for lower beach front occupants. 2) The place should be renamed because a two-story hardly constitutes a tower. I'm Doug Haskins from Dayton Ohio and I approve this comment.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Doug H
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at Crescent Towers last September for a week. This was my second trip to Siesta key and my first time staying right ON the beach. My unit was #10 and was everything I needed and wanted. The first glimpse of the ocean as I opened my door for the first time took my breath away. Sitting on the balcony and watching/listening to the ocean was pure heaven. The location was perfect for everything I wanted to do. I walked the beach to the village every day and had ice cream at the Orange Octopus almost every day.
I love places that have rules and actually enforce them! I have stayed at many places that don't and it doesn't make for a fun stay. I found management to be extremely friendly and helpful at all times and I also felt very safe there, being a solo traveler. I would highly recommend Crescent Towers and especially #10 and if I wasn't going to Alaska and Hawaii this year I'd be going back in a flash! See you in 2015 and I'm staying for 2 weeks this time :)

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor, right in the middle of the building and I didn't hear a peep from any ot...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank daisydoesdenver
Fisher, Illinois
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have vacationed at Crescent Towers for the last 6 years. We have stayed in units in both the poolside and beachside buildings. We LOVE being in the 2nd story beach side units where we can soak up the beautiful view of the beach, watch the gorgeous sunsets, and leave the patio door open at night to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean.

The units are all individually owned with onsite property management. The manager, Kathy, and the other ladies in the office have always been very helpful. Since the units are all individually owned, they vary in regards to furnishings. Some are more updated than others, but we have found all the different units we've stayed in comfortable. There are laundry facilities, grills, shuffleboard and a pool onsite.

Most of our time is spent soaking up the sun on the the beautiful white sand Crescent Beach. This year, a new beach service has been added. Lounges and umbrellas are set up each morning by a beach attendant down near the water and taken down in the late afternoon. We really appreciate that there is such a nice wide beach and we are able to have a little piece of it all to ourselves. Everyone can spread out rather than guests being right beside each other like some other beaches we've been to. We also enjoy long walks on the beach once or twice a day.

We also enjoy spending lots of time at Captain Curt's and the Sniki Tiki. The food and drinks there are good and they have a really fun staff. We also recommend Clayton's (behind Captain Curt's) for breakfast. Recommended restaurants in Siesta Village are Daiquiri Deck, Siesta Key Oyster Bar and the Village Cafe. Siesta Key Village is roughly a 3 mile drive. There are various free beach ride options available to and from the Village. All operate on a "tips only" basis. On the "mainland", we like Harry's Sports Bar & Grill, Phillippe Creek, Sarasota Brewing Company and The Ale House.

We have enjoyed our vacations at Crescent Towers and always look forward to going back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V_T_7777
South Shore MA
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location is great, but that's about it. The staff should be required to go to "hospitality reform school". They were both rude on the phone and in person. The "welcome" consisted of reading a written page of all the things you can't do ( take towels from the bathroom outside, park anywhere but assigned space, move beach chairs, etc.) Then, Kathy , the so called manager, informed me that "good thing you're short and light, cause the mattress on the pull out couch is really thin". Gee, wish I was told that months before when I made the reservation for three adults! All in all it was a fiasco .... I finally got a small refund, since I only stayed three days.
Unit 5 has old ,ugly, broken down furniture and a sleep sofa that must be 25 years old . Please ask lots of questions before going ahead with a booking here. I ended up down the street at a MUCH nicer place, where customer service was top notch.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 5!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank elleng8255
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been spending the month of January at Crescent Towers for several years. My sisters and I have also been there twice for a girls getaway. We like to stay on the first floor in the end Unit 41. It has recently been updated with some new furniture and decor. The kitchen has everything we need for the cooking we do while we're there. I enjoy the beach and the pool. The new beach service is great! Kathy and the other ladies in the office are always friendly and helpful. We love our stays at Crescent Towers!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bevpilgram
London
Reviewed 22 January 2014

You cant get much closer to the beach without actually sleeping on it! This was my second visit for Christmas and New Year at Crescent Towers Beachfront staying in Apartment 40 (highly recommended). I have to say that this apartment is excellent, it is pristine and very well maintained and has all the mod cons including a large flat screen television. The terrace overlooks three miles of the whitest beach you have ever seen and new this year was the beach service. This is very impressive, all the sun beds and yellow umbrellas are laid out on the beach at 9am every day by the beach attendant (on duty all day) and are only for the use of residents, never a problem finding a good spot and the money in this new service was well invested. I really like Crescent Towers, right on the beach, it is very well maintained and Cathy, the manager, is always very helpful. I look forward to my next visit and am already looking at availability! Don't forget to pop across to Captain Curts....they still have the best chowder, ribs and shrimp....they also have great staff!

Room Tip: I have stayed in 34 and 40 and both are great. 2 or 12 are great options too, I had a look at those...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends