“Excellent Peruvian food”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our second trip to Siesta Key and our second visit to Javier's. We decided to return because of how much we enjoyed it the first time. It did not disappoint!

The wait staff was again friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. They offer an extensive and varied menu. I had the Peruvian surf and turf - skewered filet tips and shrimp with plantains, yuca frita and black bean rice. My friend had a seafood blend over linguini. Both entrees were delicious. For dessert, we chose the chocolate torte. Best dessert all week!!!!

If we are fortunate enough to return to Siesta Key again, dinner at Javier's will be on the 'to do' list.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family, friends and I make sure we go to Javiers every vacation for bananas foster. It is amazing and nothing else can compare, as far as other bananas foster. Their other desserts are great too, but we always get two bananas foster each!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went to Javier's to celebrate a birthday, and our family of 8 adults was glad we had chosen it. The service was friendly and attentive, and the food good. There are many choices for appetizers as well as well as entrees. It was a fun atmosphere and that contributed to our positive feelings. The restaurant is not fancy, but you will enjoy it if you eat there.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have been coming to Siesta Key for years and wish we had eaten here earlier. The $25 menu is an amazing value. Food is great, portions huge, service and atmosphere excellent.
would like to return soon.

1  Thank david999
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I shared a series of small plates and were extremely pleased with the quality of the food and the service. One of the most unique and interesting meals I have ever had, with every dish a new (and delicious) adventure. Even the plantains, normally a humble dish, were a high point. The wine list was varied and we found plenty of good selections and reasonable prices.

Not what we had expected to find in a small stripmall along a Florida beach road => which, of course, made it even more charming. There isn't much I would come back for in Siesta Key, but Javier's might be worth the trip. One of the best meals I've ever had.

1  Thank bearwald