Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“"Almost" Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

1st let me say this is a Beautiful Property. The service overall was comparable to the Ritz Carlton & 4 Seasons. Great attention to detail. My only complaint had to go with Housekeeping (Old toothpaste still in sink AFTER they cleaned and a poor overall cleaning job even with me leaving large tips). Also I had a problem with getting a Beach Cabana that I felt bordered on Racism. The policy for obtaining Cabanas was not clear and certainly there were special rules broken for certain customers. On the day I wrote this review I was still at the property and very upset........So please take my critique in the proper perspective. I was so mad I wanted to give the property 1 Star.....However, in fairness they deserve 4.5 Stars overall. A little improvement in customer service will push it into 5 or 6 star stratosphere. Overall EXCELLENT!

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank drcook1906
HSKB, General Manager at Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
We apologize that you experienced issues during your stay here with us. I have personally addressed your concerns with housekeeping and recreation areas. We strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable and consistent experience and appreciate the feedback you provided so it allows us to address your concerns. Edward Braunlich, Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stayed last November over Thanksgiving. Only just getting round to posting a review now...and I am mainly doing so to post the pics of this fabulous hotel. We go to Sarasota every year and are (were) solid Ritz patrons. We decided to experiment with the Hyatt because it looked fab and was right on the beach (taking the bus to the Ritz beach club is a pain) and the rooms are all suites - 2 bed and up which is so much better than hoping for an Amex upgrade.

The accommodations are extremely well appointed. We had a 2 bedroom / 3 bath unit with a den with pullout couch. Full kitchen (high end appliances - Wolf stove, Sub Z fridge). The kitchen even had a pod espresso maker and Keurig coffee maker. Full dining room / balcony with 4 seater table. Living room and all bedrooms with flat screen TVs. Master bedroom had a steam shower and heated toilet seat. We were very impressed.

The staff were very well trained. Very. From the complimentary valet parking to the super smooth check-in everything was well done. The housekeeping was supurb. The place was spotless. Absolutely no complaints about the staff although I may grumble a tad about the concierge later...

The beach and location is perfect. They have lovely padded beach chairs and umbrellas. Brought us out extra umbrellas when they saw how white us Northerners were! Had to force a tip on them...really just seemed to want us to be happy. Lots of inflatable toys available for the kids and beach volley ball. They also have a movie shown at the pool once a week. My kids loved to watch it floating in the pool.
They do a really good free (or should I say, included) continental breakfast. Fresh fruit / juices / bagels / cereal etc. The usual but good fresh quality.

Now for my gripes. And I am almost forcing myself to write them since I enjoyed my stay so much, however they are:
1. The pool is just too small for the hotel. It just is. There was plenty of room to make it bigger, why they didn't is a mystery.
2. There is only one elevator to get from the valet to the check in. This is the same elevator used to get from the room down to the beach / pool. One elevator took WAY too long almost every time we used it (many times a day).
3. There is no restaurant on site. The food choice at the pool was limited at best. They have contracted with Morton’s for sandwiches but there was little choice - Like chicken or turkey wrap for lunch...that's it. Also very poorly run. They ran out of vanilla ice-cream the second day we were there (I think my kids ate it all, seriously). But they never restocked for the remainder of our stay. **Disclaimer - when we were there they guy running the bar told me they would be expanding the offerings in December so this might have already been improved upon. **
4. The concierge seemed a little, well, green. He really couldn't tell us about any new restaurants in the area. Made some suggestions from looking through a book but hadn't any personal experience.
5. The second bedroom had a queen bed in it. I don't think there is an option for a second room with two beds in. My kids do not want to share a bed and kicked up quite a fuss till we got the pullout couch in the den made up. Most of the rooms don't have this den so that means a sleeper in the living room or kids sharing a bed. Pain.

Most of my complaints are minor and I am really only posting them since someone out there must be like me and want to know as much as possible before booking! I guess the most telling thing I can say is that we have already booked to go back this year....that says more than this review ever could.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank SUNNYBLUE1234
Evansville, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Beautiful................the room, the beach, the weather. The best place I have ever stay.
I hope to come back and bring family. A little pricey but worth it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DebEvansville_IN
Galena, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

Flew into RSW, arrived at 10, got rental car and we pulled into the valet parking by noon. Our room (607- center-6th fl, oceanfront) was ready, even though check in isn't until 4.

What a beautiful room! There were just two of us, and the unit could easily have handled more guests. We of course took the main master, but there is a second one, and a den with bath and an additional 1/2 bath. Their is a foyer entrance, and the 1/2 bath and laundry room are off this area. Did I mentiohn the toilet in the master? It's heated, is also a bidet, and believe it had a drying feature. Scared me, we did not use any of the features, but I did take a pic of it!

The kitchen was top notch, Viking stove, coffee machine, expresso machine, 2 drawer dishwasher...all top of the line. We did not cook at all, but I did look through the cupboards and you'd probably have to ask for some pots and pans if you really intend to cook a meal. AND...according to what I read, all you need to do is ask. There were 2 grills poolside, for guests use. Their is a foyer entrance, and the 1/2 bath and laundry room are off this area.

Beds were comfy, and the showers were amazing. You could have a party in those alone as they are huge with a choice of waterfall faucet, or traditional spray, AND 2 benches.

All the "zones" in the units are individually climate controlled so you could have the bedroom a few degrees cooler than the main areas. I cannot tell you how many flat panel TV's there were, we only used 2; in the main living area, and in the master bath.
The Hyatt does provide starter dish soap, paper towel, and laundry detergent as well as SPA brand amenities in the bathrooms. This is not however a "hotel" per se so no real cleaning done during our stay, which was fine with us. We had daily replenishments of coffee, expresso, and fresh towels and tipped each day for that service.

Complimentay breakfast is served each day and is delivered fresh from a deli in Sarasota. We went twice in 6 days. If you are looking for a hot breakfast, go elsewhere but we were happy with the yogurt, fresh breads, crereals, hard boiled eggs, fruit and juice. The USA Today paper is delivered to your room each morning, along with a list of activities. We did not partake in any of these.

There is a tiki bar poolside, and we did have a beer there one day, and a margarita another day, but it was a very quiet bar. They also have food from the deli available for a salad or sandwich at lunch, but we did not try any of it.

Service was exceptional everywhere we went, from the beach to the lobby, to the valet folks working the parking garage. Most accepted tips, one valet employee refused, said it was his job to get our car. Every single person we spoke to wanted to make sure we didn't need anything.

There is a wheeled cooler and a beach bag in the laundry room for the guest use, ice available from the parking valet so you can pack your own cooler for the beach. There is no beach service for food and drink, but guests can use the kayaks, and floats in the ocean. Beach towels are poolside. You need your room key to navigate anywhere on the property, which keeps it private.

The Hyatt is located at the south end of the beach, walking distance to the 7-Eleven, Capt Curt's, and Clayton's Grille, but you'll need a car to get to the village which is about 3 miles up the road.

It was enjoyable! If the travel channel would quit talking up Siesta as one of the top beaches int he world, maybe it would not be so crowded, ...Hyatt never felt crowded at all, but there were swarms of people on the beach.

Kudos to all at the Hyatt, you made for a fantastic vacation for us!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelerSL
HSKB, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Thank you for the kind words about our property and staff. Our team takes great pride in making our fractional ownership resort a relaxing and enjoyable home away from home. We hope you continue to enjoy the shores of Crescent Beach for many years to come.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

From the moment you are greeted by the valet, which is complimentary, the process is all very easy and slick. Right on the beautiful beach you could not ask for a better setting. Excellent facilities within the hotel, around the pool and on the beach. On our last morning we even got to see dolphins. The only small niggle is about the uncomfortable pull out bed in the den. Having spent two nights at the Ritz Carlton and then two at the Hyatt, next time we would pick the Hyatt for the whole stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FizzChick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

I've never had a room this big and beautiful. I do not feel my words can do justice to how wonderful a place this is. My friend called the room palatial. It is so great, I hesitate to write this review for fear that it will sell out the next spring break I want to visit Siesta Key. It only has 44 rooms, so the excellent staff is not overburdened. The whole resort is so wonderful, you feel like you are getting your money's worth. So many "extras" are included. ie Cabanas, bikes, canoes, lounges, grills, and water. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Water view is a must
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HappyMichigander
Woodruff, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

The staff was great. They really go out of there way to make your trip worry free.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sarasota

Been to Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club? Share your experiences!