“Brandy to the rescue.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nestled in Siesta Key Village, The Cottage is a casual and quaint, old Florida beach house with a menu that will never disappoint. Our fusion cuisine appeals to locals and globe trekkers alike with Latin American, Asian and Hawaiian influences. We offer indoor dining and two options for outdoor seating--a front patio that overlooks The Siesta Key Village, and a garden-setting back patio with live music nightly 7pm-close. Happy Hour runs Monday - Friday from 11:00am-6:00pm. Late Night Happy Hour offered Friday and Saturday evenings from 10pm to 1am. Known for attention to fine food, lovely cocktails and great service, The Cottage has quickly become everything that is raved about on TripAdvisor and more.
Orlando, Florida
“Brandy to the rescue.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The restaurant was very busy the night I dined. We waited for 45 minutes which was longer than told by the hostess. We squeezed into the bar dining but really wanted to sit out back. Finally a table was open but not outside. Took a while to get the food we ordered are the bar. However we still enjoyed it. Brandy still picked up that we weren't happy and arranged for us to sit outside as initially wanted. She also gave us an appetizer for free. It was a beautiful night. Thanks Brandy!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Meyerhouse1

Sarasota, Florida
“Not much ambiance but fantastic food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Cottage is on a side street in Siesta Key Village --- so there is not much of a view. That said, sitting outside on the front porch is the most desirable place to be to people watch. The food, however, makes up for any lack of view. This time we had the Porch salad with grilled chicken and the Cottage burger. Both were fantastic. The salad was a chopped green salad with dried cranberries, avocado and pecans topped with chargrilled chicken. Delish! The burger was a 1/2 lb of wonderfully grilled ground beef served on a rosemary bun. Also divine. It was served with house made white and blue potato chips and crispy plantain strips. The lunch menu--although small, is diverse enough to offer something for everyone and prices are reasonable. Our lunch for two came to about $38.00 including tax and tip. Worth every penny!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jonsha
Brewster, New York
“Siesta Key Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here while on vacation and were pleasantly surprised. The place doesn't look like anything special but the outside seating was pleasant with a nice casual outdoor dining space in the back. Our energetic, attentive, and entertaining waiter Jason was very helpful and helped us hone in on the meals and cocktails that we were looking for. I got the skirt steak and maybe because I hadn't had a skirt steak in so long I was blown away. It was cooked perfectly served over plantains with red beets. My wife had a pasta and seafood dish which I also tried and this was equally impressive. Definitely a little pricey but not relative to other restaurants in the area.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brad P
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The "foodee" in me was well served!! The food was amazing and the service was great!! I will definitely recommend and come back!

Ottawa, Canada
“Lucky choice of restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Generally when I go on vacation, I like to plan out where I eat so I can avoid disappointments. Tired and hungry from walking down Siesta Key Beach, we stumbled across the village and found several restaurants on this Avenida Messina. We checked out each menu but The Cottage seemed to have the best variety and most interesting dishes. I hadn't even noticed the "Recommended by tripadvisor" sticker in the window.
We took seats on the patio and our server, Gabrielle, was quick to provide us with excellent jalapeño/watermelon margaritas and run through the specials. I was sold on a starter of oysters and the tuna sashimi tacos, while my wife tried the burger. Both of use were extremely pleased with our meals and we would highly recommend this place to anyone.