“Great Service,Clean room, Great Staff Going Back.”

Captiva Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
N Fort Myers,Florida. USA
“Great Service,Clean room, Great Staff Going Back.”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 days as a little getaway.We were very happy with our room but especially with office manager her name was Debi Brooks between her and the daytime house-keeping crew both also named Debbie the 3rd lady we are sorry to say did not get her name but they all treated us like family and went over and above our expectations.We visit Siesta Keys several times a year and normally stay in town by the Oyster bar never again we will be going back to Captiva Resort thank you again to the staff and God Bless See you all again soon Stan & Dorothy Symanski

Room Tip: Let Ms Brooks know your needs she will accomidate.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dottie41159

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Last minute trip an we had a blast very relaxing an the sunsets were breathtaking. Priceless. Rooms are very clean could use updating. Eran was very helpful in finding information on different things we can do and extra towels were provided. Back to the north but see you next year Captiva!

• Stayed April 2011
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Room #26 - tiny room, white walls, tacky decor, 70's vintage pull-out sofa and rickety bed and an antique hair blow dryer. Unfortunately we did not have a room with "a view". Through one of the windows one could see a washing machine and through the other window one could see a water heater.

On the third morning we lost power and the water pressure was extremely low the entire time. Guests must take their own trash to the dumpster, rooms were not cleaned on a daily basis, and to obtain new toilet paper, the guest must present the empty roll (no lie)! Even though a coffee maker was provided, we had to purchase our own coffee, sugar and cream. There is $10.00 charge to rent a beach chair for the day, as none are provided. The office staff service was spotty.

Good points: very nice pool, cute little park-like setting and a short walk to the fabulous, white sandy beach. If the owner would invest some money in making some improvements/updates it would be worth the money. But as it stands right now there are better values just up the beach.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 29 January 2011

The little courtyard was lush and pretty. Everything was very clean and the equipment provided in the kitchen was top notch. Debbie was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in the larger two bedroom unit with 5 adults and were very comfortable. Only problem was one bathroom....Just a stones throw from the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. We will definately be back. Thanks Captiva!

The Weller's

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Captiva and enjoyed every minute of it.
I found Captiva while looking for a place on Siesta Key that was on/near the beach, affordable and safe for a female solo traveler. The Sara Sea Circle area had good reviews and I found a great rate on a very small room at Captiva. They clearly advertise that it is a small room with a small kitchen area intended for 1-2 people at the most. It sounded perfect for me and I booked it online. The next day, Debbie called to confirm that I understood how small the room was-how great is that? While on the phone, she also helpfully answered some of my questions about transportation, check in and other policies. Both the website and Debbie gave me an honest picture of what to expect. I do not understand other reviewers’ criticisms regarding the Captiva not meeting their expectations or having too many rules; they couldn’t possibly advertise any more honestly.
When I arrived after lobby hours, there was a friendly note indicating where to park and who to call if I had any problems. The room was very clean, small and a bit crowded, exactly true to the description. In the morning I met Debbie in person and she was amazing-nice, knowledgeable about the area and generous with her time. I spent most of my time at the beach but when frigid temperatures drove me indoors, Debbie had great recommendations for day trips and my room was always cozy and comfortable to come ‘home’ to.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank lizzywizard
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We Stayed at --THE CAPTIVA RESORT ---- a beautiful loction with a 5 min walk to beach. . THE CAPTIVA RESORT housekeepers awesome friendly PEOPLE. THIS WOULD BE MY # 1 PIC FOR LOVERS OR FAMILIES-they can do it all. Thanks to DEBBY who made my stay WONDERFUL ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Recently stayed at Captiva Beach Resort. The title pretty much says it all. I was trying to find a place that would not break the bank, and after much research, (with a little help from Trip Advisor) I came across the Captiva Beach resort. The staff was excellent and couldn't be more helpful and accomidating. There was a 9:30AM checkout, but we were able to stay a little bit later with no problems. The rooms however are very small, and the walls are kind'a thin. You could hear the next room, but that could be fixed by keeping the A/C on. It's a short walk to a private beach that's shared with several resorts in that immediate area. If you are looking for a very basic room at a decent price, consider the Captiva Beach Resort.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Turtle Beach Resort
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!