“A Realxing Trip Back in Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Captiva Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Westminster, MD
“A Realxing Trip Back in Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

Captiva Beach Resort is a beautiful, quiet, relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Robert, the manager/owner, could not be more accomodating. The rooms and the grounds are meticulously maintained. All types of restaurants and entertainment are close by. The beach is one of the best! It's only a very short walk from the resort. My wife and I have just completed our 8th visit there and we are looking forward to our next visit..

What I like least about Captiva Beach Resort - having to leave. :-(

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Athens, Ga.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2009

My wife and I took our 2 little girls and we absolutely loved it. Yes, it's an older resort but the landscaping was mature and beautiful. We ate breakfast and lunch everyday at the picnic tables in the lush grass courtyard in front of our room. Our room, Nick's Niche, was immaculately clean but we'll stay in their Jane's Junction room next year...it's a little larger. Short, 300 feet walk to beach is not too bothersome and quickly forgotten when your toes hit that cool 99% quartz sand. 1st time I've been in the ocean chest deep and could see the bottom. It seems as though October may be the best time to go. No crowds, sunny and 85 degrees everyday. We'll definitely go back next October to..."Our Place In The Sun".

Oh yeah, heated swimming pool!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
province of quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2009

we really enjoyed our stay.the room was wonderful and cozy.the owners are very friendly

and they make you feel at home.maybee a little pricee so what. we will definately go back

again next year

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

Stayed here last year and am a little late to post my review, but am catching up on writing about the places I stayed on the Gulf coast the past 12 months. Unless things have changed, I remember it just being okay. Yes, the place is pristine. Yes, it's located on some of the most beautiful, peaceful beach property in Florida. But I had mixed feelings about most else. This place has lots and lots of rules and the rooms are extremely tiny so leave the kids and rowdy travel companions at home!!! I remember there being a lot of rules about "additional fees" as well. So before you borrow anything, be sure to ask what it costs. Also, the parking at this property is stressful. The spaces are tight and strict rules apply. Heaven forbid if you have a load to carry down to the beach one day and drive your vehicle to one of the nearby properties to unload. Within seconds, someone came running out of a property next door to this hotel to inform us that he was towing us immediately. We explained we were simply unloading but he was still very unkind about the "minor offense." Siesta Key, in general, is a more uptight, stuffy and pretentious beach than others. Lights go out early (for good reason) and the town shuts down without much else to do. I'd recommend this hotel for older people only, or those without kids. And be prepared for a somewhat long walk to the beach if you're carrying heavy items. I think the owner and staff of this property care greatly about details. That's a good thing. But the facility is what it is...a well-kept, older property that is small and not all that exciting. I'm a quiet, clean, go-to-bed-early kind of person, and I still felt like I had to "walk on egg shells" the entire stay. Too structured and non-fun for me.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lake City Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

My family really enjoyed our stay at Captiva Beach resort. It is VERY CLEAN, PEACEFUL and VERY QUITE. We will definitly stay there again in the future. Highly recomend it for Fanily Vacations. If you do go just take some bug spray in case the No See um's Sand Fleas or what ever they are called are out. Usually they are at the beach after the rain. That is the only negitive thing I have to say. Its not about the resort, more about the beach. The Resort is in my book is Grade A +.
Anna Henry

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I took this trip to Siesta Key to renew our wedding vows, we stayed at the Captiva Beach Resort while we were there. It is very beautiful, old Florida style. The rooms are extremely clean. The rates are a little high in comparison to others in the immediate area, but may be worth the cost to some just because of how clean they are. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway or a family vacation! 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Wonderful vacation spot! Small but very cozy room with all the necessities handy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Twin Palms of Siesta
Twin Palms of Siesta
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Captiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!