“Second year for "Warriors in Paradise" - already looking forward to next year!”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We loved it last year and this year was even better!!!!

Tropical Breeze Resort is the perfect place for those looking for a casual, friendly, relaxing place to stay! Classmates are thrilled not only with being able to have accommodations in a campus-like setting, but also with ability to gather and visit in Hospitality Suite, around the pool, or walk to the beach. Love the convenience of being able to prepare group meals and barbeque to our hearts delight!

The Staff is INCREDIBLE - General Manager, Group Sales, Housekeeping, and Maintenance - they are all there ready and willing to make sure your stay is memorable!!!! I extended my stay this year and will again next year. It's a complete joy to arrive and relax! It's heart wrenching when you have to pack up and return to reality!

Tropical Breeze Resort is a little piece of Heaven on Earth!!! Can't wait to make the trip again next year!!!! Mange Tussen Takk (Many Thousand Thanks) Tropical Breeze!

• Stayed: May 2011
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Thank you for the great comments! I'm glad that the Wakefield Warriors found their perfect reunion destination in Paradise!! We all look forward to seeing you and the group next year.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

We have never been Siesta key before... We stayed in #171. It was wonderful, just steps from the beach. We rented bikes and enjoyed the village. The staff was wonderful and we really enjoyed every moment. Hoping to come back Memorial weekend and do it all over again. I am not finding any available rooms though and I am so disappointed. I guess we will try again another time. Thank you Tropical Breeze Resort our trip was Awesome!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We hope to have you back as our guest again soon! Mention you're a repeat guest when making your next reservation to take advantage of our repeat guest discount.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I hosted a large group of 65 people for an extended weekend (May 4-8). Great location, very friendly staff who responded to minor problems. Front office staff was extremely attentive to all concerns. This is located 200 yds from the Gulf and can walk to Village of Siesta Key. Has excellent resort facilities and the housekeeping staff tries to please everyone.
I recommend this for the families and the get away groups. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: May 2011
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is always nice having large groups at our resort whether it is for a reunion, wedding or retreat. I look forward to your group next year as having you, is always a pleasure!

Reviewed 9 May 2011

An absolutely wonderful experience. The room was clean and our own private beach access was wonderful. The location of our secluded room made the vacation splendid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the main strip
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your comments! I hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

After a friends recommendation of this hotel/cottage we checked out the website and booked for 1 night 2bd rm large suite, it was so cute. It looked like it was right out of Coastal Magazine, Furnitute, Granit counter tops, King sz/Queen sz bedrooms ~decorating was perfect so perfect we booked another night, but unfortunently the room was already booked .for the next night, but the staff was able to put us in a 1bd large suite also redecorated the most comfy beds. we were able to just move our luggage/cooler over as soon as the room was ready (12 noon) this place has 3 pools inviting chairs to hang out under the Tiki Hut nice and a BBQ
(not that I was cooking) this little town has great restaurants, Broken Egg for breakfast, was great, good coffee at Gillagans, and IceCream too! great seafood and the bars are fun but not out of control. the Beach was just a walk down the street, Aqua Blue Waters and White soft sand.
Can't wait to come back to this perfect little hide away :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

I am glad you enjoyed our resort. It is great being so close to the Siesta Key Village so that you can walk into town. I'm glad we were able to fit you in for your extra night! Thanks for the comments.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

I too was very nervous after reviewing other comments. Walking into our little villa was very pretty as it has a large tropical blooming courtyard shared by about 6 others with grills, fountain, nice tiki hut w/eating table where I enjoyed my breakfasts. After reading reviews I definately decided to request a renovated room. Our place #167 had been renovated and had granite counters and nice kitchen appliances, white and clean cabinets. We liked not having to go several floors up like big condos and having parking close to our room. Our king bed was amazingly comfortable and both my husband and I slept better than at home. He's always an early riser but was snoring away each morning. On the flip side, my adult son spent 3 nights with us and we had the queen pull out sofa bed for him. It was NOT very comfortable. and showed its wear but he makes the best of most situations and was fine. The bathroom was clean but small. It only has a pedestal sink and I missed not having a place to set my make-up, contact solutions, hair spray, and other toiletries. We had ckd several other prices in the area and although this was not a 5 star place, it made the most sense for us and what we wanted to pay ($153 nt during prime Easter wknd) So many places require a week stay but we only needed 4 nights. Yes, there were minor mishaps that a higher quality hotel wouldn't have had i.e. the housekeeper never seemed to get the towel count quite right. One day she only left one clean one and left all the other dirty ones but I found out they hadn't rec'd their towel supply yet and once the supply came, the housekeeper forgot to replenish. We also had no dish soap the first day but these minor issues were taken care of quickly. I also learned they had a new girl taking care of our place. The place was small but plenty adequate for us. I liked the small front porch to hang out wet bathing suits, towels and sandy shoes. There is no carpet inside but instead they have something similiar to a nice porcelain tile throughout which is good for all the sand that gets tracked in. Our minor issues with the condo were easily remedied by informing the office and the housekeeper was easily accessible each morning. The location was perfect. I was worried we might hear traffic being so close to the village but we never did. It was very quiet but yet we could walk 2 blocks to shops and restaurants and beach. The beach IS as awesome as everyone says. The part of the beach near this place is at the very north end of the 3-1/2 mile beach. It is not as wide as the public beach area or the part of the beach in front of the mega condo strip but still plenty wide. The public beach area gets much more crowded. I LOVED walking/jogging the whole stretch each morning from our northern end all the way to the southern end of Point of Rocks. The public beach is in the center of the stretch and takes about 15 mins to walk there but we appreciated our less crowded area. Hotel info states beach chairs and umbrellas available on first come first serve but you actually have to call or go into office to reserve them. During our busy season visit, we had to reserve before 8:30 and you can't reserve the night before. Then the employees set them up for you around 9:00. There was a shortage of umbrellas for the busy season and the umbrellas and chairs are taken in each evening. I was raised with 7 siblings so I am very adaptable but my husband is kinda anal about things and he enjoyed our choice and said if we go back he'd like the same place. He doesn't like the high rise condos and lots of people. I, too, would stay there again but if our adult son stays with us I would ck into a 2 bedroom if they have them. They did a "walk on" 9-3:00 fishing trip for about $60 each in Clearwater and enjoyed that too. We fried up their fish in our room and the houskeeper surprised me and had the dishes done for me. (I was waiting on dish soap before I tackled the nasty greasy frying pan but she beat me to it). If you're a shopper, you must head over to St Armandos Circle on Longboat Key. My sister in law stayed there. They said our beach sand was nicer than theirs. Theirs had more rough crushed shells as you walked in the water that could be hard on your feet. Ours was powdery and soft and NEVER got hot----amazing! Have fun!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Katrina62

Thank you for the great review. We have many 2 bedroom suites to choose from for your next stay and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 26 April 2011

stayed her wit the hubby for my b-day weekend and had a blast. the place was clean the service was good. we stayed for a week and the workers were very friendly. the beach and view were beautiful. i would recommend this to everyone. I plan to go back this summer. cant wait

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great Compliments of our resort. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed it. Please remember to mention the repeat guest discount when you come back!