“Love this place”

and 1 more site!
Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We had a really nice trip. We stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 bath for 2 nights and then moved to a 2 bedroom 1 bath for two nights when my daughter and son in law came to join us. The rooms were both cute, very laid back and beachy. A very short walk right to the beach - loved it. The villas are older homes that have been remodeled a bit, they are not real fancy. It is a more beach cottage feel. It is not the Ritz Carlton, but that is kinda the point. Every one we saw that worked for the resort was very nice. The pools are nice. The setting is great. I love the area. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: There is a variety of styles to choose from, so take the virtual tour and talk to the front desk abo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Breeze Resort! Thank you for your comments. I hope you come back soon to visit and please mention you are a repeat guest to receive your repeat guest discount!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Being a native of Sarasota Florida, sometimes we don’t take advantage of the paradise that we live in. So, my husband and I recently decided to take a little break from our daily routine and booked a room at the Tropical Breeze Resort. I was really surprised at how cute the accommodations were. We stayed in room 164, which was a little efficiency that opened up to a tropical courtyard. The room was clean and the front-office staff were very friendly. We acted like tourists, taking advantage of the short walk to the beach and all of the festivities that Siesta Key Village has to offer. So, all I can say to my fellow Sarasotans is, if you are looking for a weekend getaway, It’s in you own back yard at the Tropical Breeze Resort.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the courtyard view, as the weather is cool this time of year, so we were able to take...
1  Thank Nancy S
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Breeze Resort. Being from Sarasota myself, it is easy to take our slice of paradise for granted. I am glad you and your husband were able to have a mini "staycation" in Siesta key, recently rated the number one beach in the United States! I hope that you visit us again and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I live in Sarasota and stayed at Tropical Breeze 7 years ago before moving here and loved it, so when my sister and her 6 year old and 2 year old came for a visit, I told them to stay there. They are very low maintenance middle class people from the middle of Oklahoma and normally stay at Extended Stay or Best Western. They booked a room for two nights but left after the first, cutting our visit short because this hotel was so filthy. The kids' feet were black within the first 10 minutes of walking around the room which was a suite with a kitchen. There were pubic hairs stuck on the bathroom door which was right in your face when using the restroom. The fold out couch was so hard and thin that my six year old nephew wouldn't sleep on it because the springs poking through hurt so bad. The sheets kept popping off the mattress, had holes in them and the blanket they brought had a hole in it. The bathroom door could only be opened halfway before hitting the bed. My 90 year old grandmother, who was staying in a seperate room couldn't wash her hair because the shower was a "trickle". The ammonia odor was so strong, we smelled it before we opened the door to her room and it was sickening once inside. My sister was in room 109 which cost $167 after taxes for one night and my grandmother in 119 for $132. The reservation was made for two rooms a month out on the same credit card, yet they wouldn't even put them in adjoining rooms because all the rooms were "booked" once they arrived.
I don't know who is giving such high reviews for this place. Not only will I not recommend this hotel to anyone again, I will warn everyone I know to avoid it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank daisyj333

I am very sorry that your experience with Tropical Breeze fell below yours and our expectations. It has always been a goal of our team members to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction and guest experience. I hope that you can give us an opportunity to show you what the vast majority of our guest experience at Tropical Breeze Resort.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was our second time staying at Tropical Breeze. This year I asked to be closer to the beach... we were placed in room 274. Nice ocean view from the room, but these rooms definitely need updating. The couches were old and dirty, the bathroom was old, closet doors would not close, vanity doors did not close. We were disappointed in this room. The best thing about this hotel is location.. short walk to town and a few yards to beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated even if it's not near the beach!!
1  Thank shick66

Thank you for your comments. The proximity to Siesta key beach and the village is a great amenity that our property has to offer. I apologies for the disappointment you had with your room during your Stay at Tropical Breeze Resort. I would love for you to come back and visit us again as we do have 64 unique suites on property! I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

This was the first time I have visited the Siesta Key area and first time in this hotel. We stayed in room 108, the one bedroom suite right next to the registration office. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel. The best thing about the hotel is LOCATION. It is a two minute walk to eat and shop and a less than 5 minute walk to the beach. The public beach is a short bike ride away and well worth the extra time to get there. The hotel staff was friendly and very quick to meet our needs. The continental breakfast was a little disappointing....juice/coffee and muffins. We grabbed muffins for snacks and went next door to the Broken Egg for a full breakfast. The hotel itself is really quaint. The screened in patios were really nice, especially for our two little dogs. The suite was a little cramped on room. The bed pretty much took up the entire room and we had to squeeze by it to get to the bathroom. The bathroom was clean and had adequate space. The biggest issue was the bed is on wheels and on a tile floor. Not suitable for honeymooners!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

First of all I would like to congratulate you on your marriage and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon on Siesta Key at Tropical Breeze Resort. I am glad to hear that you will be back and please remember to mention that you are a repeat guest for your discount to be applied. Also, we have 64 unique rooms that vary in size so make sure to mention you would like a larger unit when you rebook. Also, if I may suggest our honeymoon suite for your next visit!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

At least once a year I stay at The Tropical Breeze Resort when visiting my family in Sarasota. This year I stayed (for 10 days) in Room 151 which had a large living room (2 sofas, 2 chairs) and dining room (table for 6), well equipped kitchen (granite counter tops), a very large bathroom, and a large master bedroom. One of the advantages of staying at the Tropical Breeze is its location between town and the beach. The Tropical Breeze Resort is a well operated casual resort. I always enjoy my stay. Many thanks to general manager Norman Amort, sales manager Jessica Higgins, the front desk crew Anna, Alexa and Jennifer, and the maintenance crew especially Phil, Jose and Lewis, and everyone who helped make my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank cbaymartin
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for your comments and for being such a loyal repeat guest! 151 is a great room with a lot of space and conveniently located between the beach and village as well as near one four three heated pools. Our staff really strives to provide the best customer service and guest experience available so thnk you for also recognizing our staff in your review- this is truly what it is all about. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed in room 155 and were in town for a wedding being held at the resort. The room was very nice and spacious. Having the kitchen was a nice surprise as well as the small sofa in the bedroom area where we could watch TV. I loved this location and how quaint it seemed. Being able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in Siesta Key was a real bonus and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Breeze! Please remember to mention you are a repeat guest when making your future accommodations so we can apply your discount!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!