“First Getaway !!”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Looked on line found the resort,called and they answered all my questions.Brought my new girlfriend up for a short visit.When we got there we found the resort and the employees to be very nice and willing to help.I rented the Honeymoon Suite,it was perfect,large and roomy!The Resort is a 5 min. walk to the beach and all the best places to eat.You can`t go wrong with the Tropical Breeze Resort.We will be back,this time for a longer stay.Thanks for a Great visit!

There are newer reviews for Tropical Breeze Resort

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We came all the way from northern Illinois to get married on Siesta Key beach. We hired Siesta Key Events and one of their preferred vendors was Tropical Breeze Resort. After reading the terrible reviews on the internet, I was very sceptical to book all 20 people that were joining us. I was reassured by Tammie from Siesta Key Events, that many of their brides have booked there and were happy. She was right! I couldn't have been more happy with our decision and her recommendation. We stayed in The honeymoon suite (114). It was HUGE. More than enough space. Our 16yr old and 4yr old boys had room 108. Our 21yr old and 19yr old daughters (and 2 boyfriends) stayed in 109. A little small for 4 adults but totally worked. My mother and stepfather stayed in 101, the best room of all the 1 bedroom resort suites (I think). They gave us a break on rooms, and our honeymoon suite that was at least 4x the size was the same price as the rest! The free breakfast in the morning isn't much, but it's not worth talking about here. There are 3 pools on the property. all clean but on the small side. The location is phenomenal!!!! We will definitely be returning!!! I can't rave enough about how perfect it was for our guests. Amy and Mic

Room Tip: We stayed in the very first part of the resort, right by the office. The courtyard is great and has...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We held our wedding weekend celebration at the Tropical Breeze Resort and it was unbelievable! The hotel was beautiful and worked out great. Just about 100 yards from the beach (sunset point where we were married) and within walking distance to all of the restaurants, bars, laundry and market.

We rented the entire pool house and rooms 130 – 160. All of the rooms have queen/king size beds and most of the rooms have a full kitchen with granite counter tops. The pool house has a common area with a huge kitchen, two dinning room tables, and two couches. It was the perfect gathering place for all of the events for the weekend.

The hotel staff was great, very helpful with all of the planning (even when we needed to move rooms around on a daily basis for family) prior to us staying there, especially Jessica in the main office who helped to coordinate everything and always called to see if we needed any other help with our wedding plans. Then during our stay they were very accommodating with delivering breakfast to the pool house on Saturday morning and having it all set up and ready to go for our guests. Also the women that brought us fresh towels each day (sorry with all the excitement I have forgotten your name) but she was so nice and so wonderful and always asking if she could get us anything.

It was a very nice hotel to stay at and most of our family are planning to rent it again through out the year for Family Reunions and other major events! Thank you so much to all of the hotel staff for making our wedding weekend everything it could have been! It meant a lot to us! See you again for our 1 year anniversary!

Room Tip: Room 257 is a two bedroom, it is very large and nice, but it is upstairs so keep that in mind if you...
3  Thank VMT0708
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We had a really nice trip. We stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 bath for 2 nights and then moved to a 2 bedroom 1 bath for two nights when my daughter and son in law came to join us. The rooms were both cute, very laid back and beachy. A very short walk right to the beach - loved it. The villas are older homes that have been remodeled a bit, they are not real fancy. It is a more beach cottage feel. It is not the Ritz Carlton, but that is kinda the point. Every one we saw that worked for the resort was very nice. The pools are nice. The setting is great. I love the area. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: There is a variety of styles to choose from, so take the virtual tour and talk to the front desk abo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Breeze Resort! Thank you for your comments. I hope you come back soon to visit and please mention you are a repeat guest to receive your repeat guest discount!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Being a native of Sarasota Florida, sometimes we don’t take advantage of the paradise that we live in. So, my husband and I recently decided to take a little break from our daily routine and booked a room at the Tropical Breeze Resort. I was really surprised at how cute the accommodations were. We stayed in room 164, which was a little efficiency that opened up to a tropical courtyard. The room was clean and the front-office staff were very friendly. We acted like tourists, taking advantage of the short walk to the beach and all of the festivities that Siesta Key Village has to offer. So, all I can say to my fellow Sarasotans is, if you are looking for a weekend getaway, It’s in you own back yard at the Tropical Breeze Resort.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the courtyard view, as the weather is cool this time of year, so we were able to take...
1  Thank Nancy S
tbreeze941, Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Breeze Resort. Being from Sarasota myself, it is easy to take our slice of paradise for granted. I am glad you and your husband were able to have a mini "staycation" in Siesta key, recently rated the number one beach in the United States! I hope that you visit us again and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I live in Sarasota and stayed at Tropical Breeze 7 years ago before moving here and loved it, so when my sister and her 6 year old and 2 year old came for a visit, I told them to stay there. They are very low maintenance middle class people from the middle of Oklahoma and normally stay at Extended Stay or Best Western. They booked a room for two nights but left after the first, cutting our visit short because this hotel was so filthy. The kids' feet were black within the first 10 minutes of walking around the room which was a suite with a kitchen. There were pubic hairs stuck on the bathroom door which was right in your face when using the restroom. The fold out couch was so hard and thin that my six year old nephew wouldn't sleep on it because the springs poking through hurt so bad. The sheets kept popping off the mattress, had holes in them and the blanket they brought had a hole in it. The bathroom door could only be opened halfway before hitting the bed. My 90 year old grandmother, who was staying in a seperate room couldn't wash her hair because the shower was a "trickle". The ammonia odor was so strong, we smelled it before we opened the door to her room and it was sickening once inside. My sister was in room 109 which cost $167 after taxes for one night and my grandmother in 119 for $132. The reservation was made for two rooms a month out on the same credit card, yet they wouldn't even put them in adjoining rooms because all the rooms were "booked" once they arrived.
I don't know who is giving such high reviews for this place. Not only will I not recommend this hotel to anyone again, I will warn everyone I know to avoid it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank daisyj333

I am very sorry that your experience with Tropical Breeze fell below yours and our expectations. It has always been a goal of our team members to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction and guest experience. I hope that you can give us an opportunity to show you what the vast majority of our guest experience at Tropical Breeze Resort.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was our second time staying at Tropical Breeze. This year I asked to be closer to the beach... we were placed in room 274. Nice ocean view from the room, but these rooms definitely need updating. The couches were old and dirty, the bathroom was old, closet doors would not close, vanity doors did not close. We were disappointed in this room. The best thing about this hotel is location.. short walk to town and a few yards to beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated even if it's not near the beach!!
1  Thank shick66

Thank you for your comments. The proximity to Siesta key beach and the village is a great amenity that our property has to offer. I apologies for the disappointment you had with your room during your Stay at Tropical Breeze Resort. I would love for you to come back and visit us again as we do have 64 unique suites on property! I will share your comments with our team.