“worst experience ever”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My boyfriend made a reservation for New Year's Eve. When we got there they said we didn't have a reservation. We had a confirmation number so they gave us a room. It was dank and dirty. The air conditioning unit was so filthy that we felt sick in the room. Then they called us at home and said that we had two reservations and charged us for a separate reservation for someone put down as the guest. They don't know what they are doing. Please do not go there. It's awful!!!!!

Room Tip: Never stay at Tropical Breeze!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Myna13
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Tropical Breeze Resort. Unfortunately two reservations were made online with two different names and one was never cancelled, therefore you were charged one night room and tax for a no show fee over New Year's Eve. We were sold out and turned many guests away. I'm sorry if you felt that this charge was unjust, it's a standard hotel policy when making reservations. I hope that you will visit us again when in the Siesta Key area, just call the hotel directly and we will make your reservations and ensure a great stay.

There are newer reviews for Tropical Breeze Resort

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Was amazed at how close to the sea! Adorable little cottages! I had an efficiency suite. Just perfect with a screened porch and my parking right outside my door.
My cottage was right between the Village and the ocean, about, about a one minute walk either way. Very near nightlife! I felt very safe wandering around alone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessy Ann S
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We apreciate your choosing the Tropical Breeze Resort for your vacation. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and our accommodations. Please come back and stay with us when in the Siesta Key area again. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We've stayed here the last two years and couldn't be happier. This time around we stayed in the honeymoon suite, far and away the nicest unit there. A couple of issues when we checked in that were taken care of right away. Short walking distance to everything, town or beach. Honestly no need for a car. We rent one and it sits in the parking space. The resort was probably built in the 50s, very good stay,

Room Tip: If noise is an issue for you, get a room further away from town. Live music every evening.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your continued patronage. We value your business and look forward to your next stay. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband broke his toe due to slippery tile...Was promised free comp room for inconvenience, but they did not hold to their promise. Never heard back, called today to see if we could use it, they say that they have no record of our stay???We stay every year on our anniversary, but they have NO RECORD...People, be very careful on their tile floors, almost fell in office and my husband fell in room, we have pictures that we sent but they say they have no record...We are not ones to SUE, but we were told we would be compensated...LIES

Room Tip: Watch out for slippery tile floors, they blame it on sand but I beg to differ!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven B

After reading other hotel Trip Advisor reviews, you have left the same review on several other hotels. We have no record of you staying with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

No complaints. Everything was so relaxing, beautiful, and very much worth the price! I would recommend this area and hotel to anyone! The studio was perfect for two people (could have slept one more on the couch bed if needed). Staff was friendly and welcoming. A+++

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy P
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at Tropical Breeze a few years ago for the first time, then returned this past April. This hotel is in a great location, a very short walking distance to the beach and Siesta Key Village, a quaint area with some shops and great restaurants, like the SKOB (Siesta Key Oyster Bar) and the Daiquiri Deck (best happy hour for 2 for 1 daiquiri's from 3-7) and of course, the Salty Dog just up the road from the village. Sure, the hotel isn't on the beach, but it's only a block or two walk and I liked that it was a more low-key, 'tropical' area compared to nearby Crescent Beach. This last trip, I traveled solo, but didn't feel I was in any danger when coming back to my room at night. The small pool was clean and just enough if one was tired of saltwater. The breakfast was fine for me (coffee, juice, oatmeal, cereal, muffins/pastries), but I also bought some items at the supermarket in the village---which also sells wine and beer. If I come to Siesta Key again, I most likely will stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank CarlaColorado
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent 3 night from October 22 to 25th. The resort consists of a number of individual cottages. We stayed in a 1BR unit (number 102). It was an easy walk to the beach, about 2 short blocks and the Siesta Key Village was only 1 block away. Our unit had been upgraded, but with a queen size bed the bedroom was very tight on space. The unit came with 2 beach chairs which was a nice touch.

The staff was super helpful and very, very nice. The room came with a continental breakfast

The rooms were clean and came with wireless internet

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple