“Love this place”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
“Love this place”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had two nights here and enjoyed every minute..perfect location and our suite was beautiful..full kitchen..one bedroom..full bath..very very clean and you can't beat the location. We will be back..already making reservations for October ..thanks to the staff..high fives all around!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sherrybrooks
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort and for your glowing review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return! Call us directly for a repeat guest rate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I forgot some of my groceries that I left in the car. It was 11 pm. The room key was a credit card type that you swipe, and was working fin all afternoon and evening. I put the card in my pocket and went to my car, when I got back the card key did not work. I did not have my wallet, phone or glasses on me. I tried the windows to see if one was open not that lucky. So I walked down to the office that was closed. They had numbers to call but were to small to read without my glasses. I was up all nite Mosquitos and all. It was a living hell. I was furious!!!
Finally the maintenance guy got there at 7am he let me in and I asked him if this happens much and he was honest and told me yes all the time. So when the manager got in she said that the number was posted (I needed glasses to see it) and that she could not refund money for that day so this is fair warning.

Room Tip: Don't do it!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Gordon B
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We are so sorry that you were locked out of your suite after the office was closed. It happens very rarely and we have an emergency number posted to assist our guests after hours. Someone would have been here in a matter of minutes. With the constant police presence and proximity to the restaurants next door, I'm so sorry that someone couldn't have helped you read the emergency numbers. We will make sure that all of our emergency information is clearly readable.
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is an interesting little place, with a variety of properties of various sizes within close proximity of the beach and the shopping and restaurant areas. This is easily one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and it is literally a 5 min walk away from the resort.

Because I stayed at this place 20 year and loved it then and have now returned, I wanted to be able to give it a higher rating. But while we found our accommodations comfortable, I think I struggled with a couple of things. First, the overall condition of our unit felt a little dated and/or worn. Not in disrepair, but not quite as "fresh" as it could have been either. For example, the grout in the shower stall was stained with a bit of mould in the corners, not a lot, but still it could have been cleaner. And our bath towels looked they had passed their expiry date a while ago and/or could have used a good hot water wash with bleach.

The efficiency unit was stocked with everything we needed, pots and pans, utensils etc. including a toaster and a blender and a bottle opener too. The stove was a good size and so was the fridge. The air conditioning was excellent and so were the three ceiling fans.

The courtyard was really nice but I also felt that the walk ways good have used a daily sweep from the housecleaning or grounds staff. The fact that they did not get swept during the 4 days we were there was rather surprising to me.

Oh, and the pool was really nice. The kids and I really enjoyed taking a dip in the pool after a swim at the beach.

As for customer service, the ladies at the front office were professional and efficient at check in, but not overly friendly or very welcoming either. I thought maybe I'd caught them at a bad time, but they were equally cool when I went to get beach towels and at check out. Maybe I was spoiled by Disney's customer service on this trip, but the ladies in the office could take a lesson or two from the Disney folks for sure.

I really like Tropical Breeze Resort. It is in a perfect location, close to the beach and everything else you need in a "beach holiday". And the resort itself has a lot of potential. I'd definitely consider going again too, but I hope that they will pay attention to some of the finer details in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank DaveandBeverley
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Tropical Breeze Resort. I appreciate your comments. You will be happy to know that guests' suggestions don't go unnoticed and we are doing exactly what you pointed out, we are updating all of our units so everything will be "fresh" and not "dated". You can feel confident when making your future reservations that the items mentioned have been addressed and corrected. Thanks again for your continued patronage!
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The beach is steps away. the shops, restaurants, and activities easy walking (strolling) distance. The staff is very courteous and always available. While units are older, some small, some spacious, the units are clean and well maintained. The neighborhood is quiet and serene. Tiki Huts are spaced throughout the property so you can enjoy the evening. There simply was no down side to this stay!

Room Tip: There are many different sizes and areas. Look at the site map and request where you want to be.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johng1351
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being in the heart of Siesta Key Village is a huge asset when visiting the area, no need for a car! Thank you so much for staying with us, we look forward to your return.
plattsburgh, ny
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel is one block from private beach. This is NOT the beach voted one of the 10 best. That is up the road 2 miles. Also one block from the 2 block long village shopping area. Hotel is a series of cinder block buildings painted in tropical colors. I stayed with a group of people in different rooms in different buildings. All rooms are not created equal. Some have small bathrooms, some large. Some have nice outdoor space, some do not. Some have kitchens and some kitchenettes. Etc. You need to be very inquisitive so that you know exactly what you are getting. There is probably a room with what you want but you need to ask questions. There are 3 pools and a thatch gazebo and gas grills for use.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank carmelarose
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort. We appreciate all of your comments. We really do have a wide variety of accommodations and suggest guests make their reservations directly with the hotel. That helps us determine the guests needs. I hope that you will come and stay with us again when visiting Siesta Key. Enjoy your summer in upstate New York.
Sarasota
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Always stay for special occasion in May.
Great location, fair pricing, housekeeping always tries to accommodate.
...always an issue when getting your room requested months in advance. (NO GRANTEES ON ROOM) which almost makes me NERVOUS.
...and an absolute rip-off getting charged full day rate of $140+ for check-in times of 4pm...(even though mang. will work get you in sooner if possible)
1/2 your day is already spent before your in room, and paying a full days rate...(this NEEDS TO CHANGE) Ownership needs to address this problem.
-Higher more Main/Housekeeping staff to turn rooms over quicker while not skimping on cleanliness of rooms...
I'd pay more if I knew I would be in my room settled in before 2pm
and spend those extra 2 hrs enjoying my Vaca at the TB...
I hope ownership reads this.
John Staniszewski
Sarasota, Fl.

• Stayed May 2014
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi John,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort. All of the area hotels have a check-in time beginning at either 3:00pm or 4:00pm. That's a typical check-in time for hotels. We realize that guests are anxious to go enjoy our beautiful location but these times are standard. I hope that you will come and visit us again in the future. Thanks again for staying with us!
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel during Spring Break 2014. The location is close to the beach and the main activities. However the beds were very uncomfortable and price seems too high for what they offer. One week after we left, they charged additional 200 usd for cleaning a mark on the couch that was already there when we arrived. We called them and clarified our position, but they didn't want to hear our story. would never stay there or recommend again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank shandajc
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry if you didn't get a restful nights sleep, we replaced all of the mattresses recently and have received nothing but rave reviews. In regards to the cleaning fee, unfortunately after your stay with us we had to have the upholstered furniture professionally cleaned. Those are new sofas and were not soiled prior to your visit. I'm sorry for this additional cost but we have to charge for property damage or if we incur professional cleaning costs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!