“not on the beach as promised, they changed our room twice before we got there.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropical Breeze Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

I had made my reservation 6 weeks prior and was promised a room facing the ocean. I called the day before my arrival they advised they were remodeling and that room was not available so they gave me another that was to face the beach, upon arrival the next day they advised that room was now being painted and I was given another room, not facing the water as promised either, NONE of their rooms face the water, there are houses in front of them that are on the beach. The rooms are scattered over several acres in a quiet neighborhood and ours was clean and nice, just had been promised the room faced the ocean, that was a real disappointment.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
ripple0205
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

My family, friends and I have been going to this hotel for the past 10 years and we absolutely love it. I know there are other reviews on here saying it's pretty dirty and old but not true at all. True that it's not what people would call a resort and maybe that is misleading but it is not dirty or old. It actually just got renovated a couple of years ago. The best part of the hotel for us is the location. Walking distance to everything from the stores and restaurants to the beach. Which for us living in a congested city is what we look forward to. We park the car in front of our room and it stays there for the days we are staying and doesn't get used until we leave. It's fabulous. The staff are very sweet and helpful as well.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

My family and I visited the Tropical Breeze as return guests in October of 2008. We had such a lovely time on the beach, and the location is truly fantastic. However, I cannot say anything else nice about the Tropical Breeze “Resort.” The word, “resort” is a joke when used in connection with Tropical Breeze. I posted a review back in October after our visit, and was begged by the manager at the Tropical Breeze to take it down. We were offered two free nights via a gift certificate from the “then” manager as well as reduced rates any time we wanted to come back, except holidays; with the promise of staying in a renovated unit, that would be clean, if we would take down our post. We were also refunded one night for all of our hassle, problems, and upon the manager visiting our unit and seeing just how dirty, mold and mildew infested it was, during our stay. I am not sure why there is so much turnover with the management staff at the Tropical Breeze, but they seem to hire managers who are confrontational but nonetheless, since our first stay two years ago, we have seen multiple changes in their staff. The current manager has a very sassy attitude and he has an unwillingness to make his current company appear honorable by honoring the deal we had been given (in writing) by the manager who was there in October. Therefore, I said that because they would not hold up their end of the “bargain”, and because this new manager is so rude, I would repost my review so that others could be warned about the Tropical Breeze prior to making a reservation. As you read this review, please keep in mind that we have two free nights with the Tropical Breeze that we do not even want to use, due to the units being dirty and quite frankly, health violations and bathrooms full of mold and mildew; not to mention the unnecessarily rude, sassy attitudes of the new management. There is one young lady, Jessica, who seems to be polite. Unfortunately, she is not the manager.

In October, we stayed in one of the renovated units. The tile floors look nice and the granite counter tops in the kitchen look nice. That is about as nice as it gets. The vent in the living area was filthy, black. There were fleas in the unit, and we had no pets. Pets are allowed with this resort, though, so we wonder if someone had a dog with fleas who stayed in the unit before we did. The entire unit was not only dusty, but very dirty. The shower had black hairs in the tub and on the wall - when we arrived. There was mold and mildew all over the bathroom, and we feel probably the living room as well. All of us arrived extremely healthy and happy, and we left sick and discouraged. Our young child was coughing every night, and could barely breathe due to the dust, mold and mildew. We tried to wipe down the entire unit/apartment to clean it ourselves, including the baseboards and floors, but apparently that was not possible. The sheets were so rough and torn, that we had to put our beach towels on the pull out bed for our daughter to have something soft on which to sleep. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable that we took cushions from the love seat and sofa and put them on the “bed” to make it more comfortable. There was one coffee cup; a half roll of paper towels in the kitchen, one plate and random pieces of silverware in our “full” kitchen, and it just wasn’t clean. Even though we swept the unit ourselves every day, the floors were never clean. When we stayed with the Tropical Breeze a couple of years ago, a very nice man carried beach chairs down for us when he saw us carrying them, and he told us it was part of his job to help us. Not wanting to make someone carry chairs for us, we took them ourselves in October. We were told by a new maintenance man that we could not do that, as we had to call the front desk to request them, so they could charge us, by a maintenance worker. When I called the front desk to request some chairs, the girl at the front desk stated I should have known better. I replied, “I am sorry that there is a misunderstanding, but I cannot understand why you are being rude to me.” She said that she figured I could not understand it. I told her that I had read reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the staff being rude to guests, but that it had never happened to us until now, and she replied, “The person who wrote that review was stupid, too.” I paused and said, “Excuse me? ‘Stupid, too?” Are you inferring that I am stupid?” She realized at that point what she had said, and how incredibly rude and unprofessional she was. I simply said, “Never mind, we do not want the chairs anymore.” I went back to the beach and told my husband what she said. My husband went to the store and bought chairs for us to use. He spoke to Kyna, the manager at the time, with regards to the desk clerk’s behavior, and Kyna seemed appalled. This was the only encounter with the front desk staff that had been rude, and we told her that all of the other staff had been friendly. However, the other staff were teenagers working after school hours, and it is sad to think that those teenagers cared more about their jobs than the current management, but it would appear that is exactly the case.

Spend a little more money and stay somewhere nicer. This place is a dump.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank lovefoodandbeach
FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

It was over all nice!The 1 bedroom small was nice and everything but the sofa that turns into a bed the matress on the sofa bed was not thick at all!!!So we put cussions on the bed and then the sheet went over that was Way better! But the pictures make the room look big but is not! We stayed in 1 bedroom small and it was beautiful where you wallked up to the rooms! We saw some over like area places where they have like the studio and etc. rooms which some were a little JUNKY looking! We only saw the outside!But one of the pools was extremly small but the othere one was beautiful! The pool house looked nice on the outside! It was in the village and u could like wallk like to restruants and shops.But one thing the restrauant Old Salty Dog is the one of the worst resturants serving SMALL!

• Stayed June 2009
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

Location is very important....and this is where you want to be! you have a nice area of beach and the village all at your resort!! we will be going back soon for a two week long vacation and this is the perfect spot to be. Clean Comfortable and cozy! the only down fall is no wifi in your room.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

I was a little concerned about staying at Tropical Breeze as some of the reviews were very negative. However, from the moment we walked in our room, I knew we had nothing to worry about. Check-in was a breeze! Our room (small suite), was completely updated and very clean. All three pools were well kept. The proximity to the beach was great! The walk to Siesta Village took only a couple of minutes. There is so much to do within walking distance. We hardly used our car at all. The location is absolutely wonderful!! The resort does not offer wi-fi in the rooms, but there is a computer station in the office that is available for all guests to use (free of charge). I have stayed many places and while this may not be your typical resort (a bunch of rooms surrounding a pool), it is a very charming and wonderful place to stay. I would recommend it to my friends and family and hope to go back in the fall!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

Pictures are deceiving online and the staff and management are RUDE! We stayed in the pool house and it was a crap box....I would have rather pitched a tent on the beach.

• Stayed May 2009
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
The Capri at Siesta
The Capri at Siesta
#2 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!